Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stronghold 2 Question

Malachi1975Malachi1975 Member Posts: 1,079

Hello fellow MMORPG.com'ers.

Question for anyone out there who has bought Stronghold 2. Is the CD Key linked to an Online Play account like EA games now does? I only ask because I have found a used copy for sale cheap but I would hate to get the game and not be able to play online with friends.

Thanks in advance.

"What is it I have against Microsoft, you ask? Well, you know how you feel when you wait for an MMO to come out and when it does you feel like you've paid to play it's beta test for another 6-9 months before anything even thinks of working the way it should? Being a network engineer you feel that way about anything Microsoft puts out."

Comments

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253
    Not sure but if you work it out can you repost... or PM me please because I want to get this one on the cheap too... I enjoyed the first one but its not the kind of game Id buy at full retail...image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

If you have the original Stronghold, stick with it. Stronghold 2 is a horrible game - units move extremly slowly, graphics are quite bland, loading times are atrocious...

• Malachi1975Malachi1975 Member Posts: 1,079

Originally posted by Razorback
    Not sure but if you work it out can you repost... or PM me please because I want to get this one on the cheap too... I enjoyed the first one but its not the kind of game Id buy at full retail...image

That was my thinking as well, Razor. Like the post above me mentioned, the game has some issues. The new patch is out soon though so who knows. As for whether or not it works: I got it straight from the horses mouth ( a Firefly Studios CS agent ) that there is NO problem with a used copy of the game. I ended up paying $9.99 on eBay. Sure, I wouldn't have paid $39.99-$49.99 for the game but $10 is cheap enough to make me happy.

"What is it I have against Microsoft, you ask? Well, you know how you feel when you wait for an MMO to come out and when it does you feel like you've paid to play it's beta test for another 6-9 months before anything even thinks of working the way it should? Being a network engineer you feel that way about anything Microsoft puts out."

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253
    For about 2 years now I have been buying the majority of my non MMO games from Ebay, used. I have never got a dud and basically if I play them out in about 3 months I get 90% of my money back when I re-sell. It sure helps keep consts down and means I can play pretty much everything that comes out without breaking the bank.image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• zeboathzeboath Member Posts: 396

Originally posted by Malachi1975
    Hello fellow MMORPG.com'ers.
    Question for anyone out there who has bought Stronghold 2. Is the CD Key linked to an Online Play account like EA games now does? I only ask because I have found a used copy for sale cheap but I would hate to get the game and not be able to play online with friends.
    Thanks in advance.

Great news for you!!! There is no CD KEY!!

--------------------------------------------