Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Related but irrelevant...

This is not at all Heinrick's language. It must have been translated or something...

• darthturtle1darthturtle1 Member Posts: 208

Standard boilerplate SV type

*Population has been increasing*

*All features are working perfectly*

*New Patch will be amazing*

*New GUI will let us be able to fix everything*

I think you can take out the Awakening name in the patch and put EPIC patch in it and he pretty much said the same thing.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

This is another effort to reel in suckers who think that Henrik and his team actually have a game that is ANYTHING CLOSE to what have talked about.

Henrik giving an interview just like he used to spout all kinds of awesome info while in IRC doesn't make the game any better. It's just a way of suckering more people in for a crappy game.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

nice interview, but nothing new for the community really other than trolls planned for awakening and magery will get a revamp in the next patch.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• GeroltGerolt Member Posts: 98

Only skimmed it briefly, but..

Mortal has a fair number of interesting features that potential players may not be aware of; things like the player-written books and notes that are being introduced with the Awakening expansion (or the task system that allows players to create quests for one another) offer a lot of replay value and non-combat options. Are there more "fluff" features like these in the works?

So basically:

"Mortal Online has a lot of features, like those that haven't been implemented yet, and even those are only peanuts and don't add to gameplay.."

Yea .. whatever man.

Also, the questions happen to be just about the features that Henrik keeps promising, followed by Henrick going "yes I wanna do exactly that" every single time. Looks like the questions were picked by SV according to the answers that they wanted to give... pretty pathetic.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Best quote:

We are slowly building up the population in our game 

In rebuttal I introduce him to his own Financial Report which was just released where you find the following statements:

The number of monthly payments during the fourth quarter of 2011 decreased compared to the third quarter of 2011 

And if you go back and check the last quarterly report he says the exact same thing.  So his financial reports say population is continually declining and yet he claims they are "building up" the population.   Is the company lying on the financial report or is Henrik lying in the interview?  Both statements cannot be true.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

"As recently as the start of this year, we actually got some important new functions in place within our technology that allows us to deliver a much more solid solution in key areas such as the AI."

I was not aware any new AI changes had been introduced into the game recently?  I was under the impression from Theia that the whole team was working on that and it had not been introduced yet.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Originally posted by Talonsin

"As recently as the start of this year, we actually got some important new functions in place within our technology that allows us to deliver a much more solid solution in key areas such as the AI."

I was not aware any new AI changes had been introduced into the game recently?  I was under the impression from Theia that the whole team was working on that and it had not been introduced yet.

beleive what he is talking about is a fix for atlas that allows the integration of the ai package from epic games. Which i thought was introduced a few months back but i guess thats along the lines of what hes talking about. Of course the ai is still the same currently just that its possiblie to start integrating it into the actual game as opposed to just UE3.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• RainBringerRainBringer Member Posts: 150

Originally posted by Gerolt

Mortal has a fair number of interesting features that potential players may not be aware of; things like the player-written books and notes that are being introduced with the Awakening expansion (or the task system that allows players to create quests for one another) offer a lot of replay value and non-combat options. Are there more "fluff" features like these in the works?

Wow man...I really thought you edited out Dawn to add in that word: Awakening. But I went and checked out the interview to see that line for myself and it Does say Awakening.

This was the SAME yarn daddy's boy spun during DAWN's release. Its probably taken word for word from one of their older manifesto SV releases from Dawn's time. 

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Pretty good article on the current status and immediate future of the game.  It rolls the information up pretty nicely.

They've got a discussion going about it on the official forums as well:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/71221-new-interview-henrik-nystrom.html

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Originally posted by SHOE788

This is not at all Heinrick's language. It must have been translated or something...

That's the first think I thought of when I read the article.  This is not the same Henrik we see on the forums or twitter.

It looks like massively sent them a few questions, and they took there time wrote out the answers.  They had those answers proof read and edited and that's what were reading.

It's nice to see some professionalism.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• GeroltGerolt Member Posts: 98

Originally posted by username509

Originally posted by SHOE788

That's the first think I thought of when I read the article.  This is not the same Henrik we see on the forums or twitter.

It looks like massively sent them a few questions, and they took there time wrote out the answers.  They had those answers proof read and edited and that's what were reading.

It's nice to see some professionalism.

Nah. Looks more like SV begged massively to publish an interview, massively was like "okay whatever you losers" and SV was like "okay here are the questions and answers, you won't even need to come up with your own - we spent the last 6 months working on this and random sockpuppet sites / forum accounts" and massively was like "ok, else we wouldn't bother anyway - come on you have like 30 players, go diaf" and SV is like "lulz!!!! best propaganda ever nobody will ever notice, the perfect crime, har har har har har har."