Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to wurm

bosmer24bosmer24 Member UncommonPosts: 116

I just started playing recently,finished the tutorial and went to the freedom server.I've been trying to explore the world,but where ever i seem to go,there's always a village or someone's deed,i have yet to  come across any vast landscapes that are free of villages or deeds.I just want to find a huge forrest to explore,to get lost in i guess.

Not really a problem,since i am fascinated with the game itself.Any suggestions would be helpeful,thanks.

Comments

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

those are long gone...your only hope is digging into a mountain and making a cave for yourself. finding an untouched forest will be difficult.

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• bosmer24bosmer24 Member UncommonPosts: 116

Well i have to say that is really disheartening.What's the point of exploration then if every forrest has been made into someone's personal deed or village.I thought wurm was supposed to have a huge game world?I mean i hope you get where i am coming from.It kind of breaks the immersion for me when there isn't even a shred of untamed wilderness anywhere.

• TorlukTorluk Member Posts: 162

Originally posted by lalartu

those are long gone...your only hope is digging into a mountain and making a cave for yourself. finding an untouched forest will be difficult.

Before the new servers opened it could seem like this, as you had to travel a long way to get away from the most populated areas around the spawn, but I disagree, even then it was possible to find wild areas.  I'd recommend joining a village until you master the basics, can ride a horse and have a boat as these will make exploring much less dangerous and frustrating.

Which freedom server are you on OP?  You can check out the maps for them in their sub sections of the wurm forums.  Looking at those should give you some ideas of where you might find what you are looking for, although don't expect to find miles and miles of pristine land it is a multiplayer game afterall.