Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what was your favorite swg game moment

i remember when i finally finished my master rifleman grind lol,it was used and cheap,but being able to finally use my T-21...priceless

Comments

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

I remember getting master rifleman and being able to use t21s. I also remember a dramatic jump in firing speed just from getting that master box. that was good times.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

I'm not sure if they removed it from the game (during first few months of launch), but my uncle was jumping up and down when he had found this GIGANTIC WHITE CANNON. The stats were pretty decent and looked pretty cool. HOWEVER, when he fired it, it sounded like a mouse that just farted out a bb pellet.

We all laughed and made fun of his new "sweet" gun.

lolz

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

I remember the sheer terror of running to my harvestors before mounts were in the game.  If a mob populated by one of them and I saw red it would make for an interesting hour or so.  Those early days were the funnest to me.

After November of 2005, my favorite moment was when SOE pulled the plug on the game.  2,000 suckers cried out in agony and in an instant were quieted.

Tecmo Bowl.

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

When I got my first AT-ST "pet". Jeez that was hilarious, those things were so OP you could take down an entire party of rebels on your own :)))

Then they got uber nerfed and it wasn't so fun anymore.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

I think the most enjoyable time i had in pvp was when i played SWG. Was a lowby in Anchorhead, saw a bunch of red dots coming from up the hill. Few of us noobs got together and went after those dirty imps. Some high level, some low, and each had 1+ AT-ST. We got raped, but we kept fighting, and that battle lasted a very long time, eventualy word got out and some higher class rebels came and we beat them back. It was fun, exciting, action packed, and the outcome wasnt known.

Had many great battles in AH.

Player city battles also were much fun. Having guild invade another guild to try to take out a base. Ahhhh

And i was mostly a crafter but couldnt miss those fun pvp times. Always had my one combat toon to pvp.

• SpiroTrisSpiroTris Member Posts: 60

I will never forget the first time our guild managed to get a full group of 20 people together and went hunting rancors on dathomir. This was just after release before most people even mastered marksman :)

• SizzzSizzz Member Posts: 61

Hard to choose just one, but a good one that gave a real sense of SW was a 100+ vs 100+ rebel vs imp battle in a valley on tattoine. Each side where encamped on each side of the valley slopes.

As a rebel looking at the imperial encampment, with at least a dozen AT-STs at the crest of the slope silohetted by the setting sun. The huge master ranger camps dotted accross the hillside, each filled with player soldiers, doctors buffing and treating the wounded. The battle entourage of dancers and entertainers providing entertainments for the soldiers. In the base of the valley the battle raged on continously. The blaster fire literally filled air, with stray shots coming up the hillside and hitting the ground next to me in a puff of smoke. And it was not just blaster fire, the jets of the flame throwers, the twirling Teras Kasi all where mixed in as well.

Overall having a big battle like that was not just good because of the scale it presented, but also that everyone and every proffesion was involved, from the most pure build fighter, to the dancers, medics and scouts. Presented the kind of dynamics that would never exist in a pure fighting game like Battlefield, or even the ye old WoW battles of Tarren Mill.

• Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269

Ummm  i had our mayor city-warn a GM who was in town (player had vehicle stuck issue) and i had a weapon malfunction killing him... Next patch city-warn was gone..  sigh yea yea it was me sorry ....

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

There are too many moments to choose from when you consider the time frame of 2003 to 2011.

Discovering the green Helper Droid for the first time.

My first Master Badge (Artisan).

My first POI:  The Mighty Sarlaac

My First Ace Pilot: Vortex Squadron

My first Colonel rank: No smuggler assistance

My First Old Man Visit.

My First successful Jedi Bounty

My 2004 Live Event Accolade Badge

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

Originally posted by Acebets70

Ummm  i had our mayor city-warn a GM who was in town (player had vehicle stuck issue) and i had a weapon malfunction killing him... Next patch city-warn was gone..  sigh yea yea it was me sorry ....

Funny.

People have been taking credit for that since 2005.

We had a guild on Intrepid that did that as well.

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• orsonstfuorsonstfu Member Posts: 203

Making my first maxed out pets pre-cu system with bio-engineering.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

I had a lot of favorite moments.  A lot of it was 'whoa' moments when we discovered something new that we never even knew was in the game like a cave or POI or something.

But the best stuff was probably the interaction with players.  I have never met so many generous and friendly people outside of SWG.... I can think of like 10 instances off the top of my head where I talked to someone totally new and we hit it off and did whatever it was that we were doing.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890

Getting my kaadu mount.

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323

So many great moments: getting a Tusken Raider outfit, seeing an entire guild show up for PvP decked out in Stormtrooper armor, buying a YT-1300.  The best was putting down a house for the first time in a city.  What a great feeling to have a personal base of operations that I could decorate with trophies and show off to people in a small community of like-minded players.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I have so many moments I could talk about that I almost feel like I lived there...

I'll just say this, because I think it says a lot about the early game and its community:

SWG was my first MMORPG.  I had been a hardcore FPS gamer for years.  I decided to try out this Star Wars game I saw at the store, and I just took the dive.  After creating my character, I ended up on Talus in the Imperial Outpost.  I had ZERO clue what I was doing, or what I was supposed to do.  I was blown away.  I must have looked like a lost newb, because a higher level player approached me with two Greater Sludge Panthers in tow behind him.  He asked me if I was new, welcomed me to the world, and then we chatted for a bit.  He ended up giving me a few credits so I could get a decent gun, and then he offered to take me out for my first leveling expedition.

I remember just being in awe from the whole thing up to that point.  I was so immersed in the world and what was happening that I lost all track of time.  This guy and his cats took me on a hunt and helped me gain some levels.  He then gave me on advice about where I should be questing, gave me some meds and food, and bid me fairwell.  All told he had taken two hours of his time to introduce me to the experience.  I was completely hooked from that moment forward. I went on to do this same thing for several new players, some of whom joined my guild and became long-time friends.

After I had played the game for a couple weeks, I soon learned that there were not only lots of people who hung out in various Star Ports looking for level one newbs to help, but that there was an entire community of mature and interesting people from all walks of life playing that game.  It wasn't just a game for levelers or PvP players.  Because there were so many paths you could take your character, the game attracted the kinds of people you would proably never see enjoying any of these current MMOs.  I know I haven't enjoyed them more than superficially.  I've had no experiences like the social ones I had in SWG.

I think this story is sort of iconic of my whole experience in the game.  Everything I did had the same flavor to it.  The game was alive.  It was a virtual world.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

I got to Tatooine.  I was wide-eyed and felt like I was in the Star Wars universe (for some reason I never really got that feeling from TOR) and big wookiee named Bowbacca offered to teach me his language.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• Diligent1975Diligent1975 Member Posts: 3

- Setting up my home through the years, from the smallest Tatooine house that I could barely fill with furniture and trophies, to eventually needing a guild hall and two small houses to store all my items. Used to sit on the steps and watch the sun go down.

- Doing Heroics with friends in the later years.

- Starting off as a trader in the Pre-Cu and learning the different systems. Eventually coming back after the NGE and laying down harvesters on different planets, getting the best resources for armor mods and plates (I forget the exact terminology), and selling full suits of RIS armour from my vendor.

- Hunting on Kashyyk for trophies and doing the quests for furniture.

- Semi-RPing the transition of my commando that I had played for years to a Jedi; finishing the required collections and gearing him up with his first lightsaber and modded clothing (created by my different traders.)

- Playing as Trandoshians, Wookies, Sullustans, and Ithorians.

- Finishing collections and badge hunting.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

My favorite moments were bounty hunting. There's nothing like making a force sensitive pee his pants when one minute he's enjoying a chat in the Eisley Cantina and the next he's facing fire from two bounty hunters. And the hate tells were icing on the cake. :)

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

I was a late commer to the game but I litteraly felt like I was glowing when I got my YT-1300. I called my housemate over to show him on the moniter. "what a piece of junk!" He exclaimed. "Are you kidding?" I retorted "She'll make point 5 past lightspeed!"

• stinneystinney Member Posts: 35

When I first got SWG it was because I wanted to be a Tie Interceptor Pilot. That was my ship of choice when playing xwing alliance.

The ground game was soooooo gooooood, that I never achieved that goal until after NGE hit.

My favourite moment was probably logging in when my character was at his large house on naboo, with a lake view, walking out front and calling my pet Gurrcat to share the view with me.

Other notable times:

-Mastering Fencer 

-Being guilded

-Decorating my house as an Imperial Training Facility

I had subscribed past the NGE and i gave it a good and honest go, but it was crap. So I then dedicated my time to mastering imperial pilot and getting my Red Guard Tie Interceptor.

Once I achieved that goal, I gave all my stuff to a newb guild. A guild of players who had not ever played pre-NGE, and logged off, never to return.

• AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275

For me was the pre CU Theed 4th of July dance party outside the main spaceport on Lowca.  Was tons of people there and loads of fun with all the dancing and music we managed to put together.

Next was being an dancer and talking will all the other dances and people who came in to be buffed.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Pulling Eclipses 1st and possibly only set of Exceptional Krayt tissues from the corpse of an ancient with about 15 seconds to go before downtime.

Any space PVP I was ever part of.

My most proud moment was working on the original RE table for JTL having catalogues so many parts for inclusion it was leasing to see the work we put into it become a must have for any and all pilots.

• LopidoLopido Member Posts: 17

Rebel group of twelve or so raided theed in the afternoon.   I killed every single one of them by myself.

• LopidoLopido Member Posts: 17

Rebel group of about twelve or so raided theed one afternooon on kettemoor.   I killed the entire group by myself

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

Quite a few memorable moments...

In beta, a Wookie named Bluesbacca teaching me how to use flourishes.

Making a new friend as we mutually get our @$$es kicked by lowbie mobs behind the Mos Eisley Cantina (good friends to this day... 8 years later).

Meeting a Jedi for the first time... as a kliknik was about to chomp down and deathblow me in the Blueleaf temple, I hear the first *snap-hiss* I've heard in SWG. Suddenly there's a pile of klikniks and I'm being healed. After I thank him, he runs off with the ever awesome "May the Force be with you"

My guild stealing a rival guilds entire city. 'Politition' was in the game for a reason.  The ULTIMATE PvP.

My guild manipulating the price of starships ans starship components on our server.

Best game ever...