Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wife wants a new laptop!

forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232

All she really does is play The Sims 3 and some lite browsing. Do you all think this laptop will work for her, and at what setting could it play the sims 3.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246304 

Thank you

Comments

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

A new lap... what? Sh...she wants what?!?!?! What in the hell is she doing out of the kitchen in the first place? Laptop my ass...

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Probly be alright, just dont get an HP, they are phasing thier laptops out.

• logicwarlogicwar Member UncommonPosts: 69

Originally posted by Zarynterk

A new lap... what? Sh...she wants what?!?!?! What in the hell is she doing out of the kitchen in the first place? Laptop my ass...

this. plus she needs to get a damn job and buy you a real pc.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by Zarynterk

Actually its pretty sad if a guy or anyone for that matter can't cook for themselves and expects a woman to do it! 

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

That will work.  The hard drive will be slow, but that's kind of what you get in that budget range.  It says it comes with 4 GB of memory, but doesn't specify whether it's two 2 GB modules or one 4 GB module.  If the latter, you'd have to add another 4 GB module to make it perform properly.

I don't know how high of settings it would run Sims 3 at, but the official system requirements say that even Intel GMA 3 series graphics should work, and Radeon HD 6620G is easily an order of magnitude faster than that.

I would ask if she really needs a laptop.  If she's going to take it out of the house and travel with it, then have at it.  But if she's going to use a desktop, then you'd be better off getting a desktop.