Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SV releases 2011 Financials (and Q4).. continued player loss CONFIRMED. Continued loss of money CON

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Despite statements by GM Thera to the contrary... the official Financial Report was released and it once again showed the company lost both money AND customers...

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aktietorget.se%2FNewsItem.aspx%3FID_News%3D60872 

Full year 2011

*  Net sales amounted to 2,789,788 SEK (5,855,892)

*  Profit after financial items was SEK -3,451,313 SEK (-753,755).

* Earnings per share amounted to -0.149 SEK (-0.028).

* The equity ratio as at 31 December 2011 to 81.2%.

Fourth quarter 2011

*  Net sales amounted to 564 094 SEK (1,077,883) (That is about $83,500)

* Profit after financial items amounted to SEK -840 117 SEK (-1,497,779). (That is about NEGATIVE $125,000)

* Earnings per share amounted to -0.078 SEK (-0.056).

Look at Q4 net sales and profit.. compare the numbers...

Other interesting comments:

The number of monthly payments during the fourth quarter of 2011 decreased compared to the third quarter of 2011 

The sale of licenses in the fourth quarter of 2011 decreased slightly compared to the third quarter of 2011.

OUCH...

I'll read the actual report tomorrow and see if any other nuggests of wisdom can be found. 

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

If I am reading that right, it looks like 43% of their annual loss has all come in the 4th quarter.  I guess it is safe to say they are losing more money each quarter in spite of what the fanbois and SV employees are telling us on the forums.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

There was also a reduction in staff, who are being replaced with what I imagine will be contracted work.

One change we have implemented to reduce the above cost base is above all that we have reduced the number of employees and instead will make use of consultants as necessary.

• darthturtle1darthturtle1 Member Posts: 208

How can they afford consultants??  Also this is after Danw and TC.  Didn't people like Theia, Rohn and username say that the population was booming yet again??

Maybe Thiea can come in and explain himself and give some real facts.  The fianacials keep saying they are down or the same but they keep saying it is booming.  What gives?

• GeroltGerolt Member Posts: 98

Originally posted by darthturtle1

How can they afford consultants??  Also this is after Danw and TC.  Didn't people like Theia, Rohn and username say that the population was booming yet again??

Maybe Thiea can come in and explain himself and give some real facts.  The fianacials keep saying they are down or the same but they keep saying it is booming.  What gives?

Ahhh well grey areas, language barrier, and also they were all making inofficial statements.. ;D

Also, inb4 some die-hard slogans about how they're actually getting more subs while losing subs combined with anecdotal evidence and a damn lot of boring propaganda, partly posted by a few old and about 20-30 new forum accounts.

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

Nah, Theia has already been exposed a lot,  and has taken a lot of heat in several threads. He might have taken a ban, cause he hasn't shown his face around the last couple of days.

I doubt he will take any risks here.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

What they mean is 'Contract Employees', which aren't really employees. They are contractors, and they are cheaper than actual employees. There's considerably less overhead involved in having contract people versus actual employees. At least in the U.S. It's probably the same wherever StarVault operates.

** edit **
    They get rid of the employees, and hire contractors. Possibly the employees have a choice to become a contractor. The company instantly saves money. Until the ex-employees, now contractors stop working because now they've really been borked.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

Originally posted by Gerolt

Also, inb4 some die-hard slogans about how they're actually getting more subs while losing subs combined with anecdotal evidence and a damn lot of boring propaganda, partly posted by a few old and about 20-30 new forum accounts.

There are quite a few new players.  It's how long the new players last that is the problem.

Still the game is plagued with bugs...  server performance has been particularly bad lately with entire nodes lagging out during fights.

It's too bad, because the game is less than a year away from a decent release state.  I hope they find a way to make it.

Originally posted by psykobilly

There are quite a few new players.  It's how long the new players last that is the problem.

Still the game is plagued with bugs...  server performance has been particularly bad lately with entire nodes lagging out during fights.

It's too bad, because the game is less than a year away from a decent release state.  I hope they find a way to make it.

That is if the new patch works.  But you know as well as I do that it will come out very buggy, some features disabled, some features not even making it in the patch.  New bugs, old bugs, and a dupe or 3.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

That is if the new patch works.  But you know as well as I do that it will come out very buggy, some features disabled, some features not even making it in the patch.  New bugs, old bugs, and a dupe or 3.

This would all be fine if the game hadn't already been released and had been charging retail prices for an unfinished product. If the game were in beta, or was charging discounted prices for the unfinished state of the game it would still be fine.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Tons of companies all over the world have had lower profits this year the world economy is messed up, people have less money to throw away.. I would have thought most MMORPGs have lost players because of this.. and its a lot harder for SV to gain more players because of all the isues they have had..

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by Caldrin

Tons of companies all over the world have had lower profits this year the world economy is messed up, people have less money to throw away.. I would have thought most MMORPGs have lost players because of this.. and its a lot harder for SV to gain more players because of all the isues they have had..

Yes, lets blame worlds economy for SV losing money. The quality of the game is surely not the reason!

Originally posted by Toferio

Originally posted by Caldrin

Yes, lets blame worlds economy for SV losing money. The quality of the game is surely not the reason!

Why not?? So far it has been epics fault, small team, bad coders that needed to be fired, a volcano, no money, WoW, etc, etc. 

Who can believe maybe it is a bad game put out by an inexperienced team way over their head, with no money to do it?

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

Why not?? So far it has been epics fault, small team, bad coders that needed to be fired, a volcano, no money, WoW, etc, etc. 

Who can believe maybe it is a bad game put out by an inexperienced team way over their head, with no money to do it?

The game is still more fun for me than any triple-a themepark out there.  Yes it's horribly broken and I am one of the harshest critics - but it's the lesser of two evils for me.  

The dev teams with lots of members and big budgets are doing a good job making money, but a really shitty job making a game I would want to play long term.  

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

The game is still more fun for me than any triple-a themepark out there.  Yes it's horribly broken and I am one of the harshest critics - but it's the lesser of two evils for me.  

The dev teams with lots of members and big budgets are doing a good job making money, but a really shitty job making a game I would want to play long term.  

Some large dev teams with big budgets make money.  Some do not.   The bigger the budget, the more copies you have to sell and/or subs to keep.  MO may have had a small budget, but what the financial report shows is that even after major layoffs there are less people paying and playing the game than are needed to offset the small cost of operating it.

That is what we call a fact.  No one can doubt your opinion that you like the game, but it is in the miniscule minority of those who have tried the game. 

It will be quite interesting to see how the public responds to Stavault's forthcoming stock sale.  Will the existing shareholders buy the shares to prevent their stakes from being further dilluted?  Will someone swoop in and buy it up based on it's criticaly depressed offering price?   Afterall, it is one thing to authorize a stock sale, but another to actually have people buy it. We will see.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

At least that's an honest answer. My personal point is that this is a game that is being made by a niche developer because it's simply NOT a niche that can make money reliably. Hence, funding came from Henrik's dad, rather than real investors looking at a business plan. The long term of this game is going to be terrible, and so will any other game like it because it trends towards making one set of folks unhappy to make another happy.

When a developer comes up with a solid business plan and a game model that supports a long term lifespan, then it might be worthwhile. Guild Wars 2 looks promising to me, but not in the same vein as UO or MO.

In either case, MO is run by people who have no development experience at all -- nevermind game development experience. Once they started stealing from people I had to write it off entirely. You want to play the game because you find it fun, but knowing how they've stolen from people, lied to people, and their general ineptitude, I can't imagine rewarding that behavior. I still have some idea of morals, even if Henrik doesn't.

I am still waiting for those people that said the last financials were before "TC" and do not show the boom in population.  Now we have the financials after TC and it shows there was no boom.  Care to cmment?

• davidemo89davidemo89 Member UncommonPosts: 59

I don't get it.

Why should I care if SV is losing money? I get updates, I play the game and I have fun for 3 years now.

So, why should I care?

• RussiannRussiann Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by davidemo89

I don't get it.

Why should I care if SV is losing money? I get updates, I play the game and I have fun for 3 years now.

So, why should I care?

Its not for you, its for the new players to see how the game is doing, and how its gonna die soon. :)

• davidemo89davidemo89 Member UncommonPosts: 59

Ehm... In this forum they told to new players that MO was going to die soon 10 months ago...

Ehm... In this forum they told to new players that MO was going to die soon 10 months ago...

actually this thread is for the people who kept saying the pop is booming because the financials keep saying that it isn't

• EverSkellyEverSkelly Member UncommonPosts: 341

I don't understand these happy threads. So they are losing money. OK. Every existing game is probably losing subs, except for maybe 1 or 2.

So fucking what?

You look like this:

"OMG OMG they're losing money, they're losing subs, YES YES YES !!1!!!!!!"

All these "i told you they will not succeed" threads makes me puke.  All this malevolance makes you look so lame.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Originally posted by EverSkelly

I don't understand these happy threads. So they are losing money. OK. Every existing game is probably losing subs, except for maybe 1 or 2.

So fucking what?

You look like this:

All these "i told you they will not succeed" threads makes me puke.  All this malevolance makes you look so lame.

these same people originally said the game would be dead after the first month over a year ago, then they said it would be dead by last christmas so im interested to know their new prediciton.

Most people tend to ignore them here thats why only a handful (about 5) of MO's actual population bother to come to these forums to talk about the game.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by deathshroud

So fucking what?

You look like this:

these same people originally said the game would be dead after the first month over a year ago, then they said it would be dead by last christmas so im interested to know their new prediciton.

Most people tend to ignore them here thats why only a handful (about 5) of MO's actual population bother to come to these forums to talk about the game.

What is your definition of dead or dying?  Mine is any business that has a low customer base, losing customers, money, employees, and has to cut off pieces of it self to survive.

And a lot of the fans that have come here to fight for the game have hyped and lied and have been proven wrong by the companies onw financials (Now a GM has been proven wrong) .  I think that is why Slapshot provides them for people to read.   I have seen a lot of the fans espacially after Opal said come here to post just come to troll and not provide any real facts other than trolling. 

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

So fucking what?

You look like this:

For some of us, the investment of time into a game is a large concern.  I dont want to pay $40 and then $15 a month for a bug ridden mess of a game only to have it go belly up after I invested a year or two into it.  Do other games have rough starts and bugs and other problems?  Yes, Eve is a great example.  But it was never in the sad business shape that MO is.  

While you dont care if you invest time and money into a game that is bleeding money and players, some of us do.  While a post on a companies financial health makes you puke, it makes some of us leery of getting involved with it.  It also proves a lot of what SV representatives are saying is false and that the population is NOT growing.  To many of us, those are facts we take into consideration before giving a company our money.  I would suggest Hello Kitty online for you though, the forums are heavily moderated and all you will see is rainbows and butterflys so someone of your weak constitution wont get sick and puke anymore. 

Take Care!

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• RussiannRussiann Member Posts: 24

Ya, we have been right since then, we got proof to show how its dieing, you you got no proof to show anything. get my point