Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Might come back, few questions

allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Few questions for those playing.

1. How is population for pvE dungeon running ? One thing i never really saw in AOC was the dungeons, love to go back and see them all.

2. I bought godslayer, didn't play much so i have that, what does that mean for me with regard to F2P etc ? Do i get any benefit or should i just create a new account and go f2p to start ?

3. Interested in PVE only, what server is recommended for good population ?

Thanks guys !

Comments

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

Originally posted by allegria

1. How is population for pvE dungeon running ? One thing i never really saw in AOC was the dungeons, love to go back and see them all.

2. I bought godslayer, didn't play much so i have that, what does that mean for me with regard to F2P etc ? Do i get any benefit or should i just create a new account and go f2p to start ?

Thanks guys !

Good news and bad news...

Good: You should qualify for a free month with sub features,just check your email it should be in there.

Bad: you get all the content up 2 godslayer but theres another content update you would have 2 buy and as a non sub you dont get access to your AA advancements and are limited in a few factors like invetory etc...

Wiccana has always been the most populated server and its PvE.

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Originally posted by youngkg

Thanks guys !

Good: You should qualify for a free month with sub features,just check your email it should be in there.

Bad: you get all the content up 2 godslayer but theres another content update you would have 2 buy and as a non sub you dont get access to your AA advancements and are limited in a few factors like invetory etc...

Bad news... That there are parts of the game you have to pay for..?? Come on, do you think AoC is some communism government sponsered social experiment?? NO... It's a project of a stockexchange registed company that basically need to show revenue for mony spent on further development. If you vote for all content free and nothing we have to pay for that is basically the end of our game... So I can't see why you fancy that.

Someone have to buy something or else it's the end of the game. Plain and simple.

The Ultimate Breakdown

Originally posted by DaSpack

Thanks guys !

Bad news... That there are parts of the game you have to pay for..?? Come on, do you think AoC is some communism government sponsered social experiment?? NO... It's a project of a stockexchange registed company that basically need to show revenue for mony spent on further development. If you vote for all content free and nothing we have to pay for that is basically the end of our game... So I can't see why you fancy that.

Someone have to buy something or else it's the end of the game. Plain and simple.

Its bad news relative to him....he would need 2 fork up more cash 2 enjoy the latest content patch and regular features....

Lame spin attempt though...."Support AOC so they can further develop TSW".....lol.

Thanks guys !

Its bad news relative to him....he would need 2 fork up more cash 2 enjoy the latest content patch and regular features....

Lame spin attempt though...."Support AOC so they can further develop TSW".....lol.

In the real corporate world, further development is simple. It starts with the question, "Is this project cash positive and profitable?" . Yes = Ok, lets keep doing it. No= Lets shut it down or drastically change something. So regardless what you and your pennyless friend might think, somebody have to pay something. Or else the entire AoC gaming community have to imigrate to some other game. Plain and simple ;)

The Ultimate Breakdown

Thanks guys !

In the real corporate world, further development is simple. It starts with the question, "Is this project cash positive and profitable?" . Yes = Ok, lets keep doing it. No= Lets shut it down or drastically change something. So regardless what you and your pennyless friend might think, somebody have to pay something. Or else the entire AoC gaming community have to imigrate to some other game. Plain and simple ;)

Wow....calling him pennyless for asking if he has to make any further purchases to play AOC.....

In the real consumer world you have to ask yourself if a product is worth investing in....and AOC just isnt.

Thanks guys !

Wow....calling him pennyless for asking if he has to make any further purchases to play AOC.....

In the real consumer world you have to ask yourself if a product is worth investing in....and AOC just isnt.

For you it isn't, but for me and our guild it is. Which basically brings us back to my point. We happily continue to pay pennies here and there as that ensure further development of this jewel. If the cost of this is only that noncontributors like yourself take off in anger, I would think that the system works the way it's intended to work.

Obviously you can't mean that everyone should have everything for free and never pay for a single thing. Who would pay for the bandwidth and servers of Funcom then... Should they just do that for fun and out of solidarity? lol. 

The Ultimate Breakdown

Thanks guys !

For you it isn't, but for me and our guild it is. Which basically brings us back to my point. We happily continue to pay pennies here and there as that ensure further development of this jewel. If the cost of this is only that noncontributors like yourself take off in anger, I would think that the system works the way it's intended to work.

Obviously you can't mean that everyone should have everything for free and never pay for a single thing. Who would pay for the bandwidth and servers of Funcom then... Should they just do that for fun and out of solidarity? lol. 

Well unfortunetly i bought the game at launch,then purchased godslayer shortly after it released and stayed subd to AOC for about a total of 3 months....never touched it since it went f2p as i dont play f2p games...maybe look you should look up a persons forum post history before making uneducated guesses.

What is it exactly your supporting lol...Bandwidth?...we all know there hasnt been an update to AOC is quite some time...But in all actuality i very much apreciate what your doing...I myself would love to give TSW a try when its released and your efforts are making that possible....Thx.image

Thanks guys !

Well unfortunetly i bought the game at launch,then purchased godslayer shortly after it released and stayed subd to AOC for about a total of 3 months....never touched it since it went f2p as i dont play f2p games...maybe look you should look up a persons forum post history before making uneducated guesses.

What is it exactly your supporting lol...Bandwidth?...we all know there hasnt been an update to AOC is quite some time...But in all actuality i very much apreciate what your doing...I myself would love to give TSW a try when its released and your efforts are making that possible....Thx.image

Ok now I know you are trolling. House of Crom update?

Man, it's the two biggest dungeons/areas in the entire game and it has just been patched in.

The Ultimate Breakdown

Thanks guys !

Ok now I know you are trolling. House of Crom update?

Man, it's the two biggest dungeons/areas in the entire game and it has just been patched in.

Hahaha...how long ago was that announced?

Just goes 2 show how small the AOC team is now with TSW in full stride,but i guess i overlooked it...i assumed it was already in or canned.

But whatever i liked AOC once upon a time and i hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Just goes 2 show how small the AOC team is now with TSW in full stride,but i guess i overlooked it...i assumed it was already in or canned.

But whatever i liked AOC once upon a time and i hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Again.. If you informed your self a bit you would not be here making a fool of yourself. But since I am such a nice guy I'll give you the short version and then you can read up if you really are that keen on AoC.

House Of Crom was 75% finished already autumn 2008. But the ambition level of that dungeon was just so insane that it choked all hardware. The team hoped that tech would catch up with dreamworld and actually be able to run it with the wanted stability, but tech development pace of Hardware have been slower that wished fore, so eventually the AoC team cut the dungeon in two sections and developed it out to what was patched in couple of weeks back. These dungeons are each by themselves the largest and most complex dungeons that you can find in AoC. So you original statement that nothing is added to the game could not be more out of place or wrong. House of Crom is humongous and was just added. Play the game and I guess pay the game if you want to see. That's pretty much all that is to it..

The Ultimate Breakdown

Again.. If you informed your self a bit you would not be here making a fool of yourself. But since I am such a nice guy I'll give you the short version and then you can read up if you really are that keen on AoC.

House Of Crom was 75% finished already autumn 2008. But the ambition level of that dungeon was just so insane that it choked all hardware. The team hoped that tech would catch up with dreamworld and actually be able to run it with the wanted stability, but tech development pace of Hardware have been slower that wished fore, so eventually the AoC team cut the dungeon in two sections and developed it out to what was patched in couple of weeks back. These dungeons are each by themselves the largest and most complex dungeons that you can find in AoC. So you original statement that nothing is added to the game could not be more out of place or wrong. House of Crom is humongous and was just added. Play the game and I guess pay the game if you want to see. That's pretty much all that is to it..

i stoped at the highlighted....AOC is in the past and dont see myself ever making a return...wish you the best with it though.