Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hello MMORPG.COM!

Thanks for opening this forum! Looking forward to lots of community involvement!

RyanD
CEO Goblinworks

Comments

• Storman1977Storman1977 Member Posts: 207

Well, you have my attention with this project.  With DDO seeming to be in its twilight, a good online representation of 3.5 d20 will be needed.  One word of advice, try your damnedest to have real time combat.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Awesomeness. Good to see you here, Ryan! image

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Looking forward to learning a lot more about this game :) very cool that you dropped by here mate!

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770

For anyone interested in Next Gen Sandbox MMORPG's you should read Ryans posts. 

http://paizo.com/people/RyanDancey/posts

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

• SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425

I really like where this is going! The fact that all the focus is on the system is something I really like. I hope you succeed!

• BloodyVikingBloodyViking Member UncommonPosts: 132

This looks very promising! I love the Pathfinder RPG (p&p) and if you are able to transfer this concept into a sandbox style game I would really love that. I think there is a big vacum in the MMO market for good sandbox games. The best existing ones are mostly showing their age.

• MarkusanMarkusan Member Posts: 92

This game sounds very promising. The timeframe for character development sounds great! I really hope that there will always be possibilities for character advancement, since lack of it is usually what kills games for me. Pure item grind is not that fun, which is the main theme of 95% of all MMOs released.

• BloodyVikingBloodyViking Member UncommonPosts: 132

Just finished reading the blog on Goblinworks and that was a treasure trove of information on the game. I love how you are so upfront about your thinking an plans.

I must say I am sort of sceptical about how the leveling will be done, and I'm not quite sure I'm comfortable with the EVE style offline skill-development. This creates a kind of real-time-vs-skill-score difference that late comers to the game can never catch up to. But as long as the skills in question dont really have much impact on playerconflicts there isnt really an issue. Just a minor concern of mine I guess.

I also see that you intend for capstone (lvl 20) classes to be able to "splash" into other classes. Meaning you can learn a new class 1-20 after you finish your first? I find this one interesting but I also see enormous potential of Godmode characters like Cleric20/Monk20/Sorcerer20. But with a 2,5 year prospect of completing a level 20 character I guess thats not too much of a concern yet :-) Oh, and yes, I actually love that you slow down the leveling curve like that. Too many games have crashed and burned because of the focus on fast grinding without substance to the "endgame". It is the journey that is fun.

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

Gonna follow this one, seems interesting, so tired of pure themeparks :)

• BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770

Originally posted by etlar

Gonna follow this one, seems interesting, so tired of pure themeparks :)

Yes i think Pathfinder Online is coming into the fold at the best time, a lot of gamers are tired of the Themepark gear grinds and would benefit greatly to a well made next-gen sandbox such as what Ryan wants to create.

Really looking forward to seeing what Goblinworks can come up with, so far i'm sold on Ryan's vision let's just see what he can do with it...

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes