Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

did you guys read teala's gaming blog about swtor? its misinformed and such about swtor.

Comments

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

dont bash Teala.. she has a lot of good points on her blog entries about swtor flaws.

Most of the stuff written there honestly portrait SWTOR and if you think otherwise, you either blind or didnt play swtor.

Of course the game has many good points too.. but once you buy it and start playing it.. the flaws become obvious and slowly grow to a point you just get fed up with so much crap.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

I have stopped taking her serious a long time ago. So no I don't read her blog but I'm not surprised if it's misinformed

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Which part did she not get right?

She is the most enlightened poster in this entire site.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Originally posted by Byrhofen

I actually find it funny, and kind of sad, that Teala actually has nothing better to do than write blog after blog, hating on a game that they claimed months ago they would never write about again.

Check this blog entry out: http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Teala/112011/22265_Star-WarsTOR-My-Impressions-

Teala wrote: This will be the 2nd and last entry I ever make on this game.

So why all the blogs about SW:TOR since then?

As I said, sad really.

Because people change their minds... 

also:

So I am going to break my own rule I made on this game.  I said I was only ever going to write two entries on this game...well it seems that will not be the case.   The game is too important for "me" as a gamer.  

..Cake..

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Originally posted by sgel

I actually find it funny, and kind of sad, that Teala actually has nothing better to do than write blog after blog, hating on a game that they claimed months ago they would never write about again.

Check this blog entry out: http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Teala/112011/22265_Star-WarsTOR-My-Impressions-

As I said, sad really.

also:

So I am going to break my own rule I made on this game.  I said I was only ever going to write two entries on this game...well it seems that will not be the case.   The game is too important for "me" as a gamer.  

It seems to happen A LOT more with some than others. Changing your mind is fine but there's a line, when it happens too frequently and with too many games, a pattern starts forming and being taken serious is going to be a problem. I'm glad she has followers such as yourself and Yamota though.. rock on!

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Originally posted by Starpower

Originally posted by sgel

As I said, sad really.

also:

It seems to happen A LOT more with some than others. Changing your mind is fine but there's a line, when it happens too frequently and with too many games, a pattern starts forming and being taken serious is going to be a problem. I'm glad she has followers such as yourself and Yamota though.. rock on!

Erm I'm not a follower.. I just read her blog after this topic was posted..

Also it seems to me that she comes out and admits she's been wrong... not many people do that.

..Cake..

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by Starwars001

After reading teal's gaming blog about swtor its apprantely she never bought swtor. 

Guild banks is coming, rift had no guild banks at launch ether. Swtor launched with 1 raid eternity vault, and it has a 2nd raid operations at patch 1.1 , there are daily you can do for gears, mounts, mods,  swtor launched with 16 flashpoints, with hard modes, and it recently added a new flashpoints with patch 1.1, pvp with pvp gears, high quality warfronts.

i got to laugh at the misinformed, if your going to bash swtor make sure you get it right.

Also you want to talk about exploit there has been only 4 incidents and it was fixed the next day.

There is still a valour exploit that exists today (or so I have been told by someone I trust), and no it is not the one that there has been all the uproar about recently. Just saying. Oh and some of those 'incidents' where absolutely not fixed the next day...if memory serves only the dupe bug was. They where fixed quickly but not next day...now if only they could deal with ability delay as promptly:)

You should link the blog too googling 'teals gaming blog' does not find it. Did she say guild banks are not coming or something? without reading her blog hard to comment. If she said "there are no guild banks"  well that would be correct as of now, not that that is such a big deal (to me).

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

After reading teal's gaming blog about swtor its apprantely she never bought swtor. 

Seems kinda obvious really after those beta impressions who would buy it?

Having now read her blog your comments make no sense to me...she did not really say anything about guild banks flaspoints or anything else you mention. I'm kinda confused what you are talking about so guess I'll bow out.

• KruulKruul Member UncommonPosts: 482

There are alot of people on this site putting out misinformed information about SWTOR. 99% of them never made it to end game. Don't buy in to their rubbish. The game has alot more positives than negatives and FFS it's only 1 month after release.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

Originally posted by stayontarget

Originally posted by Alders

Actually, she was correct.

-The 1 raid and 16 flashpoints were buggy as hell. Mechanics wise, they're all subpar.

-Daily's? That stupid concept needs to go. C'mon now.

-PVP is a joke. Open world is kill trading. No option to select which WZ. Let's not even get into class balance.

Are you sure you've actually bought the game?

I agree,  I think here blog brought up some valid points.  I know its painful for sw fans but sometimes one must look in the mirror and face the truth.

Agree :)

• cakelizardcakelizard Member UncommonPosts: 63

Originally posted by Jimmac

Yeah you get her. You get her.

Who gives a shit what Rift had at launch. How do you know there were only 4 incidents of the exploiting? You go get her. Get that girl.

willie trombone!!

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Thanks for drawing attention to that blog, I looked at it and learned a lot.  It was really interesting...  I wish the sites staff could take a page and do some real analysis on this game instead of marketing it so much.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by Kruul

There are alot of people on this site putting out misinformed information about SWTOR. 99% of them never made it to end game. Don't buy in to their rubbish. The game has alot more positives than negatives and FFS it's only 1 month after release.

Well, in all honesty, if I had to describe the released state of SW:TOR, I'd call it a GW1 clone (aka a CORPG) set in the Star Wars universe, with more voice overs and with less PvP.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

Guild banks is coming, rift had no guild banks at launch ether. Swtor launched with 1 raid eternity vault, and it has a 2nd raid operations at patch 1.1 , there are daily you can do for gears, mounts, mods,  swtor launched with 16 flashpoints, with hard modes, and it recently added a new flashpoints with patch 1.1, pvp with pvp gears, high quality warfronts.

i got to laugh at the misinformed, if your going to bash swtor make sure you get it right.

Also you want to talk about exploit there has been only 4 incidents and it was fixed the next day.

I wouldn't let it irk you.  He/She is a huge WoW fangirl/boy that constantly trolls the forums.

If Pokket gave criticism to the game, I would probably take notice.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by slickbizzle

I wouldn't let it irk you.  He/She is a huge WoW fangirl/boy that constantly trolls the forums.

So criticism from a WoW fangirl/boy is not ok but it is from a SW:TOR fangirl/boy? Like the latter is ever going to happen.

Btw, not agreeing that Teala is a fangirl of anything. She posts the most thought out and constructive criticism I have ever read about MMORPGs. She does what these so called MMORPG professional journalist should do, which is to critically review a game rather than give it high scores so they can get a front seat when Mass Effect 3 is released.

• Originally posted by DannyGlover

Its just a blog. I wouldnt let it bother you.

Indeed. Blogs allow the writer to be as dumb and ill informed as they want to be. That is what they are there for. They are essentially live journals for the new age.

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350

Originally posted by Souldrainer

Originally posted by Brodter

Originally posted by Fratman

Only 2 raids and 16 dungeons? WoW has way more than that. WoW also has guild banks and arena pvp. TOR has neither.

This game sounds pretty weak. Glad I didn't waste my money it.

WoW has 6 or 7 years under its belt.  When WoW launched there were three raids with no guild banks.  Or dungeon finder. Or PVP queueing.  Or many of the countless other features you all seem to expect from every new MMO. 

Wrong.  I agree with your sentiment, but let's be accurate.  There was ONE raid, no PVP gear, no PVP ranks or battlegrounds.  People thought that battlegrounds were going to be vaporware.  When they finally launched, there was moaning about the dishonor system where you could earn negative PVP points.  Then you had to make a massive trek with no flying mount to the battleground entrance, of which there were three, and queue for an hour for that ONE battleground.  If you wanted actual PVP gear, you had to be in the top 10% of honor earners for your server that week, or you got absolutely nothing and all your points reset.  They comped users for about 5 days of time during which the game was unplayable.

People can say what they want about SWTOR, but it has been playable every day from Dec 13th until now, so right there it beats WOW.

Wrong. Wow had No raids at lvl 60 when it came out, just a few instances that at first needed more than 5 people. the very first raid, Molten Core came out later.

• Originally posted by lzanon

Wrong. Wow had No raids at lvl 60 when it came out, just a few instances that at first needed more than 5 people. the very first raid, Molten Core came out later.

Upper Blackrock Spire when the game first came out was tweaked for 10 people to run through it together. (Blizzard original idea for a raid). Then as people were sending in 20-40 people to just clear it less than 10 minutes (longest amount of time attributed to the Rend event). That is when they began to develop Molten core which was originally designed as tier2 content in difficulty because Blizzard didn't know what it was doing. When MC finally..... released after months of people having then what was deemed their Tier0 dungeon set the grind into MC was literally impossible for 99% of the community and it was all about the very top end guilds actually having raiding content while yet again everyone else sat out in the cold. The first 6 months of WoW were indeed a clusterf*** when it comes to end game content with very little design towards the end game even at release (It was a rush job). Now that is something people tend to indeed glaze over when they think of WoW as the pillar of all mighty amazing do no bad game as it is many MMorpg players first game and most didn't start at the very beggining or even within the first year and dare say they were not even a goliath till BC.

Izanon people pick and choose what they want to remember. It is that nostalgia factor that makes them forget all of the bad. I am sure in 5-6 years people will forget everything about SWTOR launch besides it went incredibly smooth without crashing at all.

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Originally posted by Yamota

So criticism from a WoW fangirl/boy is not ok but it is from a SW:TOR fangirl/boy? Like the latter is ever going to happen.

Btw, not agreeing that Teala is a fangirl of anything. She posts the most thought out and constructive criticism I have ever read about MMORPGs. She does what these so called MMORPG professional journalist should do, which is to critically review a game rather than give it high scores so they can get a front seat when Mass Effect 3 is released.

There are a lot of equally thoughtful reviews out there that pose different viewpoints, it's more the case that (some) people can only stomach the reviews that echo their own opinions and viewpoints, and are completely intolerant towards reviews and impressions from people that echo an opinion that isn't their own. Intellectual and emotional intolerance, often nothing more to it than that.

People who're fan of a game will praise all reviews that are positive of that game, people who hate or passionately dislike a game will praise all reviews and reviewers that are negative of that game. My bet is that, seeing other posts and comments from you, you thoroughly dislike all reviews that are positive towards TOR and will think all reviewers not being negative of the game to be either bought or fanbois. Now, am I right or am I right? :-)
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by slickbizzle

Actually, Teala plays a wide range of MMOs and has a very solid knowledge of the mechanics of many of them. She's more critical than your average journalist and far more objective than most bloggers - I find that a good thing. I've followed a lot of stuff she's written about Vanguard, EVE Online and other games (she is also an FPS gamer) and  I think the last thing i would define her as is a "wow fangirl"

Read her other blogs entries. I think she's got some great stuff there.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

Originally posted by Yamota

Yes, I would recieve the criticism better coming from someone that has played the game thoroughly, than from someone that stated they thought it was crap before they even tried it.

I'm fickle like that.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I like teala

He/She have some very good sense of criticism

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I wonder how many extra hits her blog has gotten since this post was made. :-)

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• StopflowStopflow Member Posts: 9

Nope I didn't, but i did read this, I think I'll have to block you from now on OP e-stalking like this is bad, mkay?

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

There are 3 types of people in this post:  those that liked TOR, those that didn't and those that are playing it for the story or until the next game comes out.

That's it.  Constructively Teala made some good points.  Conversely, you bashing someone for their opinion makes you seem like an asshat.

And why is it that people bring stuff up it's always " oh they must not have played... i didn't experience it first hand so the issue doesn't exist".  I wanted TOR tobe my WoW-savior.  Its not.  So I spent 150 plus 60 extra days of gamerime and can't bring myself to play it.  Thats me.  I didn't come on here shouting to the high heavens.  I made my points in existing threads.

If you like the game, get out and go play it.

If you didn't like the game, go find another.

This game has consumed entirely too much time with repetative arguements that makes no one feel better.

Heres a cookie for reading this, now go do something constructive.

This discussion has been closed.