Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FAQ

doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

Last Updated: 1/3/2014

ArcheAge Trailer

Official Site(XLGames)

Official Site(Trion)

Intro to ArcheAge

Races

Videos
Q&A from CBT2
CBT2 Preview/Reviews
CBT3 Preview/Reviews
CBT4 Preview/Reviews

Articles & Interviews

Found a link that should be up here? Found an incorrect or link? Please send me a PM and I'll add it in or fix it.

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
~Lord George Gordon Byron

Comments

• rudbarrudbar Member Posts: 67

Thx for the links man, have to say ArcheAge is looking really, really  promising. The only game I'm more hyped about is Mass Effect 3.

Played: SWG-FFXI-EQ2-Aion

Anticipated in order of Hype:
    ArcheAge
    GW2
    TERA
    SWTOR

Not enough info, but looks promising:
    Blade & Soul

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

I'll sticky this for now. It can be a hub for info, so feel free to keep this thread updated with info.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226

So MMORPG is giving away free advertisment impressions now?

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Nice thread thank you for the info.
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Has anyone heard if this game will have a siege system, anything like Darkfall?  Also will US players be able to play at launch on the Korean server and transfer to NA when it comes out?

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226

1. Yes, AA has seiges. It's a main part of the game.

2. Probably not. Has any other Korean game offered that feature before?

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

Yea, right now just waiting to see who will publish it for NA/EU.

Originally posted by MarkJW

Not sure about Korean, but I know some Euro games that have done that.  Where can I find info on the siege mechanics?  I'm wondering if clans actually own the cities, meaning you can actually lose it, the name and everything or what?

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us

Originally posted by afhn2110

Originally posted by MarkJW

Not sure about Korean, but I know some Euro games that have done that.  Where can I find info on the siege mechanics?  I'm wondering if clans actually own the cities, meaning you can actually lose it, the name and everything or what?

They haven't revealed a lot info regarding sieges and raid dungeons yet. But I did find some info that'll help give you an idea what to expect. These were pulled from some Q&A articles.

We do not know much about the PvP system. We just know a little about the PK system and castle sieges. Please tell us more about castle ownership and if there will be any bonuses related to this? What kind of penalties should we expect from death in PvP?

Players can take over a territory and build his/her own castle. Even players who are not a member of the landlord's guild or similar group can build houses and live in the territory. A little bit of tax will have to paid in this case, and this will be the income of the landlord. Other guilds or groups can take over the landlord's territory through sieges. If taken over, the players who have been living in the territory will, depending on the landlord's decision, continue to live there as is or have to pay higher taxes. There is no penalty for PvP between different guilds or groups (there may be certain rewards in some cases). But there will be strict penalties for PvP between groups within the same faction (e.g. going to jail for a certain time, being expelled from the faction and becoming a pirate faction if continuously repeated). A pirate faction can be an enemy force of all factions.

What about clan politics? Is it possible to influence the world any other way besides sieges?

We call clans expeditionary forces. They can conquer territories and engage in war. Whether an expeditionary force is an enemy or ally depends on how the relationship is built between them.

In the beginning, players will belong to the NPC's faction, but later on players can build their own expeditionary force and create a new faction.

We do not know anything about the dungeons. Could you please tell us about PvE system and about the dungeons in particular.

We are developing dungeons, but we are trying to make them slightly different than that of other games. Of course, PvE specialized contents such as raid will be possible in these dungeons.

Will the PvP continent will be entirely controlled by the players? What about the game economy? How do you expect the political states will affect the game?

In order to protect fresh players coming into the PvP continent (we call it the original/ancient continent) for the first time, there will by a small area controlled by NPCs. Players can conquer the inner regions, zone by zone. Each zone will have some main resources and the expeditionary force that has taken over the zone will control the resources as well.

Is ArcheAge a dynamic world? For example, if a city is regularly attacked, can it be destroyed? On the other hand, if people build a small settlement can it become a fortified city/village?

We plan to maintain the two southern continents as static worlds for newcomers and players who do not like PvP. However, on the original/ancient continent, players can build villages as well as castles which can also be destroyed by other players. We have not yet considered monster attacks destroying settlements, though.

Would you please give some details about the clan system? What role will clans play? Are we going to have clan wars and pvp within one faction?

(For convenience sake, we call the concept of "clans" or "guilds," "guilds.") Guilds can build guild towns and engage in crafting together, share items, and so on. But for example, players will engage in PvP and RvR activities as a different community unit, which we call expeditionary force. This expeditionary force can only be formed by players of the same faction, contrary to guilds which can be separately joined regardless of their affiliated faction.

Expeditionary forces can conquer territories and engage in war. Whether an expeditionary force is an enemy or alliance depends on how the relationship is built between them.

It is not final yet, but we plan to have different types of servers. For example, there will be a PvP server where you can even PK characters of your own faction or alliance and a separate server where you can only PK those of the opposing sides.

There is no penalty for PvP between different guilds or groups (there may be certain rewards in some cases). But there will be strict penalties for PvP between groups within the same faction (e.g. going to jail for a certain time, being expelled from the faction and becoming a pirate faction if continuously repeated). A pirate faction can be an enemy force of all factions.

Can we develop a clan? If so how it's done and what bonuses do we get from clan upgrades?

Yes, players can develop guilds in a similar way as in other MMORPGs. We do not have any concrete plan as of yet on the specific details such as guild skill or upgrades, but we do plan to add such contents. But guild houses for example can be upgraded and changed to a better house.

Is a castle going to be always available for sieges or there will be siege schedules? Are players able to set a siege time?

Basically, it will only be possible during the agreed schedule between the castles. Players can select from the available schedules (e.g. 1 hour from 7 to 12 during the weekend).

At the beginning, we considered allowing players to engage in castle siege whenever they wanted, but we changed our plan since it would be of too much burden for players.

Source: AAPortal

That was good info, thanks.  They kind of avoided the question about guild warring...but I'd be surprised if they didn't have it as in depth as this seems.  Looks like Incognito will be all in on this one! 

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us

• DuckWizardDuckWizard Member UncommonPosts: 9

Will we be forced to play and fight in 1st person view like in Darkfall?

Sry if this is answered somewhere, didn`t find this info (which is important for me).

Thanks!

Nope, the game isn't first person view. It's 3rd person like various other games. Check out some of the gameplay videos.

• DuckWizardDuckWizard Member UncommonPosts: 9

Wonderful, thx a lot!

• mhoward48mhoward48 Member UncommonPosts: 99

Does anyone know if it has faction system?

• JuulpowerJuulpower Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by mhoward48

Does anyone know if it has faction system?

Arche Age does have 8 races, split into two different factions, probably like this:

'Western' faction: Nuian (humans), Elves, Dwarves and a yet to be revealed Fairy-like race

'Eastern' faction: Hariharan (humans), Ferres (cat-like people),  Warborn (big creatures, bit orcish) and a yet to be revealed Necromantic race

The 'Western' faction controls the western continent, which has mainly western medieval architecture (castles and such), while the 'Eastern' faction controls the eastern continent, having eastern (both middle-east and asian-like) architecture.

The third and last continent is the northern continent, which belongs to neither of the factions and is meant especially for PvP combat and will feature zones to be conquered by guilds using siege equipment.

So, in short, there will be two factions, which both own one continent. Your faction depends on your race, and you can freely fight people from the other faction. If you commit enough crimes (like killing people from your own faction), you can also get banished from your faction and become a so called pirate.

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

it is also possible to create your own factions and have others join.

there is also the pirate or outcast faction. basically if you go around killing your own faction enough times you get put into this

• ShavannaShavanna Member UncommonPosts: 5

Almost all of the links on the first site dont work. (is the site "http://www.archeage-portal.net"; down?)

I want to know more about the world interaction and the labor system...

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

The links to  http://www.archeage-portal.net  are broken.

I'll try to find some other sources sometime tommorrow, and fix the links. I'm guessing archeage-portal failed to pay for their domain.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Quick question: What business model does this game have?

Originally posted by thedarkess

Quick question: What business model does this game have?

They haven't decided yet.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Is there any news of a North America publisher yet?  I'm more and more curious about this game.

• baldernonobaldernono Member UncommonPosts: 96

Will they have the same fee as others p2p ? i personnally wait the day these fee will be very low.

It remind me isp and phone provider. They want to suck our money hard telling use it cannot be lower. but the day one provider kill the price, all lower their price...

however it is the game i am really waiting (over Tera and B&S). I hope it will be relesed soon but i guess it will be Korea first as always. So...

Originally posted by BartDaCat

Is there any news of a North America publisher yet?  I'm more and more curious about this game.

No, not yet.

Originally posted by baldernono

Will they have the same fee as others p2p ? i personnally wait the day these fee will be very low.

It remind me isp and phone provider. They want to suck our money hard telling use it cannot be lower. but the day one provider kill the price, all lower their price...

however it is the game i am really waiting (over Tera and B&S). I hope it will be relesed soon but i guess it will be Korea first as always. So...

They haven't officially decided on a payment model yet.