Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion goes F2P in 2012 - Thoughts?

1235»

Comments

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by Alders

There is no way, no how, that this won't be P2W when it comes to PVP. The manastone socketing itself, i felt, was designed with paying cash in advance to have any decent rate.

This. So much this. Aion is RIPE for cash shop gouging due to the absolutely abyssmal rates on crafting/enchanting/socketing success and the time it takes to acquire the materials to do the above things in the first place. I don't mind things like EXP boosts, that doesn't actually let anyone do anything I can't do myself, but Cash Shops in a heavily RNG-based game are almost always bad news.

That, and the game wasn't really that interesting in the first place.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

I wonder if the F2P will come to North America? Theres basic membership, veteran membership, and gold memebership with their respective attributes. 

If you have played Aion before you should probably pick this game back up when it goes F2P. I have not played for maybe a year and I have no idea what has changed. 

-I am here to perform logic