Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Longtime "supporters" should get some credit?!

FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

For instance me!

I've been on the boards as early as may 2003, yet under my icon it says "NOVICE MEMBER", sure i don't post on every friggin' meaningless whine post that pops on the forums to climb up on "posts"

Time spent on the forums should mean something, instead of spamming on every post that pops on the main site.

I've mainly posted on stuff i thought would mean something or give constructive comments on matters.

I personally feel wronged, when i'm considered  a "novice user" even tho i've been playing MMORPG's for almost 2 decades (which is half more than most people on the boards have been ALIVE), thus i consider that being a mark of something more than just a "novice"

2coppers at ya. please troll and flame me if i'm thinking outta my buttcrack. ( if a kid comes at me on the streets, i just tell em how things are and they usually let it be, if they don't, they'll know what they bargained for.)

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by Fusion

For instance me!

I've been on the boards as early as may 2003, yet under my icon it says "NOVICE MEMBER", sure i don't post on every friggin' meaningless whine post that pops on the forums to climb up on "posts"

Time spent on the forums should mean something, instead of spamming on every post that pops on the main site.

I've mainly posted on stuff i thought would mean something or give constructive comments on matters.

I personally feel wronged, when i'm considered  a "novice user" even tho i've been playing MMORPG's for almost 2 decades (which is half more than most people on the boards have been ALIVE), thus i consider that being a mark of something more than just a "novice"

2coppers at ya. please troll and flame me if i'm thinking outta my buttcrack. ( if a kid comes at me on the streets, i just tell em how things are and they usually let it be, if they don't, they'll know what they bargained for.)

Check your title now! :)

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

There's no school like the old school and Fusion is the fucking head master!

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Been here since 03', but spoken up 300 or so times.

Really, is that medal worthy?

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• robert4818robert4818 Member UncommonPosts: 661

Ha!  I joined a month before you.

Go back to EQ newb!

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

• Originally posted by Fusion

For instance me!

Very right

BUT

Welcome to the demands of current society!

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by MikeB

For instance me!

well, now all the old timers want one of those! :P

I know that I'm not '03 but I thought maybe actually participating might help lol

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

For instance me!

ROFL!

Good one Mike!

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

For instance me!

I bet he is sittting there right now like "WTF this was not as gratifying I expect it to be...it seems it really is just a title after all.". I personally do not give a rats ass about titles and shit. It is about the content of your post. If someone want the title king of the forums he can have it for all I care. His post will not change regardless.

I do find it odd though that someone believe his title on a forum should change because has been playing MMO's for over 2 decades. You know as well as I do that your skills only increase while using the skill, clearly you have not used the forum skill long enough to be more then a novice user in the use of forums.

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Originally posted by Coman

For instance me!

I personally feel wronged, when i'm considered  a "novice user" even tho i've been playing MMORPG's for almost 2 decades (which is half more than most people on Vthe boards have been ALIVE), thus i consider that being a mark of something more than just a "novice"

I bet he is sittting there right now like "WTF this was not as gratifying I expect it to be...it seems it really is just a title after all.". I personally do not give a rats ass about titles and shit. It is about the content of your post. If someone want the title king of the forums he can have it for all I care. His post will not change regardless.

I do find it odd though that someone believe his title on a forum should change because has been playing MMO's for over 2 decades. You know as well as I do that your skills only increase while using the skill, clearly you have not used the forum skill long enough to be more then a novice user in the use of forums.

WTB king title please xD
  • SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045

you can go from elite to novice in month of absence from this site, yet it takes over a year to get back to elite with daily activity on site..

ranking here always been a joke, i used to have that 5 stars rating back in the days, then ijust stoped using site for a while, went i came back i was zero and cant get back to previous title even with viewing website daily, and as far as i know it wasnt ( dunno if now it is ) about post size, it was aboug being on website loged, you could had 1 post and 5 star title

probably changed by now, since im sitting on 3 stars yet using website daily for what been eternity

• Originally posted by Smikis

you can go from elite to novice in month of absence from this site, yet it takes over a year to get back to elite with daily activity on site..

ranking here always been a joke, i used to have that 5 stars rating back in the days, then ijust stoped using site for a while, went i came back i was zero and cant get back to previous title even with viewing website daily, and as far as i know it wasnt ( dunno if now it is ) about post size, it was aboug being on website loged, you could had 1 post and 5 star title

probably changed by now, since im sitting on 3 stars yet using website daily for what been eternity

Keep posting like crazy dude! :D

Originally posted by vesavius

For instance me!

I know that I'm not '03 but I thought maybe actually participating might help lol

Ask and ye shall receive! '04 is good enough to me. :)

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Pfft. he's only 29.  Should be "Young Pup" :grin:

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

For instance me!

lol cheers Mike

• ActusActus Member UncommonPosts: 48

Is there like a "Super Lurker" title for the many folks in my situation =)

Aurelion-Ellwaen-Aulric

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

Well I have always felt that haveing been a member and loyaling coming to this site for many years should have some recognition. The ranking system has always seemed a bit off, some of us are just more lurkers than posters. Usually any thoughts I have are put in to text by some one else better than I ever could. Call it being lazy or afraid to post, I just call it being me.   :)

No signature, I don't have a pen

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

RYL beta was what got me interested in this website, at the time MMORPG was the only site I knew of that offered such a large collection of online games I've never heard of.

Because of MMORPG I went on to win a contest where Planet Wide Games asked players to design cover art. Scored a free life-time sub and my first mp3 player. Managed to win with only 5 months of Photoshop under my metaphorical belt. Honestly I thought the one I submitted sucked, but everyone else seemed to think otherwise.

Yet for being a "Founder" I never got that free hat that was supposed to be give out to all founder players.

*Ahem* I blame MMORPG for everything.

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

Had no idea that the rank would go up/down by post hit count....

Always thought it was measured by the quality of what you write... image

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

I'm sort term member so I'm happy with what ever crappy system gives... Activity is main component true. Still, some reward for old if they kept active is a good thing...

Originally posted by Icewhite

Pfft. he's only 29.  Should be "Young Pup" :grin:

I'm 25! Mind = blown? :)

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

For instance me!

I´m 04.. wouldnt mind an Old School title either ;) 

• xm522xm522 Member UncommonPosts: 117

^ your percentage breakdown makes no sense :)

on topic: the system is obviously flawed. but because this site manages such an extensive comunity, it is not an 'out of the question' method.

i understand that people want gratification, it's cool and all. but if you demand "rewards" for time visiting this site, many others will. and those who lurked and later made an account, will feel cheated.

just my 2 cents

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

I was surprised to find that I joined in 04 as well. It seems like only yesterday that I decided fidning somewhere to hang out game to game would be a good idea. Still, I had been playing online games a long time before then. Since the very first multiplayer online game actually (Trubshaw and Bartles orignal MUD).

At one time I submitted newsworthy 'finds' in the vain (ahh vanity) hope of a title but being old and senile I was never quick enough. If they are up for grabs though ;) ............

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

<---------- Thanks MMORPG.com

While its only a couple of words under my avatar I appreciate it none the less!   ;)

No signature, I don't have a pen

Originally posted by Lazarus71

<---------- Thanks MMORPG.com

While its only a couple of words under my avatar I appreciate it none the less!   ;)

You're welcome! Enjoy the new title!