Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Healers in PVE servers are harrasing us

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    How did this get past beta?

Same as any mmo, by inviting fans to test it
    And slapping forum bans on dissenters
  • munecaroonmunecaroon Member Posts: 88

TRION Worlds fixed the same stuff for Rift - during beta

"Healing NPC Guards during invasion = red name" on next beta session voila all done

Just log on TOR website and make a suggestion, shouldn't be a biggie

• Tyvolus3Tyvolus3 Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by Castillle

So if you didnt know...The imperial healers can just waltz over to the heroic area in illum (or other places tbh) and they can just stay there unflagged WHILE HEALING THE NPCS!

It is a huge pain in the ***** and we need this fixed please. At least make those npcs flag people for pvp if theyre healing them! T_T

Sooo annoying to be fighting then a healer comes over, cleanses the CC and starts healing all the npcs x.x Its annoying and its evil and we need it stopped!

Edit : Flagging them for pvp would be the best solution so we can flip out and kick their *****

Link

What do you guys think?

such is life in a PvE game.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

So if you didnt know...The imperial healers can just waltz over to the heroic area in illum (or other places tbh) and they can just stay there unflagged WHILE HEALING THE NPCS!

It is a huge pain in the ***** and we need this fixed please. At least make those npcs flag people for pvp if theyre healing them! T_T

Sooo annoying to be fighting then a healer comes over, cleanses the CC and starts healing all the npcs x.x Its annoying and its evil and we need it stopped!

Edit : Flagging them for pvp would be the best solution so we can flip out and kick their *****

Link

What do you guys think?

That's unfortunate. It's one reason I roll on PvP servers! But yes, it'd probably be a good idea to steal SWG's 'Temporary Enemy Flag' for overt actions such as this.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Originally posted by Mithrandolir

Originally posted by dreamscaper

Originally posted by Rabiator

Originally posted by Fed1

Being able to heal MOBS of your faction is a sandbox feature. I have no problem with it as long as the healer is then flagged PvP.

This.

BTW, EVE Online does it this way too, if outsiders interfere in high sec PvP:

You support one of the combatants, you become a legitimate target for his opponents. In the two years I played EVE, I have heard no complains about this concept.

Both you and the quoted poster are fundamentally misunderstanding the problem. There's nothing wrong with healing a combatant - the problem is when said healer is immune to any form of retaliation, as is the case for the OP.

Both people you quoted said exactly what you just said.

Yep, that's what I get for posting when I'm half asleep.

However, my post wasn't completely off base, thankfully - they're both talking about healing friendly mobs flagging you for pvp, which according to the OP isn't the case in TOR.

<3

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Originally posted by Fed1

Being able to heal MOBS of your faction is a sandbox feature. I have no problem with it as long as the healer is then flagged PvP.

Considering the fact that I get flagged for PvP every time I just buff another player that happens to be flagged, you'd think it would.

If it's not flagging someone for PvP that is actively healing the NPCs for their faction, then it's a bug.

• skulljoeskulljoe Member Posts: 89

It seems to be "working as intended"

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Originally posted by MikeB

That's unfortunate. It's one reason I roll on PvP servers! But yes, it'd probably be a good idea to steal SWG's 'Temporary Enemy Flag' for overt actions such as this.

PVP?  Le gasp!!

Pretty sure the devs have taken notice though! The thread I made there reached a ton of posts :O:O

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

That title...it's so unlike a normal PVP thread title...I feel reality shifting.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Reply to my ticket from Bioware from 3 days ago about this issue :

We would like to inform you that your suggestion has reached us but unfortunately, we cannot give a word regarding this issue for the moment.

O.o 

( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by bossalinie

It's probably an easy fix that was overlooked.

I agree. I'm sure it will be addressed. But don't you know this game should be perfect? I know because I played games like Vanguard at release which had ZERO issues. If Sony can do it, why can't Bioware....

For those who don't know, that was a joke.. 

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318

Being creative shouldn't be punishable. I don't see anything wrong with the situation.. only some carebear whiners here and there.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

We would like to inform you that your suggestion has reached us but unfortunately, we cannot give a word regarding this issue for the moment.

O.o 

Wow. What a chickensh*t answer.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Clearly the fault of beta testers playing and not testing. image

Originally posted by ktanner3

O.o 

They've done a great service for the community. I hope that they won't "fix" it for years.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Yeah that is REALLY suprising to me.. and disappointing.

I think even UO back in '99 if you healed bad monsters or red/grey players you went grey and were temporarily attackable by blues (non-PK)

I have never really liked PvE servers, but now it feels like I could roll a healer for PvE server ;)

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Originally posted by ktanner3

O.o 

Because the CSR who sent that answer knows exactly how the devs are going to fix the issue and when. Really.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

lol I admit ... I've done that :)

Did it in Rift too along with many other games. As I see it (although I know this is annoying) the npc's are my faction so I should be able to support them. I also fail to see why me being able to help my own faction should flag me over the enemy attacking them. If you want to fight me ... flag first. I assure you I will oblige :)

I do not care if it is a pve server. If quests pit you against faction npc's, it is the ATTACKER who should be flagged first. It is their choice to not do the quests. A pve server already has a ton of places and even class quest lines where you are auto-flagged. I think they should take it a step further.

I truly believe the OP's logic is skewed on this subject.

You stay sassy!

Originally posted by Tamanous

lol I admit ... I've done that :)

Did it in Rift too along with many other games. As I see it (although I know this is annoying) the npc's are my faction so I should be able to support them. I also fail to see why me being able to help my own faction should flag me over the enemy attacking them. If you want to fight me ... flag first. I assure you I will oblige :)

I do not care if it is a pve server. If quests pit you against faction npc's, it is the ATTACKER who should be flagged first. It is their choice to not do the quests. A pve server already has a ton of places and even class quest lines where you are auto-flagged. I think they should take it a step further.

I truly believe the OP's logic is skewed on this subject.

To convert into WoW terms, there are horde npcs chopping wood in ashenvale (i think thats the place) now these enemies here do not flag for pvp but the horde are friendly to them.  Now Imagine some guy having a quest to kill those except the horde healers can heal them without anyone getting flagged for pvp. 

If fighting them flags me for pvp im fine.  But they should be flagged for pvp when healing them as well.

As it stands, THEY can pvp me without me being able to do anything to them. Unless I roll a healer and go to their pve area and heal their enemies there.

Unlike you, Im willing to gank them myself. Actually I just did that.  I stayed stealth near enemies till they aoe and get tagged for pvp by hitting me.  Then I pwn them. PWN THEM I TELL YOU!

No silly heal stuff.

( o.o)
    (")(")

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

Originally posted by Teala

I have a question:  How did this get past beta?

Alot of bugs made it past beta. SWTOR is still bug ridden.

Same goes with most MMO's but the bugs I have seen are kind of game breaking in SWTOR.

• BrodterBrodter Member Posts: 73

This is not creative.  Myself and many other have been doing this for years.  Haste+Brave+Buff+100 ojs, on a Bugbear or Drake and running him to town... OMG the lawl's!

But yea, NCsoft eventually made it so you couldn't buff/heal NPCs or give them items.  I think flagging is the best solution here.

• BlackndBlacknd Member Posts: 600

I love the people that think every single issue should have been fixed in beta.

Idk. Common sense tells me that this will be fixed by either being impossible (can't heal certain NPCs) or by flagging the healer. On the offchance that they were unaware of this, you making a thread and reporting it made them aware.

.. But in a good way.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Originally posted by BadSpock

Yeah that is REALLY suprising to me.. and disappointing.

I think even UO back in '99 if you healed bad monsters or red/grey players you went grey and were temporarily attackable by blues (non-PK)

Well, in EVE they allow non aligned repair ships to "heal" combatents in a corp war, and I don't think they flag either.

But then again EVE elevates griefing to a whole new level over most games. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

My bad

Sometimes I just feel so bad for them though.

Actually what I like doing is running up on a player's mobs as they do their aoe attack and flagging them for PvP once they catch me in it.

Reactions from that tend to be much more entertaining.

Yeah, not real sure why healing the npcs doesn't flag you. Really doesn't make any sense.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.