Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think I know what the problem is.

Yes its not entirly what it use to be but its still fun and..... I really just think your burnout on WoW and need to take a break for like a year like I did itll be fun again when you come back. WoWs numbers arent falling that much they are actually gaining new players everyday.... just had a bunch of brand new group of people who have never played before start today. Servers are starting to fill back up as well ive been hearing form real life friends who all came back and hopped on a bunch of different servers.

As I read more and mroe about MoP Im liking the new talent system and new ideas they are taking and they are adressing the problems Cata brung with it. Okay I don't like the new race,but the new class may be fun and its really not that big of a deal lol. No one complained about cow people.   

0.o

Comments

• RabbiFangRabbiFang Member Posts: 149

I have no idea what point you're trying to make here.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    to summarize, wow is fine

RIP Orc Choppa

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

Originally posted by RabbiFang

I have no idea what point you're trying to make here.

"Please dont go play TOR,just take a year off."?

• ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231

No my point was that its not really that the game is more casual is the problem, just more of the fact alot of people are just burned out and need to take a break. Go out and find out how other MMOs are doing. STO is fun for a while... Rift good, and SWTOR is a very good game.

EvE online is the best break from a themepark tho.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Originally posted by Zecktorin

No my point was that its not really that the game is more casual is the problem, just more of the fact alot of people are just burned out and need to take a break. Go out and find out how other MMOs are doing. STO is fun for a while... Rift good, and SWTOR is a very good game.

EvE online is the best break from a themepark tho.

Well for me :

They absolutely killed the game with dungeon finder, easy mode, cut scenes, fast travel, my account got hacked and I would have to jump through hoops to get it reactivated, I'm already one expansion behind that I don't feel like I should have to pay even more for, and too many kids.

Other than all this, your right it's a good game and its just me being burned out !!!!

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

i think people being burned out is the main reason wow would be losing any subs. (i dont know or care if they are)

i was just outside smoking and was thinking that SWTOR, TSW, and GW2 combined will be enough for those of us that are currently taking a break from wow to actually kill it for us.

meaning that when MoP comes out, (when i plan to go back to WoW) it will feel dated.

SWTOR and TSW both have voice over quest givers. (i think gw2 does but dont know much about it)

when MoP comes out the game will be 8 years (?) old.

also im growing up now, and with life and what not dont find myself too into mmo's atm.

anyhow just thinking.

I've got the straight edge.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

I left a couple of days ago, guild, everything. It feels good. I'm going f2p, b2p, which means DDO and potentially Guild Wars 2 if they retain their current business model. I've never felt better. Panda's I can play with, but I'm moving on as well.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Originally posted by nyxium

I left a couple of days ago, guild, everything. It feels good. I'm going f2p, b2p, which means DDO and potentially Guild Wars 2 if they retain their current business model. I've never felt better. Panda's I can play with, but I'm moving on as well.

I quit in October because hype was building for SWTOR and I was finding less and less time to sit down and play WoW.  I said good bye to my arena partners and bounced.

I found the time to focus on SWTOR and that game is so buggy and unpolished that I found myself disappointed in another next gen MMO all over again (Warhammer, Aion, SWTOR...)

Seriously..Blizzard ruined all other mmos for me by raising the bar too high.  I'm thinking of just calling it quits and not playing anymore mmoprgs, or atleast the ones that are EQ clones.

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    yeah its definitely a burn out factor. that's why a lot of people liked TBC but not WotLK, it was all still new and mysterious. Once lich king came it just started getting more and more the same. they reused Naxx, they reused Onyxia, hell Cata reused all of Azeroth. It will happen to any good MMO
  • TortanicTortanic Member Posts: 85

Is it burnout, or is it lazy, B-Team developers with shitty release cycles?

They said themselves the A-Team got moved over to Titan when development on it started, but not when - I'd bet money it was halfway through WOTLK development. (Hence the fuckton of cut content from WOTLK.)

• LatellaLatella Member Posts: 189

I believe the reason is actually general mmo burnout.

A lot of people nowadays not only play an unhealthy amount of WoW hours but also more and more hours shared between free to play games,  p2p trials and the new "release of the month" and they keep burning thru those games out of boredom, addiction or simply not having better to do.

The fact that many of those games share many designs and gameplay/interface features does not help one bit to feel better about playing WoW ( or other games at all )

We also became a lot more demanding since now the market offers much more options than it did in the past and thus we see certain things under a different light.

Rawr.

• TortanicTortanic Member Posts: 85

We've became more demanding, yes, but so far it's been

BigMac

Shitsandwich
    Shitsandwich with corn
    Tacobell Shitsandwich

Nobody has stepped up and delivered a polished, "average joe" game (A real alternative to the BigMac) - Rift came close, but didn't relase with nowhere near enough content to keep it's playerbase busy or interested. (Rifts flat out suck. Forest suck, fetch quests suck, the lore sucks. But it was playable, compared to say...Warhammer.)