Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Play the sith inquisitor.. seriously just play the sith inquisitor

sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

I have purposely had not played a SI till now because after beta i knew they would be the FOTM class at launch. Anyway since beta I have played at least to the part you get your ship with all 8 classes so I got a little taste of every single story so far.. 

In my opinion SI is by far the most fun in terms of story and abilities. My counselor is a complete snoozefest compared the SI storywise. Anyway just putting this out there if you have only tried a few classes and are let down by the story or the class in general roll a SI it's really what I was hoping for when waiting for this game.. does sort of make me angry in a way though because all the other story's so far have no kept me interest nearly as much as the SI story has Imperial Agent(my first char) is interesting but really I mean come on I'm playing star wars in the old republic force users are where its at.. so like I said play the SI!!!

Comments

• ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

Originally posted by sanosukex

I have purposely had not played a SI till now because after beta i knew they would be the FOTM class at launch. Anyway since beta I have played at least to the part you get your ship with all 8 classes so I got a little taste of every single story so far.. 

In my opinion SI is by far the most fun in terms of story and abilities. My counselor is a complete snoozefest compared the SI storywise. Anyway just putting this out there if you have only tried a few classes and are let down by the story or the class in general roll a SI it's really what I was hoping for when waiting for this game.. does sort of make me angry in a way though because all the other story's so far have no kept me interest nearly as much as the SI story has Imperial Agent(my first char) is interesting but really I mean come on I'm playing star wars in the old republic force users are where its at.. so like I said play the SI!!!

I have a SIth Sorc, she cleans house. Somtimes she does windows, too.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

I watched some of the SI story line that a group member had, seemed a bit silly......

NPC  on holocam :"When you get back I have a surprise for you"...

SI "Oh goody!"

Me: Surprises are the bestest *snicker*

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

hahah I loved the quest dialogue option to say why am I doing fedex quest for you again.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• troublmakertroublmaker Member Posts: 337

Nothing more infuriating than going against a sorc.  If you don't blow all of your CDs ono it you lose.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

I enjoyed my trooper, and my smuggler, though I stopped the smuggler after he got his ship as that is when I started the trooper and got hooked.  

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by troublmaker

Nothing more infuriating than going against a sorc.  If you don't blow all of your CDs ono it you lose.

heh yea they are pretty broken in pvp.. especially against the knight/warrior really they are no challenge

Originally posted by niceguy3978

I enjoyed my trooper, and my smuggler, though I stopped the smuggler after he got his ship as that is when I started the trooper and got hooked.  

trooper is pretty fun i like having commander shepards(female) voice.. but like I said the force is where its at:)

coudn't get into the trooper. Felt like I was G.I. Joe. Looked like that Dude from Toy Story.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

trooper is pretty fun i like having commander shepards(female) voice.. but like I said the force is where its at:)

I suck thoroughly at pvp, especially as melee, so I like my trooper and being able to stand back and pick people off:).  Actually, the Inquisitor is the only character I haven't played yet.

I suck thoroughly at pvp, especially as melee, so I like my trooper and being able to stand back and pick people off:).  Actually, the Inquisitor is the only character I haven't played yet.

do it! do it! and if you like to stand back and pew pew go sith sorc lots of good ranged stuff

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

The class on paper looks fantastic but unfortunately the non stop lightning animation makes it  unplayable for me, bothers my eyes... :(  I love playing the Operative healing tree though, tons of utility.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

guess I did the right thing by walking away, SI was all I played.  I loved the concept of an assassin like class, but it never felt like an assassin to me.  Felt like a brawler with stealth.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

I am loving the inquisitor story so far (just hit level 40).  My brother and I help each other out, so he has been getting a sample of it and I've been getting a sample of the Warrior storyline (which is pretty good too).

Originally posted by snapfusion

The class on paper looks fantastic but unfortunately the non stop lightning animation makes it  unplayable for me, bothers my eyes... :(  I love playing the Operative healing tree though, tons of utility.

not sure if its just my computer but when i turn shadow complexity to low( you also have ot turn shadows to low or off to do this) 

i get no lightning at all when I cast it just shows the animation but no lightning comes out.. kinda strange not sure if its just my computer setup or not.. either way i love the lightning:)

Originally posted by adam_nox

guess I did the right thing by walking away, SI was all I played.  I loved the concept of an assassin like class, but it never felt like an assassin to me.  Felt like a brawler with stealth.

yea the IA operative is the only class in this game that feels assassin like.. I don't really care much for the assassin actually I'm all about the sorc though

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

heh yea they are pretty broken in pvp.. especially against the knight/warrior really they are no challenge

Currently playing a Knight - Sentinel.... absolutely worst class in PvP in the early game by far.   

Its rare that I kill anything...  and I'm not half bad at my class.  I am only level 18 on my knight though.

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

Sith Warrior has an amazing story arc to it, wont give it away but makes you feel like a BA

Originally posted by Kalmarth

Sith Warrior has an amazing story arc to it, wont give it away but makes you feel like a BA

once my SI gets lvl 50 ill continue my warrior its is only level 17 so story hasn't really taken off yet

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Currently playing a Knight - Sentinel.... absolutely worst class in PvP in the early game by far.   

Its rare that I kill anything...  and I'm not half bad at my class.  I am only level 18 on my knight though.

knight/warriors are crying big time for some love in pvp.. im sure they will be the first class to get some adjustments

knight/warriors are crying big time for some love in pvp.. im sure they will be the first class to get some adjustments

Supposedly they're more interested in nerfing classes then finding the fundamental flaws to balance the knight.  

The knight is the last class for me to play...  and I was really looking forward to the PvP aspect.  I've been playing all day with the knight, realized how terribly underpowered they were and how frustrating it was to play,  and then decided I'll unsubscribe while they decide how they want to change the class balance.

In 1.1  thats being tested, they nerfed the agents/smugglers pretty hard.  It seems the only Knight class worth playing is guardian, and even that isn't really stellar, and I'm not really feeling playing through like that.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I have a juggernaut at 50 and tbh the only thing it needs changed for pvp is to be a bit more tanky when going tank spec.

Recently rolled a Sorcerer alt currently at 38 while they eventually fix Ilum and i have to laugh at any Sorc who actually thought they were good players because they do well on the class, it really is a case of faceroll compared to the melee.

wait till you hit some of the elite story line mobs on Tat,, then you'll really hate it. Gave mine up at 33, talk about gimped. I love the SWTOR forum posts who tell all the Sentinels in the same situation to learn to play. Sorry, but timing interrupts to win is not my idea of fun. It is the most underwhelming and frustrating class to play.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Sith Assassin was my first character, upon which most of my opinions of the game have been based.

Also my highest level character, at 31.

and basically.. 'nuff said.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

Originally posted by Kabaal

I have a juggernaut at 50 and tbh the only thing it needs changed for pvp is to be a bit more tanky when going tank spec.

Recently rolled a Sorcerer alt currently at 38 while they eventually fix Ilum and i have to laugh at any Sorc who actually thought they were good players because they do well on the class, it really is a case of faceroll compared to the melee.

Thats just it though, you have classes like the Commando and the Sage that do a ton of damage, and can still put out a lot of heals,  and you have the shadow which is a tank and can go in and out of stealth....  then you have the smuggler who can stealth or snipe, essentially,   but the Knight and warrior are stuck with a terrible mechanic,  really no real ranged attacks or speed increased pre 25,  and pretty much every other class in comparison is literally a faceroll. 

I love a challenge,  but this is not a challenge.  This is masochistic.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

If you have trouble downing an SI in PVP, then you really are not playing well.  They are the squishiest class.  Don't get me wrong, some classes need a buff because they suck.  That doesn't mean the SI is OP.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.