Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tell me about modern day WoW...

TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141

Alright, I started the game about a month after it came out. Played from then, non stop, until the day after Cataclysm released. I lasted 2 days in the x-pac and realized that I needed a break. Maybe a burned out. Maybe I was fed up with something or another. Who knows- it's been a while and Im curious what the game has become now that a couple of patches have come out. Plus, I kinda want to make a Panda when they come out =D

I guess one thing that scared me about the cata talent point changes and gear changes was that there was no room for diverse specs. One thing I've always enjoyed about talent building is making something that looks good and running with it, seeing how it works and (if it works great), having a build others might not have thought of. Yet, Cata's talent builder looked to me to narrow it down to one of a handful of possible builds. Not a handful of GOOD builds- I mean you just really can't make many different talent specs anymore. So, that being said... do characters still have any kind of a unique feel to them, or do most players these days look similar/the same and have similar/the same talent specs?

Comments

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

pretty much cookie cutter. the devs are trying to address that with MoP.

i stopped playing cause of the cookie cutter thing too.

I've got the straight edge.

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

there's always going to be cookie-cutter builds

its a game of numbers, and some people that play are really good at math (theorycraft lol)

I remember these two guys on the forums were in such a heated debate over whether Arcane or Fire spec was best for PvP, they were posting all kinds of equations and formulas.

I just stuck to playing my rogue

• aSynchroaSynchro Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Indeed class and spec are kinda too uniform now BUT you get a change with the new transmog system. It's really a breath of fresh air imho.

Anyhow, if you're looking for unique builds, wait for MoP and the talents revamp
  • GeevesGeeves Member UncommonPosts: 149

Originally posted by aSynchro

Indeed class and spec are kinda too uniform now BUT you get a change with the new transmog system. It's really a breath of fresh air imho.

Anyhow, if you're looking for unique builds, wait for MoP and the talents revamp

I saw the proposed new talent system a few months ago, and I fail to see how what they're proposing will revamp talents so that players have diverse and meaningful choice.

There were cookie cutter builds in WotLK and prior, but it was no where near as bad as people made out. If you were in a semi-casual guild you could get by with your own individual build and do fine. The deep trees made for an absolute ton of choices. The crappy Cata talents were a big part of why I quit the game too.

MUNDO!!

• TortanicTortanic Member Posts: 85

Their current excuse, let alone the future version - of a talent system is akin to giving everyone a choice between maces, staves and dragon dildos and claiming it's somehow deeper.

• ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231

They kinda said they want talent trees to be all active abilites rather than passive bonuses and didn't want you to feel liek you had to take something..... like +5% hit or +20% crit chance..... This new systems fits what they want and  think it will be alright for the most part.... and less confusing for newer players.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Been back to Wow and playing it. it still has stuff to do. but I agree it is silly thinking that we had more diversity compared to BC or wrath. But still it's got some new stuff in that has me interested. LFR being one of them. plus you know it's all in what you like, not the opinion of what you should like. I thought TOR was going to be a solid game for it costing 200+ million but personly I was wrong. but thats my own personal belief about it. TOR is a good game with allot of promise. in the end I went back to the game I swore i would never return to and it's been great having tons of people to group with.