Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Night's Watch (Late Night Multi-Game Community)

GalacticzGalacticz Member UncommonPosts: 34

Introduction

How many times have you ever wished to be apart of some huge, successful gaming community online? One that has hundreds of hard-core, active members? One that is the best at every game they play? A gaming community that focuses on achieving excellence and nothing else?!

Well folks, let me tell you: Except for a select few individuals, these types of communities are NOT for you. 

Why, might you ask? Well allow me to tell you. These types of communities focus only on the game, and achieving impressive results, and not the people who are striving to achieve said results. These communities are much too large to even obtain an semblance of the word 'community'. And most of all, these communities cast out those who cannot, or will not mold into the ultra 'die hard' hardcore gamers they want.

These types of clans, guild, communities never worked for me. I always went from guild to guild, looking for a home to call my own, but, ultimately, i never found what I was looking for. I wanted a friendly, personal group of people to play my games with, and have fun. I wanted to make friends, and feel valued. I wanted to be apart of a real community. If any of you can relate to these feelings, you share my pain. But it doesn't need to be this way anymore! 

I am pleased to say that, as of today, a new brand of gaming community is hitting the market. Today,The Night's Watch is born!

*LOGO GOES HERE! xD (Still in production)*

We are a GAMING COMMUNITY. We love gaming. Its an integral part of our lives. We are also a close-knit group of friends, looking for more individuals who share our passion. We prize a sense of community and fun over all else; We don't rage, we don't flame, we sit back and have fun. 

While this community focuses on bringing people together and having fun, we also enjoy the competitiveness of gaming. We are a SEMI HARDCORE gaming community. What this accurately means is, we are active in the game we currently play, and we aim to do our best and compete with others on our server; However, we do not let this competition get in the way of having an enjoyable time.

We are a multi-game community. What this means is, although most of the time we will have a single game we are focusing on playing, we do not just limit ourselves entirely to said game. We play FPS, MMORPG's, RTS, you name it. We are always looking for new games to play as well!

Requirements

Here is a list of requirements we expect our applicants to fill.

• To be a minimum of 16 years of age, Preferably 18+. (Exceptions can be made.)

• To be Friendly and Open-minded.

• To love to GAME!

• To be mature.

• To be an active player.

• Have a microphone.

Application

For the application process, we would normally refer you to our website, but it is currently down for repairs. So for now, please post the application below!

Name:

Favorite Game Genre:

How often you play:

Other games you play:

A little about yourself:

Why you want to join 'The Watch':

Skype Info:

Applicants who meet our requirements will also be subject to a [u]Skype Interview[/u] (Voice Chat). This is to ensure that we have a good idea of what type of person you are. Do not be intimidated, I am just a goofy jackass, and my Co-leader is Australian, so he has a funny accent! :D

What We Can Do for YOU!

• A Strong, Close knit Community

• Ventrillo Server

• Forum and Website (Coming soon!)

• A Kick ass Gaming experience!

Current Games

Our community has a multitude of gaming interests, and we are currently playing several different games.

• Minecraft (Mainly PVP Faction Servers)

• League of Legends

• Team Fortress 2

• Diablo 2, awaiting the arrival of Diablo 3!

• Guildwars, awaiting Guildwars 2!

• Terraria

Do we sound good to you? If you are even slightly interested, give us a try. You WON'T be sorry!

The Night's Watch. Gaming through the night.

Comments

• xK3runexK3rune Member Posts: 100

Name: Kerune

Favorite Game Genre: Fantasy MMOs

How often you play: 15-20+ hrs/wk

Other games you play: Skyrim/BF3

A little about yourself: Playing a few games until GW2/D3 mainly.

Why you want to join 'The Watch': To join a close-knit community, solo gaming is getting to me.

Skype Info: xK3rune

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

How many players are you currently and can one join even if he/she doesnt play any of the games on your currently playing list? I mean I could imagine joining but it depends on what kind of games the guild/clan is going for etc. Do the guild have any history? how long have you existed? Would be nice to have some more info. ))

• Scooch25Scooch25 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 105

I would drop the age requirement. I am 16 myself but I remember when I was 12 years old and being pissed that guilds and teams wouldn't let me in because of age. I knew I was better than half the 20+ year old players and probably more mature than them as well. You could miss out on some good people. ( I do agree that the majority of those under 16 years old are really annoying and immature..but it is arguable that the same applies to those above 16 years old.)

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

I would raise the age requirement to 18+ (Why, you ask? I don't want anyone who is not adult in the same voip. At least not in the group what I usually play with, I mean... our conversations get so sidetracked from the game, that if there was a child/teen present, he would be awarded with psychological traumas for the rest of his life), but as Kuro1n asked; What about other games? Only game what I play from your list is Guild Wars 1, and even that very rarely.

Do you people have any interest in BF 2: Project Reality, Armed Assault 2 (ACE / Project Reality), Nuclear Dawn or Natural Selection 2 beta?

EDIT: Additional questions: Where are the majority of your people? The Americas? Europe? I'm not willing to play any game competitive over seas because of latency, except for rpgs.

What about this Skype? At least I am not willing to install such crap on my compy? Of course I have ventrilo and all ready and in active use.

We?re all dead, just say it.

Originally posted by Scooch25

I would drop the age requirement. I am 16 myself but I remember when I was 12 years old and being pissed that guilds and teams wouldn't let me in because of age. I knew I was better than half the 20+ year old players and probably more mature than them as well. You could miss out on some good people. ( I do agree that the majority of those under 16 years old are really annoying and immature..but it is arguable that the same applies to those above 16 years old.)

Well you are still young and may not see and consider things in the same way people who are grown up does, having to moderate your language and topics due to young people might not always be what you want when you are home and trying to relax. I agree with what Metanol said and would also like the age restriction to be put on 18+ due to this reason and others.

Its not about being good at a game either as I see it, rather more about have an understanding for others and that they might not have the time to invest into playing much or that they might have kids or exams and thus are unable to play at times etc.

However it clearly states that exceptions can be made so its nothing that will stop a individual who might fit into the guild/clan.

• dysorsodysorso Member Posts: 5

x

• GalacticzGalacticz Member UncommonPosts: 34

Woah! Lots of replies when I was sleeping last night!

Alright guys, lets take this one step at a time.

First, additional information about our community: 

The Night's Watch is a fledgling community, these posts are the first real attempt to recruit. The Watch started as just me and a couple of friends dicking around in whichever games we pleased, using steam chat to communicate. Our Group expanded as we met a few individuals throughout the various games we were playing. Currently we number around six players, but these recruitment efforts have gotten alot of actions, so we will be expanding quickly. 

However, the thing about new communities, applicants come and go, and the process will be slow, but progress will be made. If you are interested in giving us a try and getting in on the ground floor of a community that holds player interests at hand, drop me an app. If we aren't established enough, I also understand. But please do understand, all Guilds/Clans/Communities have to start somewhere.

As for Games, the games I have listed are just the ones we currently have available. We aren't active in every game, and we aren't set in stone on every game. I am always looking for new games to try, and I love just about every genre. I am no means a pro gamer, but I like to think I am decent at just about every game out there. So if you want to join and bring us a new game to play, It would not be in vain. 

Like I said in the recruitment post, This community is focused around meeting people, having fun, and kicking ass at anything we can. Give us a try, and bear with us, we're new at this; but i guarantee you we won't be a waste of your time!

As for age, the founding of the clan is all 19-21 years of age, so we obviously prefer like aged individuals, but over the past week i have excepted a few younger kids as well. Age isn't what matters to me, its maturity and personality. 

If I have missed any of your questions, please feel free to remind me! If you have anymore, ask away! I am here to educate you all on our community.

@Metanol: Actually, because we have been playing minecraft PVP lately, alot of the new members are from the UK or Austrailia. But the majority of the Community still remains American.

@Kerune: Your app checks out, my friend. I understand how solo gaming can get to you. I love me some GTA IV, but playing by myself for hours on end really ends up making me feel lonely. *FOREVER ARONE!* And thats a feeling I do not dig, lol! xD

I will add you on skype and get you lined up for an interview ASAP.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Your clan sounds like the perfect crew for a ship in StarQuest Onine. I have been urging gaming guilds to start their own "Guild Only" starships. What better way to work as a team than to pilot, repair, and defend the interior of a Starship together?

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

Your clan sounds like the perfect crew for a ship in StarQuest Onine. I have been urging gaming guilds to start their own "Guild Only" starships. What better way to work as a team than to pilot, repair, and defend the interior of a Starship together?

Very interesting man, I will have to run this by the rest of the Community and see what they think. 

Thanks for the recommendation! 

Well I guess this wont work out too well if you're mostly americans, I myself is Swedish so timezone wise its not very cool unless you aim to take in more EU people. :/

We are all late night gamers, and we have a number of EU/Aussie players as well. But I understand your aprehension. 

I sent you a PM.

Originally posted by Metanol

I would raise the age requirement to 18+ (Why, you ask? I don't want anyone who is not adult in the same voip. At least not in the group what I usually play with, I mean... our conversations get so sidetracked from the game, that if there was a child/teen present, he would be awarded with psychological traumas for the rest of his life), but as Kuro1n asked; What about other games? Only game what I play from your list is Guild Wars 1, and even that very rarely.

Do you people have any interest in BF 2: Project Reality, Armed Assault 2 (ACE / Project Reality), Nuclear Dawn or Natural Selection 2 beta?

EDIT: Additional questions: Where are the majority of your people? The Americas? Europe? I'm not willing to play any game competitive over seas because of latency, except for rpgs.

What about this Skype? At least I am not willing to install such crap on my compy? Of course I have ventrilo and all ready and in active use.

For sure 16+ would be able to participate in any coversation an 18+ can. It's a two year difference..and if you think 12+ (or even younger) are so niave and sheltered you are wrong. They won't hear anything with you that they won't from anybody else on the internet.

The current age requirement is 16+, because I was considering the same thing.

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

For sure 16+ would be able to participate in any coversation an 18+ can. It's a two year difference..and if you think 12+ (or even younger) are so niave and sheltered you are wrong. They won't hear anything with you that they won't from anybody else on the internet.

Oh I know just fine that they are not all so naive and young, but at least I'm not willing to take the blame for corrupting them! It's just a preference, I want to play with people who are at least 18. "They won't hear anything with you that they won't from anybody else..." Oh, I wouldn't be so sure, Sir. I am a finn after all, and it seems like you still have much to learn of us.

Did you have anything else to add to the conversation dear Scooch25?

We?re all dead, just say it.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I would drop the age requirement. I am 16 myself but I remember when I was 12 years old and being pissed that guilds and teams wouldn't let me in because of age. I knew I was better than half the 20+ year old players and probably more mature than them as well.

lol. Because proclaiming your better than someone reinforces that your mature.

Go forth, Be humble.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• TanonTanon Member UncommonPosts: 176

Originally posted by Mellkor

I would drop the age requirement. I am 16 myself but I remember when I was 12 years old and being pissed that guilds and teams wouldn't let me in because of age. I knew I was better than half the 20+ year old players and probably more mature than them as well.

Go forth, Be humble.

This. If you're mature, you don't need to tell people that you are. Especially considering that they're doing Skype interviews, if I were them, I'd immediately disregard anyone who claims to be mature.

• UppityNegroUppityNegro Member UncommonPosts: 55

Why on earth would they make the age range 12+?? You're kidding.  Of the games they've listed, they wouldnt be able to play at least 2 of them, LEGALLY anyway, why would a community potentially risk anything for the sake of playing with a few children?

Dota2 > Your mother

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

How can you have a community if you have no forums?

Sorry just confused here. Forums take around 30 mins to buy a domain and link it to a host then around 30 mins to upload and set up that is one hour to setup a new community.

Check mine out of at thevindicators.com been going strong for well over 10 years now. 18+ age from all over the world.

Originally posted by Mellkor

Go forth, Be humble.

It's all I did. While all the old folks were working I was playing the game. Of course I would be better than them at the game.

Our Website is now set up, as well as our forums.

Check them out!

http://www.tnwgaming.enjin.com