Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veteran Rewards promised on Dec 3rd.. Not delivered yet... original promise thread has been deleted.

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

So GMThea.... why was the thread where you promised the veteran's rewards deleted?  I am sure you remember the thread, where you promised special rewards for those who bought the boxed version of the game but SV never delivered the promised DVDs?

You said it would happen in a couple of weeks.  That was Dec 3rd.   The thread has been deleted...  so what's the deal?

3rd December 2011, 09:35

GameMaster

default Veteran Rewards!

Hi

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/6...an-reward.html

posted here so it'll show on the launcher.

Thanks

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

Please lock this tread before GMThea comes. She is the only GM out of any game that will come to this forums to start a super huge argument based on just his/her feelings.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

lock thread?! you got to be effing out of your mind, i NEED to see this unfold.

/throwpopcorninmicrowave.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

This thread is so wrong...but so RIGHT too.

Really interested in GMtheia's response.

Which may be wrong of me...but so right too...

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

The bottom line if Mortal Online sucks, I played it almost when it was released, at night time you couldn't see anything, very limited skill training restricting my game play, and fun I could have paying for the game was not worthit, and unless it becomes more like DarkFall, where I can learn all the skills i want to without limits I will not be returning to Mortal Online for any reason unless well maybe it will go Free 2 Play, but I even tried playing as a mage and the spell system was a joke.

I also do not like how the GM's abused their rights in the day with the clan sieges calling out exploits that were not exploits, and helping a enemy clan win, not only that but based on the video a GM gave away lots of free items to players and such cant be sure if that part was true myself, but Mortal Online GM's delete of threads on their own boards to hide stuff like this it gets very insane, and tells you the game company has a bad reputation and you should not even waste your time playing that game.

When Mortal Online becomes more like Skyrim I will return until then I am out.

• Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

lock thread?! you got to be effing out of your mind, i NEED to see this unfold.

/throwpopcorninmicrowave.

Same here. /sunchips

Starvault never ceases to amaze me. I get the feeling no one is getting thier vet rewards as promised...

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

So GMThea.... why was the thread where you promised the veteran's rewards deleted?  I am sure you remember the thread, where you promised special rewards for those who bought the boxed version of the game but SV never delivered the promised DVDs?

You said it would happen in a couple of weeks.  That was Dec 3rd.   The thread has been deleted...  so what's the deal?

3rd December 2011, 09:35

GameMaster

default Veteran Rewards!

Hi

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/6...an-reward.html

posted here so it'll show on the launcher.

Thanks

in the immortal words of every bad game company reply...

"soon"

~gets popcorn~

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Originally posted by Toxia

This thread is so wrong...but so RIGHT too.

Really interested in GMtheia's response.

Which may be wrong of me...but so right too...

Let's not assume the worst.  After all GMThea personally staked his credibiliy (his own words) on the fact that StarVault was going to compensate folks that ordered the boxed versions of the game and never received the promised DVDs. I think he even promised tiers of Rewards, based on who bought the boxed version, who was in beta, and how long someone subscribed. On Dec 3rd he said (again.. linked to his credibility) it would take a couple of weeks.  While it is now stretching the "couple of weeks" into a couple of months, let's give him a chance to reply.  I am sure that since he staked his own reputation on the line that he would have pro-actively updated the community if there was any hiccup.  Surely by now they have learned that simply deleting the thread does not make the issue go away...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GeroltGerolt Member Posts: 98

Inb4 language barrier & unofficial announcement

• MmorpgeriusMmorpgerius Member UncommonPosts: 56

Originally posted by Renoaku

The bottom line if Mortal Online sucks, I played it almost when it was released, at night time you couldn't see anything, very limited skill training restricting my game play, and fun I could have paying for the game was not worthit, and unless it becomes more like DarkFall, where I can learn all the skills i want to without limits I will not be returning to Mortal Online for any reason unless well maybe it will go Free 2 Play, but I even tried playing as a mage and the spell system was a joke.

I also do not like how the GM's abused their rights in the day with the clan sieges calling out exploits that were not exploits, and helping a enemy clan win, not only that but based on the video a GM gave away lots of free items to players and such cant be sure if that part was true myself, but Mortal Online GM's delete of threads on their own boards to hide stuff like this it gets very insane, and tells you the game company has a bad reputation and you should not even waste your time playing that game.

When Mortal Online becomes more like Skyrim I will return until then I am out.

No skill limits was one of the major downfalls of DF. Everyone was everything so everyone was alike. Will to grind was the only restriction.

Here are the applicable quotes from GMThea on these forums (which since not under SV control have not been deleted):

So I want to close this issue and if not in the original way as promised with DVDs with something else. 

As you asked -  I've got an official response from Henrik on this issue last night.  We had a long chat around this and some of the other issues you guys have been raising as well as some of the history too.  Henrik is really happy that there is this dialogue and is supporting me in trying to move through this.

So I am announcing today - here first - that we will shortly be rolling out Veteran Rewards to the Community. 

This is a direct response to the long awaited DVDs and an apology for not delivering on those as promised.  There is other history behind the DVD story that I’m aware of – but – let’s move on and try to put this one to bed.  It is obviously also something for the wider community and all of our Veterans - but the debate here has stimulated this. 

So I am very happy to announce that all Players from BETA and from the original Launch of Mortal Online will shortly be receiving a Veteran Reward.  We've pulled the list from the Shop  d/b yesterday evening and will be getting ready to implement this over the next week or so.   I’m not going to say what the reward is as I don’t want to spoil any surprises but it will comprise of in-game item(s) that are not available to other players.  I will at this point however remind you that MO is full loot full PVP; so if you lose it in-game it is gone!  It is possible these items will have special status - we need to work through that next week, and I will update you and the community as to how we're getting on.

I am telling you this now - rather than waiting a couple of weeks until we're ready.  I accept that there is a risk to my credibility if SV does not come through with this promise.  They will and I will too.  

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4587075 

So according to GMThea:

- They had already pulled the info on Dec 3rd

- They would be implementing in the next week or so

- He actually is the one that put his credibility and that of his company on the line

It's now been 7 weeks since his statement.  No update, but the original thread on the MO forums has mysteriously disapeared.     Interesting...

Your link will only make it easier for Theia to find and edit his own posting. So better take a screenshot. ;D

And credibility has no meaning for SV. They won't deliver because it were the people on here, their enemies, who asked for them to keep their promise. Henrick's emotional involvement doesn't allow fraternity with the enemy. I bet he personally said no. It's so damn funny. Oh man Henrick: You're like a constant fountain of hilarious fail.

• TGSOLTGSOL Member Posts: 274

I posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating:

Why do people keep supporting this game? Every week it seems there's a new thread wth titles like

"Yet another instance of GM corruption/dishonesty!"

"Another event gone horribly, horribly wrong!"

"This patch/expansion completely failed to deliver, just like the previous patch/expansion!"

"Dev's break yet another promise!"

Etc., etc.

It's like going to a restaraunt and finding rat feces and a man's finger in your food and then screaming "Oh god this is terrible, what a horrible restaraunt, see you next week," then continuing the dine there regularly.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

as far as i konw its still promised... your all making out as if they just went back on their word or like there was some eta on the veteran rewards?

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

[mod edited]

Obviously you aren't reading any other subforums on this site than the MO section then.

People don't play it. Well, around 150 of them maybe. And 30 at a time. There's just an unproportional amount of drama despite the low number of players because this is seriously unique.

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

Seems like typical SV. Promise to get props, but never deliver. It's a shameful corporation, even worse than SOE with NGE to me. Just on par with Cryptic.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Originally posted by deathshroud

as far as i konw its still promised... your all making out as if they just went back on their word or like there was some eta on the veteran rewards?

Seriously, the GM said they had the list and would begin implementing it in a week.  How is that NOT giving their word or an ETA?  Did you not read the underlined quote from the GM? 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• RussiannRussiann Member Posts: 24

It's SV what did you expect.... they fail everytime, no suprise 

• darthturtle1darthturtle1 Member Posts: 208

Come on guys there is only one reason they deleted the whole thread.  Just like they deleted the official statement by Opal about the disks.  They want people to forget about it.  The average MO supporter has a very short memory. 

One of the last things Theia said in the thread prior to deletion was they could not tell the difference from a boxed version buyer or a digital copy buyer.  Which I totally believe.  They have no experience in handling a business and I am sure they would not have the fore thought to think maybe at a later time besides the initial purchase we may need to know what they bought.

Theia had one response....

Old Today, 01:12

#7 (permalink)

GameMaster

This was discussed at a meeting last week, work is ongoing. There's some work to do around separation but the DB was fine. I'll try to get an update.

Old Today, 00:12

GameMaster

There's some work to do around separation but the DB was fine. I'll try to get an update.

What's the text in green even supposed to mean? Are they just hoping that random words look like a proper explanation? Might as well say there's something wrong with the flux capacitor.

Time passes and no Theia to be seen, no explanation, only vanishing postings. Alright.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Old Today, 01:12

#7 (permalink)

GameMaster

This was discussed at a meeting last week, work is ongoing. There's some work to do around separation but the DB was fine. I'll try to get an update.

How does a person go from saying "we already pulled the list from the DB and will begin implementing next week" to saying the above 7 weeks later?  It doesnt make sense, Theia said the list was pulled and would begin implementation and now 7 weeks go by and the only update is that they "discussed it at a meeting".  Is this what implementation means in their country, to wait 7 weeks and then bring it up in a meeting?

If it was discussed last week, why was no update given to the players?  Especially after you made a big deal out of it on the boards?

Why the half-truths and deleted threads?  Why nothing for 7 weeks until someone brings it up? 

This is the kind of thing that makes people lose any respect for SV.  It is the constant "We are coming out with this and it will be the greatest thing since sliced bread!" and then it either does not come out or it comes out broken and miserable (Sword of Tears and Dawn come to mind).

On the one hand, I feel bad that some people at SV want to do a good job and make the game what it should have been but on the other, I cant stand the poor business practices and frequent BS that representatives of SV are involved in. 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Originally posted by Gerolt

GameMaster

There's some work to do around separation but the DB was fine. I'll try to get an update.

What's the text in green even supposed to mean? Are they just hoping that random words look like a proper explanation? Might as well say there's something wrong with the flux capacitor.

Time passes and no Theia to be seen, no explanation, only vanishing postings. Alright.

I doesn't mean anything. I write SQL daily.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Originally posted by SHOE788

Originally posted by Gerolt

GameMaster

I doesn't mean anything. I write SQL daily.

I write English daily so I'll jump in.

I think he means separating players that bought the physical DVDs (or not so physical in this case) with the ones that DLed it. Language barriers FTL.

Also anyone that still supports this "game" deserves what they (don't) get IMHO. Fool me once shame on you, fool me for 1 1/2 years shame on your family and your education system. Vaporware does not mean the product does not exists. It means that you are not getting what your are (STILL??) paying for.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

[user edit] ;D

I find it humorous that the thread on the official forums was titled "Veteran Thread Gone" and the GM ignored that whole issue and just gave the boilerplate "working on it" response.

So there are really two issues here:

1.  SV again over promised and under delivered, even after their own representative put his credibility and that of his company on the line.  By his own words.

2.  SV still has apparently not learned that deleting a thread or references to a promise does not negate the promise or the issue.

• darthturtle1darthturtle1 Member Posts: 208

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

I find it humorous that the thread on the official forums was titled "Veteran Thread Gone" and the GM ignored that whole issue and just gave the boilerplate "working on it" response.

So there are really two issues here:

1.  SV again over promised and under delivered, even after their own representative put his credibility and that of his company on the line.  By his own words.

2.  SV still has apparently not learned that deleting a thread or references to a promise does not negate the promise or the issue.

Point 2.  You seem to forget that the core of the game now is the rabid fanboys.  SV can pretty much piss on thier faces and tell them it is new content and they will eat it up.  This is not the first time a thread was deleted and it will not be the last.  They delete them because the rabid core forgets about it. 

The Rabid Core is to blame for SV's faults if they actually held SV to the flame for every missed promise, under promised patch, every bugged patch or failed expantion then maybe we would have a different game.