Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

f2p client same as the one now?

MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

Does any1 know if the F2P client will be the same one as the one already released, or do we have to download a new one?

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Without knowing this for sure I would guess you will have to dl the new client since the game is now hosted by another company etc.

Harbinger of Fools
  • pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by MikeJezZ

Does any1 know if the F2P client will be the same one as the one already released, or do we have to download a new one?

New client and new launcher, and a the guy above m says it's up already to DL, which is nice and forward thinking of Gameforge IMO.

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

I should mention that the download s/w gives you the option to copy over the client files from an existing install rather than re-download the whole thing from scratch; the launcher than patches it to whatever version GF are using for the beta.

Still waiting to see if I actually get into CBT though . . . played Aion EU at launch but let my sub lapse after 5 months for a variety of reasons, planning to at least check it out again when it goes F2P, I gather some at least of the issues that drove me off have been fixed, but the major one was the insane lagspikes (far worse than I've had on other online games from the same net connection) which made the game completely unplayable.

• Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165

Originally posted by dancingstar

I should mention that the download s/w gives you the option to copy over the client files from an existing install rather than re-download the whole thing from scratch; the launcher than patches it to whatever version GF are using for the beta.

I did it and it got an error when copying the files. Didnt try it another time. Hoping a better version for this :)