Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well I resubbed and....

Its actually kinda fun..... Hopped on a high pop pvp server (bleeding Hollow) and rolled a rogue. Instead of just plaiyng on Ally like I normally do Ive been playing on horde. Yes there is still world pvp, but not as much. WoW is a very different game than it used to be and if you look at it that way will you start to have fun.  Don't look at what it use to be rather than what it is now. I do miss the old days, but to be honestly they even had their problems back then and the new ways things are done arent really "bad" just different.

Still a good game and im still having fun.... might reroll a druid tho lol. :P

Comments

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Wait untill you get to endgame, all the fun stops abruptly!

Unless you like raiding, then you will have a blast, for a few months at least, when you have done all the dungeons, you get to do them all again... and again... and again... and again......

• ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231

Eh I walways just go around the world exploring and questing when I dont feel like pvping... plus I like making Alts.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by Adalwulff

Wait untill you get to endgame, all the fun stops abruptly!

LOL, thats actually pretty funny!  The way I define an endgame is just that...the game ends and all the fun stops because its over.  Raiding for sets of gear will never be a satisfying way to continue developing a char.

You need AA like EQ, EQ2 and even Rift, or Merits like in FFXI that permanently upgrade your base stats and all your skills and abilities and such.  Or even the upcoming GW2 that has no endgame, where instead the entire game scales based on the zone and its level range and how many players participating, thus the entire game is one continuous and ever changing journey.

Anyway...

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

I resubbed too after a disapointing month in Swtor.

WoW even after 7 years feels fresher and more innovative than a month old MMO like Swtor.

My advice to the developers is to give up and stop copying WoW

My 2 cents.

• ShaunJ1380ShaunJ1380 Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by ste2000

WoW even after 7 years feels fresher and more innovative than a month old MMO like Swtor.

My 2 cents.

I did the exact same thing.

I took a good 7 month break from WoW. I played SWTOR for 15 of my 30 days. I signed up for the year deal in WoW.

I decided to reroll on a server I have never played on and level alliance as I had never done that in the 7 years I have been playing.

The very first thing I noticed was the games ability to give the illusion of size; swtor just feels so enclosed, and while WoW really is too they do a great job of making it feel like an epic open world.

I also came to appreciate all the things that I once thought ruined WoW. Like the dungeon finder for instance. I will never live without that again. Spaming LFG! in general chat is so 10 years ago.

Lastly I just love the art of Warcraft. Yes it's an old game. Yes it's "dated." Yet it still impresses me what they can do with that old engine. Some parts of the game just look and feel great.

In short. I love WoW.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by Zecktorin

Eh I walways just go around the world exploring and questing when I dont feel like pvping... plus I like making Alts.

Unfortunately I've played every single class and have done all the quests in Azeroth, Northrend and Outland on my main. I haven't done all the new replacement quests from cata though :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I re-subbed 3 months ago for one last play for old times sake before swtor, I am still playing, and still havnt installed swtor yet, the classes, world and pvp just hold my attention better than any western mmo.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

I came back just recently too. I was pretty down on Cata when it first released, but I think Blizzard have done pretty well changing it to something that feels "right" in relation to what has come before (a bit tougher than Wrath but not as tough as it was in January of last year..; the abrupt change was just a bit too shocking).

Even though my initial gripe of things still being too much on rails holds true, I really enjoy the storylines and how they are told. I think Blizzard's writers and game designers did a very good job of instilling this and a sort of flow to the story. The way they designed the world is just great overall. I love the artwork, even if it is cartoony. A lot of care went into making the world interesting to explore and look at.

Even so, I still long in some ways for the old days of just being able to kick back and fiddly fart in different areas like one could back in EQ, DAoC, AO, etc. I really miss being able to just go into a dungeon solo and kill some mobs rather than having to have a group to do dungeon content. I also miss DAoC's Darkness Falls...

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• Originally posted by ste2000

My 2 cents.

Make that my 2 cents as well and they go to Guild Wars 2 image just kidding lol.

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311

I got so bored I resubbed for WoW and went onto facebook...Dear God what my life has become...Well unless some miracle happens (ie Warhammer 40K happens or a NEW Star Wars game comes out) I am stuck with WoW and FB...

What WoW needs is a Tank full of ...hmmm... Sharks!  that I can jump over on my mounts for a bunch of acheivements.