Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When world of pandacraft comes out....

nethrillnethrill Member Posts: 122

I'm quite sure that will be the end of my subscription, and i've had one since just about day one. Though the expansion might appeal to some, as far as i'm concerned they're selling out and adding a huge layer of cheezwiz on top of what was once a very cool game. How long before people will be calling for a wow classic server?

Comments

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

I quit a while back, not because of pandas, but because the social aspect of the game had declined. The LFG and LFR had turned the world into a lobby system.

Regarding Pandas - I don't understand all the hate. You have werewolves, aliens with penises on their chins, elves, fish people and goblins. Why would Pandas stop anyone from playing WoW? If that's your only reason to keep you from playing, it isn't a logical reason.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Feel sorry for all the WoWers that have invested so much time in this game and then ultimately what they come out with is Kung Fu Panda edition?? WTH. I can't see that some people could be skeptic towards that. What really really nags me though, is how did they come up with that idea in the first place? Just can't understand it.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

I'll play. If I can put up with walking hamburgers I can put up with sugarcane eaters.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

+1 Teala

I can honestly say I don't know if I'm going to return to WoW for Pandaria, but nor am I upset about it.  What's not to like about Pandas, and whats with all the negative references to Kung Fu Panda ~ those movies and the cartoon are hilarious!

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

i personally think pandas are idiotic as a player race and think blizz only put them in to please the chinese gold miners, but also i remember the fun over belfs. the pure hate over them was amazing.

here's a quick challenge: has blizz released a race in an expansion that anyone liked?

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

I will buy the xpac and play with old friends, level my main to the new cap and maybe level a panda to see what they are like. Anyone who claims to be quitting due to the Panda race has either already quit or never played the game or perhaps they are afraid their buds will make fun of them. Im way past the need to prove how macho I am so why not?

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• EmhsterEmhster Member UncommonPosts: 913

I quit WoW a good time ago. When I look back and see what kind of drama is going on with that game I kinda feel sorry for what's left of it.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

I think pandas will very bad expansion.It will ruin wow as the a last shot.

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

That makes me a sad panda.

However I do agree with the WoW fans in Warcraft 3 the panda was Wardancer,Geomancer and Pikeman. So regardless of what anyone will tell you the Kung-Fu Panda is a 50% ripoff from the Disney Movie.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by headphones

here's a quick challenge: has blizz released a race in an expansion that anyone liked?

I really liked the female Draenei at first, but then after you get the long cloak and the way it swoops out and down the tail has become an annoyance...dunno why but it just irks me!    And then I really loved playing as a female Goblin...have yet to play the Worgen...

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

I liked the goblin race and blood elves.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Playing it now. been many moon's since I last played but so far I get a group evry few minutes. as far as pandas...oh well like some have said pandas are not the issue. making everything so easy to get now is just silly. but also it's an old game. after MoP you got the last xpac and it's retirement for WoW.

Blizzard banking on project Titan, so don't expect much after the last xpac but small content patches and the like. if you start yet another alt you have so much to do and see. thats 7 years of content if you like running groups. it's ok kids WoW is what it is, leave the old girl alone. she's not on life support but her former children are some real assholes.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

When Pandas are released in WoW this forum will stil be full of frustrated MMORPG players that do not want to play it, but Blizzard will be swimming yet again in money.

So I am sure they will care about you lot, by crying themselves to sleep every night.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Yeah, kind of surprising that Blizzard didn't expect the backlash of these panda monks. But maybe they thought it would be worth the gain they would get in the asian markets.

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by nethrill

I'm quite sure that will be the end of my subscription, and i've had one since just about day one. Though the expansion might appeal to some, as far as i'm concerned they're selling out and adding a huge layer of cheezwiz on top of what was once a very cool game. How long before people will be calling for a wow classic server?

Not some, it will appeal to a lot of people. This website was never known for happy and satisfied gamers.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

I recall this being one of the races many people expected before any information came out about what races BC would have.  I had never heard of them at the time, but apparently they have been in the WC lore already.  I don't really see the big deal here.  If they were already in the lore, then it's not like they put it out just cuz of Kung Fu Panda or something.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

How long before people will be calling for a wow classic server?

Not paying much attention, obviously. Pople have asked for classic WoW servers since day one after TBC, and they still do.

• feacfeac Member UncommonPosts: 127

How long before people will be calling for a wow classic server?

since the first expansion and after every one since.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    if I can accept ally having shammy and horde having pally, I can accept anything blizz throw at me, except p2w of course.

RIP Orc Choppa

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Originally posted by Kakkzooka

I quit a while back, not because of pandas, but because the social aspect of the game had declined. The LFG and LFR had turned the world into a lobby system.

Regarding Pandas - I don't understand all the hate. You have werewolves, aliens with penises on their chins, elves, fish people and goblins. Why would Pandas stop anyone from playing WoW? If that's your only reason to keep you from playing, it isn't a logical reason.

They are too cute for the western players, cute is for Asians.

Western players likes evil looking characters.........ever wondered why in every MMO the evil faction is always double the good faction?

We had it in WoW (then they had to add the Worgen and the Dranei to make  the good side less cute and more appeleaing), we had it in War, and we have this problem rifght now in Swtor where the Republic is far outstripped by Empire players.

The race choice is far more important to western players than you might think.

As you pointed out, WoW is already killing the player base with the excess of LFG and LFR tools, the Pandas might be the killing blow.

I could quit just because of that.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by DaSpack

Feel sorry for all the WoWers that have invested so much time in this game and then ultimately what they come out with is Kung Fu Panda edition?? WTH. I can't see that some people could be skeptic towards that. What really really nags me though, is how did they come up with that idea in the first place? Just can't understand it.

feel sorry for people like you that think we need your masked sympathy. If you stopped enjoying WoW, move on. Fantasy games will evolve within fantasy environments so if you were expecting the next expansion to beat Age of Conan with realism and rated M for mature content, i really feel for you, pal. Or cant you get over the fact that a western developer wants eastern content in its game? jelly? move on my friend. There are many other games to enjoy as well.

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

It's just that the western MMO playerbase seems to give any "cutesy" race a lot of flack. It's not even limited to games, really, this goes for all fantasy works.

Think Return of the Jedi and Ewoks! That movie got a lot of flack just because of the Ewoks and I'd say Ewoks actually are a big reason it's the sole movie in the classic trilogy that ranks worse than a movie from the prequel trilogy (which would be Episode III).

In WOW, Gnomes get a lot of flack for the same reason. You can see a lot of "Gnome-haters" out there! :) Likewise, whenever western players play imported Eastern games, they give small & cutesy races a lot of flack. 

So this is of little surprise. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by solarine

It's just that the western MMO playerbase seems to give any "cutesy" race a lot of flack. It's not even limited to games, really, this goes for all fantasy works.

Think Return of the Jedi and Ewoks! That movie got a lot of flack just because of the Ewoks and I'd say Ewoks actually are a big reason it's the sole movie in the classic trilogy that ranks worse than a movie from the prequel trilogy (which would be Episode III).

In WOW, Gnomes get a lot of flack for the same reason. You can see a lot of "Gnome-haters" out there! :) Likewise, whenever western players play imported Eastern games, they give small & cutesy races a lot of flack. 

So this is of little surprise. 

Indeed.

Also most of these Gnome haters play the game, so im sure a lot of the panda haters will either stay subbed or resub with MoP. IT feels like they just want to keep the flame burning on the forums too

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

It will never cease to amaze me how some people will have a go at something they have not seen any finalised gameplay of and of course never even played. This expansion isn't even in Beta and people are predicting how bad it will be......seriously?

The whole Panda thing is neither here nor there, it's a bloody fantasy game for the love of Pete! We have (as someone has already pointed out) giant cows and undead roaming about the place, but of course that is far more realistic than a talking Panda?!?

What it comes down to is the same as it has always been, if you don't like it, don't play it, but to put something down that you have never even played or in this case even seen any finalised gameplay on, well, what can you really say about that?

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.