Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The forum Turbine doesn't want you to see - lotrocommunity.com

Turbine mods have taken the recent action of removing any links to http://lotrocommunity.com from all signatures and posts.  The reason they've done this is because that forum is currently the one place where there is active discussion of how Turbine chooses to conduct business, for good and bad. 

Comments

• SkrankenSkranken Member UncommonPosts: 100

Cant blame them..

To me that forum seems to concist of mostly hate threads from people that dont play anymore. Would be kinda weird if they actually let people advert for a negative forum on their own official forum..

• TortanicTortanic Member Posts: 85

One thing that got me about Turbine/LOTRO was the cluster fuck of an account/login system.

I think I bought the game twice back in the old days just so I didn't have to figure out all the crap I used on creation to login.

• Snaylor47Snaylor47 Member Posts: 962

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Turbine mods have taken the recent action of removing any links to http://lotrocommunity.com from all signatures and posts.  The reason they've done this is because that forum is currently the one place where there is active discussion of how Turbine chooses to conduct business, for good and bad. 

I lost a few brain cells reading some of those threads.

I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I knew they would every major company does this when they make a huge mistake on an expansion that didn't live up to the hype. World of Warcraft was doing it for a time just after cataclysm came out when people end game realized that they put too much into the old world revamp and not enough into the cataclysm expansion itself (the end game activities and innovation part) there really was a large amount of content missing. When people realized just how much was missing they start flaming the forums about it and their mods went to work. It was only sites like these where the truth of what was happening could be expressed. I hope most players have the good sense to look elsewhere.

more on topic: Turbines horrible excuse for an expansion was the reason i left their game and seeing them put armor with stat bonuses into the game just makes me more glad i left when i did. Sad really, they could have just given crafters new designs that were easy to make instead of going the way of greed.

• Snaylor47Snaylor47 Member Posts: 962

Originally posted by itgrowls

I knew they would every major company does this when they make a huge mistake on an expansion that didn't live up to the hype. World of Warcraft was doing it for a time just after cataclysm came out when people end game realized that they put too much into the old world revamp and not enough into the cataclysm expansion itself (the end game activities and innovation part) there really was a large amount of content missing. When people realized just how much was missing they start flaming the forums about it and their mods went to work. It was only sites like these where the truth of what was happening could be expressed. I hope most players have the good sense to look elsewhere.

No not really, Sites like that are where QQs go to QQ more with other like minded people avoiding all objectisism while most people simply continue with playing said game in question.

LOTRO is more popular then it ever was now like, until recently WoW.

I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Well, their forums, their rules. Which is why I avoid company sponsored forums because they normally are over moderated and likely to be the last place you'll find an objective opinion.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

Originally posted by Skranken

Cant blame them..

To me that forum seems to concist of mostly hate threads from people that dont play anymore. Would be kinda weird if they actually let people advert for a negative forum on their own official forum..

people who dont play anymore have all the right for their opinion. if you quit the game cause what they did to it or did not its in all fairness that you can express your opinion OR is this the way that when somebody does something wrong you just need to swallow it and forget it and hide in corner? thats good way to change things isit?! 

i think its pathetic to remove free opinion comments and protect the game from harm of " haters " wich only express their opinion. and yet if you need for such an actions you damn right have done something wrong to upset players and are afraid to face the concequences.

happy chinese new year!  ^c^

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

People should have right to express their opinion and to discuss certain problems , especially if they think thats the reason for game to lack some good content or it is being ruined.

In the end,only good can come of does critics, if the heads in charge would listen and considered those voices.

Everybody would benefit, gamers and turbine alike.

BADLY PLAYED TURBINE! 

• DeemooreDeemoore Member Posts: 6

Ok I'm pretty sure it was my fault my account was compromised.

Guilty.

However, here's my point.

When my account was compromised I got an onscreen message saying You have been booted because you have logged on twice.

I could not log back in .. my password would not work.

Applied for password change had to authenticate myself with credit card info. Got an email with this message.

Greetings,

Thank you for your compromised account help request. Please review our Knowledgebase articles, linked below, for further information about Account Compromises and Turbine’s reimbursement policy.

This automated e-mail has been sent to let you know that we have received your help request. You will receive a response from the Turbine Customer Service Team as soon as possible.

Responses typically take 1-3 business days.

For information about Turbine’s Compromised Account Reimbursement Policy and information on how to request a reimbursement please review these two articles:

Compromised Account Reimbursement Policy

Compromised Account Reimbursement Procedures

Ok they knew a compromise had taken place ... Why not write some code that freezes transactions of a character until the authentic user is identified?

Three days later .. I log in with a level 1 character that had not been deleted and submit a ticket reporting the compromise and requesting my accounts back.

3 hours later .... I'm told to log off and back on. They are returned.

All inventory back in place .. NO GOLD.

I submit a ticket requesting a return of my gold ...

Your ticket is currently being escalated for investigation. Please note that all tickets are answered on a first-come, first-served basis. As long as your ticket remains open, it is still under investigation. Once your ticket is closed, all investigation will have been completed, and any reimbursement will have been sent to each affected character that has submitted an in-game ticket via in-game mail. Thank you for your patience while we look into this issue.

I've been waiting with an open ticket now for over five hours

I assume (because no one has been telling me anything) That the usurper logged on stripped the gold and deleted characters.

My point is ..... If the server has the cognizance to inform me my account has logged on twice why not immediately freeze all ingame transactions before someone has time to strip and delete?

I would suggest a LOCK on character deletion and LOCK on all character transactions when a compromise is suspected until an reply email has been authenticated and the true account holder is identified.

Remove the temptation and users won't be targets for hackers.

Still sitting here with an open ticket.

same post on forums

mmorpg forum post

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

There are many of us who won't use Turbine's official forum because they now require you to use your in game password to lof in to a server that has been comprimised (hacked) in the past. It's foolish to do so and I will not use their official forums until they get their act together and have us set a forum password in out account that is seperate from our game pass. Since Warner has taken over the company there have been some really foolish decisions made and that is why people are venting.

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Cant blame them..

This. The only time ive been to the official forums of any game is when im deciding whether to buy it or not and no that wasnt very helpful.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by m0lly

Cant blame them..

people who dont play anymore have all the right for their opinion. if you quit the game cause what they did to it or did not its in all fairness that you can express your opinion OR is this the way that when somebody does something wrong you just need to swallow it and forget it and hide in corner? thats good way to change things isit?! 

i think its pathetic to remove free opinion comments and protect the game from harm of " haters " wich only express their opinion. and yet if you need for such an actions you damn right have done something wrong to upset players and are afraid to face the concequences.

happy chinese new year!  ^c^

It goes back to the ole " how do you differentiate from a legitimate gripe vs a person that wants to spew the same shit daily"?

Having a say about something is fine....have at it. There comes a point in time though that folks simply need to STFU about a game they dont like, and move on to one that they do.

If a person were to read the TOR forums here, one would think it is the coming of the Anti Christ. However if a person is on the forum for a couple of weeks, it becomes apparant the same folks keep bringing up the same stuff.

Now rather than just a few folks seeing the train wreck, you would have an untold amount on O forums. It goes counter to Turbines interests to allow it on their boards, and even though I havent played since launch, I fully agree with them.  I wouldnt let folks in my FTP game spam a site link that features a hate vibe towards my game.

They could rag on my game all they want....they sure wouldnt be using my boards to advertise their hate site.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.