Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR ruined it.. ugh is there really nothing to fix the AA?

sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

as many issues as i have with swtor one thing I like is the engine supports via nvidia inspector sparse grid supersampling anti-aliasing which is for people who don't know a very good form of full screen super sampling which pretty much eliminates all jagged edges and the dreaded shimmering effect you get when moving.  For me I never really was bothered by the shimmering till I started playing games that support sgssaa or ssaa and don't have any shimmer at all... now in rift even with everything at max in game supersampling on I can not get rid of the shimmering its EVERYWHERE... the trees are the worst and its so bad I actually can't even play the game... im running at 1920x1080 on a 27" asus and the jaggies are pretty bad even with in-game supersampling but tolerable but the shimmering is killing me... i cannot find anyway to get nvidia inspector to work with rift at all... i'm pretty mad actually cause actually enjoy rift more than I do swtor and have 4 level 50s in rift but I came back for the free weekend and this shimmering is making the game unplayable for me.... anyone know anyway to get external AA from nvidia inspector working in rift or is the engine just not capable? makes me sad if engine is not capable cause it's really only thing keeping me from coming back..

Comments

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I'm no computer whiz. My knowledge ends at watching a video of how to make my own computer and putting the pieces together.  I guess that's better than some lol, but If I take all the graphic options to the maximum setting, this game looks awesome.  It's up there with Skyrim and Crysis 2, and better than Age of Conan, which used to be number 1 graphics-wise MMO in my book.  It's amazing how far you can see and the detail at far distances.  I can stand just outside Meridian entrance and see the Lantern Hook in Droughtlands....That's far.  And I can tell what it is because of the detail.  But like you said you have Nvidia, I'm using a new Radeon 7970 I just put in (yay christmas ^_^).

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

AA and eye candy destroys person, so I don't use it ever... No issues, and that allows me to say TOR looks horrible... ;D

• Snaylor47Snaylor47 Member Posts: 962

This is in RIFTS general because?

I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by Snaylor47

because its a question about rift,  did you even read my post?

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154

Originally posted by sanosukex

Originally posted by Snaylor47

because its a question about rift,  did you even read my post?

lol I guess he didn't.....  image

Originally posted by Gravarg

I'm no computer whiz. My knowledge ends at watching a video of how to make my own computer and putting the pieces together.  I guess that's better than some lol, but If I take all the graphic options to the maximum setting, this game looks awesome.  It's up there with Skyrim and Crysis 2, and better than Age of Conan, which used to be number 1 graphics-wise MMO in my book.  It's amazing how far you can see and the detail at far distances.  I can stand just outside Meridian entrance and see the Lantern Hook in Droughtlands....That's far.  And I can tell what it is because of the detail.  But like you said you have Nvidia, I'm using a new Radeon 7970 I just put in (yay christmas ^_^).

wow not sure what you are looking at when you play I don't have any issues with the overall look of rift but it's not even in the same league graphically to the games you mentioned... will agree draw distance is nice.... but either way if its something i could just ignore that would be great but the shimmering all over actual hurts my eyes and starts to give me a headache.. I dunno why now because when I played for 6 months I never had the issue but now it's so glaring and obvious I can't help look at it and nothing I have found gets rid of it..all I can think of since in SWTOR i run with 4x sgssaa it elimates all jagged edges and shimmering then tried to go back to rift it stuck out so bad... i have everything set to max, supersampling in-game on.. nothing gets rid of the shimmering I have tried so far nothing:( .... still hoping someone has some working AA bits for nvidia inspector that actually work.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Originally posted by sanosukex

as many issues as i have with swtor one thing I like is the engine supports via nvidia inspector sparse grid supersampling anti-aliasing which is for people who don't know a very good form of full screen super sampling which pretty much eliminates all jagged edges and the dreaded shimmering effect you get when moving.  For me I never really was bothered by the shimmering till I started playing games that support sgssaa or ssaa and don't have any shimmer at all... now in rift even with everything at max in game supersampling on I can not get rid of the shimmering its EVERYWHERE... the trees are the worst and its so bad I actually can't even play the game... im running at 1920x1080 on a 27" asus and the jaggies are pretty bad even with in-game supersampling but tolerable but the shimmering is killing me... i cannot find anyway to get nvidia inspector to work with rift at all... i'm pretty mad actually cause actually enjoy rift more than I do swtor and have 4 level 50s in rift but I came back for the free weekend and this shimmering is making the game unplayable for me.... anyone know anyway to get external AA from nvidia inspector working in rift or is the engine just not capable? makes me sad if engine is not capable cause it's really only thing keeping me from coming back..

See, this is all bull crap.

I don't know much about computers. I have a $125 Nvidia video card, I'm too tired to even look up the model, with only 2 gig of ram, and my computer is 4 years old. It plays Rift with everything maxed out, even Vanguard....No problems.

My friend is a computer genius and would know what your talking about, and has the best of everything. Yet he is always screwing with things and his game play is always messed up.

To make a long story short.........You have too much crap !!!!!

Originally posted by page

See, this is all bull crap.

I don't know much about computers. I have a $125 Nvidia video card, I'm too tired to even look up the model, with only 2 gig of ram, and my computer is 4 years old. It plays Rift with everything maxed out, even Vanguard....No problems.

My friend is a computer genius and would know what your talking about, and has the best of everything. Yet he is always screwing with things and his game play is always messed up.

To make a long story short.........You have too much crap !!!!!

not sure if you get what im saying or some people maybe do not notice.. when you move look at the trees or look at edges around things you the will see flicker or shimmer i guess is the better term. All games have it to some extent and depending on how good the AA is it gets better or worse.. with rift though the AA support seems so bad theres no way to reduce the shimmer.. I can reduce the jagged edges and make everything look better with in-game SS but it doesn't remove the shimmer.. for me it gives me a headache when you really start noticing this.. also why would I come here asking for help so I can actually PLAY this game again if I was lying? really people make no sense at all on these forums

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

I use the Nvidia panel settings and it looks way better than strictly using the game settings.  In SWTOR i forced AA in the "ini" file a few weeks ago and just left it as it looks superb.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

I think you can go into the Nvidia setting (in your control panel) and forcefully activate AA from the RIFT profile.

Google up "RIFT tweak" to find more details on this. I just remember seeing this when I was looking up for some graphical tweaks

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

hmm i thought i did try forcing better AA through the control panel but didn't do anything.. ill have to try enhance and not override perhaps that one will work I don't think it will though think this is a game engine issue.. damn trial is up... guess its a waist of $15 bucks if this doesnt work...