Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Congratulations to the Casuals...

You've succeeded in making WoW the drive-thru MMO.  When I say casuals I mean the give it to me now people.  The ones who think doing an extra quest is just too much work.

You got everything removed that may be an obstacle to your leet loots.  Any attunements, questlines, or other hurdles.  Now nothing has any value in-game.  Even legendary weapons are being handed out on a daily if not hourly basis.

You got cross-server instancing for not only the faceroll dungeons, but even for raids.  Now they are all just loot pinatas for any herp derp to join and afk in.  Forget about the social aspect of grouping in this game, it has been utterly smashed.

The content is so easy it's being eaten in up in a few days leaving players back at their usual resting spots in Org/Stormwind.

Does DPS matter anymore?  Does someone's healing skill make a difference?  How about a good tank, can you tell them apart from a bad one?  Nope, because it doesn't matter, you'll be zoning in looting, and zoning out.

So congratulations to all the herp derps and gimme mah loot mentalities, you succeeded in turning WoW into a snorefest with lootpinatas, be proud.

Comments

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

I feel like you just congratulated me on on 25th bithday when it's my 27th birthday. Old News lol. Welcome aboard though.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Okra dokra...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• MaelkorMaelkor Member UncommonPosts: 459

Uhm I am pretty sure that has been the Essence of WoW from its creation. WoW has always been about the "casual" give it to me now cheat code generation crowd. Thats why it has made so much money and why I will never play the game.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Originally posted by Maelkor

Uhm I am pretty sure that has been the Essence of WoW from its creation. WoW has always been about the "casual" give it to me now cheat code generation crowd. Thats why it has made so much money and why I will never play the game.

Huh?

Up thorugh BC (some will say through LK) it was epic and you earned your schievements, but then again you claimed you never played it.

• RaijukinRaijukin Member Posts: 63

i had a blast in bc and LK now the game is just... boring..

• TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

WoW has always been an easy mode MMO, yes I have played WoW.  The changes that have been made over the years has been a total let down for me since I liked the skill tree design it had in its vanilla years. Now you just buy the skill when you hit a  certain level.  There is no sense of uniqueness in your character since everyone raids the same place and everyone has the same items.   Dont even get me started on the quests. 

-I am here to perform logic

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

I can't hate on WoW, I played it for years but my family is now really enjoying SWToR.

WoW has had a great run, and still running and I believe is  a milestone in Western MMO players "evolving"

Kinda what I mean is that in China or Korea...MMO"s are a nation Sport

WoW has got it's foot in the door for people in America that love MMO's not to just be labeled as Lazy, live with parents do nothings. (nerds)

my hat's off to WoW, but my hat's on to SW.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Originally posted by Theonenoni

WoW has always been an easy mode MMO, yes I have played WoW.  The changes that have been made over the years has been a total let down for me since I liked the skill tree design it had in its vanilla years. Now you just buy the skill when you hit a  certain level.  There is no sense of uniqueness in your character since everyone raids the same place and everyone has the same items.   Dont even get me started on the quests. 

The skill tree system is more simillar to Vanilla now than it was in WotLK where there was massive tree bloat. MoP will be the major change to the skills. However, core skills have always been purchased via a trainer, and specific tree skills were obtained via talents.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Don't thank the casuals, and blaming your gripes on casuals is utterly retarded, but blame the illustrious Ghostcrawler.  WoW has been going down the draintube for years now ever since their top devs were taken on the WoW team and piut on the "Titan" project.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

Originally posted by BribarianI

You've succeeded in making WoW the drive-thru MMO.  When I say casuals I mean the give it to me now people.  The ones who think doing an extra quest is just too much work.

You got everything removed that may be an obstacle to your leet loots.  Any attunements, questlines, or other hurdles.  Now nothing has any value in-game.  Even legendary weapons are being handed out on a daily if not hourly basis.

You got cross-server instancing for not only the faceroll dungeons, but even for raids.  Now they are all just loot pinatas for any herp derp to join and afk in.  Forget about the social aspect of grouping in this game, it has been utterly smashed.

The content is so easy it's being eaten in up in a few days leaving players back at their usual resting spots in Org/Stormwind.

Does DPS matter anymore?  Does someone's healing skill make a difference?  How about a good tank, can you tell them apart from a bad one?  Nope, because it doesn't matter, you'll be zoning in looting, and zoning out.

So congratulations to all the herp derps and gimme mah loot mentalities, you succeeded in turning WoW into a snorefest with lootpinatas, be proud.

On a side note: You would be amazed at how many of these posts show up on the Warcraft forums and usually it will be the same people month after month after month sayng it.  Then it hits you: They are paying $15 a month to "spread the word" even though they know that the thread will get deleted within 30 minutes.  

If you dislike the direction the game is going, make a constructive e-mail/thread and then stop giving them money. Someone paying a sub=someone that is satisfied with the product. No ifs, ands, or buts, about it.  Stop paying and they'll eventually get the message that they messed something up.

• KingPinoyKingPinoy Member Posts: 55

WOOT i can finally have a life.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Who are you talking to? Casuals don't read mmo forums.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

you sound like the kid that gets a toy and goes to school realizing that everyone has it too.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

LOL .. all these QQing about nothing.

Did you actually KNOW the completion rate of raids?

It is posted on the main forum, go look.

Only 4% players completed DS normal mode.

Less than 0.01% completed DS hard mode

And even LFR is around 35%, not even half.

• citan79citan79 Member UncommonPosts: 86

Some say character uniqueness has been lost since vanilla... 

Yeah right.... characters have never been unique.  All charactrers go through the same gear progression.. all characters eventually end up with the same stats on gear and the same talent spec since day one. 

The only people who gripe about "casuals" are those who want to feel special.  At the same time I understand that since I worked really hard to get (for example)  crusader enchant or arcanite reaper early on.. only for it to be made more easily available soon after i acquired both.   

I was like WTF.. after a while i didn't even strive to get things i just waited till it was handed to me since what is the point of working hard if the bar is lowered ALWAYS.. and if people notice a pattern it is usually lowered JUST BEFORE new content/gear is released. 

It is all about pleasing all sides of the spectrum, both casuals and "hardcore"

People have fallen for it for years but now the time between content/gear is so fast that it seems that it is just being handed out like candy... but really cata is just that easy... and the hard parts of it are fewer than before then nerfed. 

I quit wow  because it felt like a tread mill.  The pace at which to stay up top was so fast that I had to perpetually play day in and day out to keep up only to have to grind for new gear or to grind up a new class because the devs broke yours for either pve or pvp.   I never really swapped classes since i was a die hard warrior i would just quit till they showed love to warrirors which was usually at the beginning of xpac then promptly crushed into oblivion again mid xpac. 

If i could grind up gear and know it would last me a good year or so before I had to set forth on grinding again even if the grind took a year i would be okay with it  because i would know that a year grind means a year up top.  

I love wow but i hate that it feels like a job.. treadmill whatever.  I am so happy I am about to go a year without it.   just waiting for march 22.....  so i can celebrate a whole year without wow since 04.  

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Originally posted by Forumtalker

Originally posted by Maelkor

Huh?

Up thorugh BC (some will say through LK) it was epic and you earned your schievements, but then again you claimed you never played it.

No... It was not... BY that times standard WoW was a pushover walk in the park.

This have been a good conversation

• Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192

wow was a casual players wet dream before it even released.  thats like blaming beer drinkers for bud light, lol.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

Originally posted by nariusseldon

LOL .. all these QQing about nothing.

Did you actually KNOW the completion rate of raids?

It is posted on the main forum, go look.

Only 4% players completed DS normal mode.

Less than 0.01% completed DS hard mode

And even LFR is around 35%, not even half.

These figures were about the same during Vanilla, so obviously making everything easy and accessible wasn't the answer to this question.