Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did they dumb down the graphics?

starwarsnutstarwarsnut Member UncommonPosts: 230

I tried f2p the other day and the graphics appear to be really dumbed down and god aweful bad. Maybe it just me. I did like the game but killing the borg queen 2 million times as end game content was just sigh... I see we cant still play as borg or even the romulans as they were planning on doing. Anyways its something to play when swtor's down = /

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

No, they tightened them.

Were the graphics smarter to use before?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

you think they would spend work on making the game look worse?

Nah, it must either be you or your computer. 

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Originally posted by starwarsnut
    I tried f2p the other day and the graphics appear to be really dumbed down and god aweful bad. Maybe it just me. I did like the game but killing the borg queen 2 million times as end game content was just sigh... I see we cant still play as borg or even the romulans as they were planning on doing. Anyways its something to play when swtor's down = /

It could be because they re-implemented dx11, but that's off by default I think. Anyway, if you want to turn on dx11, be wary if you have a radeon card. I seem to remember a dev posting in the forums that they were having trouble with dx11 and radeon cards.

Other than that, the graphics were never "dumbed down".