Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertising and pubic hair

Hello MMORPG

I can remember the hidden nipple-gate discusion on these forums, but this is hilarious :P

The large background commercial for Conquer 2 clearly shows a man who cannot afford a belt and a razor :)

Anyway I don't care (I'm European), but this is kinda of funny considering the previous complaints about commercials.

(I just noticed a pierced  male nibble too, I should stop looking at that picture since I consider myself straight lol)

please don't ban me

40 Year old couples and gaming. Toons borrowed from Cyanide and Happiness.Text is Yours truly. Paint ftw :)

Comments

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by ZX81Spectrum

Hello MMORPG

I can remember the hidden nipple-gate discusion on these forums, but this is hilarious :P

The large background commercial for Conquer 2 clearly shows a man who cannot afford a belt and a razor :)

Anyway I don't care (I'm European), but this is kinda of funny considering the previous complaints about commercials.

(I just noticed a pierced  male nibble too, I should stop looking at that picture since I consider myself straight lol)

please don't ban me

Even ladies need something to stare at.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316

the perfect solution:

resize your browser window so you don't see the character on the left and right.

• ZX81SpectrumZX81Spectrum Member Posts: 39

Originally posted by dronfwar

the perfect solution:

resize your browser window so you don't see the character on the left and right.

I know, I know :) . It was just a funny observation. I'm guessing that he lost his eye to an infected piercing too :P

40 Year old couples and gaming. Toons borrowed from Cyanide and Happiness.Text is Yours truly. Paint ftw :)

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

that's not pubes bro its lower stomach hair

big difference

• TotTWriterTotTWriter Member UncommonPosts: 54

Originally posted by Shivam

Hello MMORPG

please don't ban me

Us "ladies" don't all want to spend our forum time staring at some stripperific "buff" bloke having a stretch on the side of the page. 

Still, it's their loss. There's nothing that puts me off a game more than advertising it based on the promise of near nudity. 

Reality Bites. I'm only Barking

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

What a weird discussion. :)

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Yeah, some of the artwork in these ads for F2P games is simply atrocious. The Conquer 2 stuff isn't that bad, but the Dragona ads were just hideous and way out of proportion.

And I'm sorry, but that is NOT lower stomach hair...

• ZX81SpectrumZX81Spectrum Member Posts: 39

Hehe, maybe it all boils down to envy. I would not mind having a build like that guy (I know my wife would not). At least I still have my  hair (on me scalp I mean! and....ahh dammit :P)

Anyway just trying to inject a wee bit of humour in these grimm times :)

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

The dude's been out on the open sea without intimate company for months. Can't blame him for being a little desperate right? He's asking for trouble from the rest of the crew though.

Also it seems this game can has both ninja's and pirats. That makes up for a lot right?

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

The incredibly gay pirate with the disdain for underwear is quite distracting, and god forbid anyone at work actually sees that.

Please remove ASAP,

thanks.

• ActusActus Member UncommonPosts: 48

Yeah... anything south of the happy trail is definitly not stomach hair... lol.  And is that a plate mail cod piece?  The only protection he's got... besides his nip armour of course.

Aurelion-Ellwaen-Aulric

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

Originally posted by TotTWriter

Originally posted by Shivam

Hello MMORPG

please don't ban me

Us "ladies" don't all want to spend our forum time staring at some stripperific "buff" bloke having a stretch on the side of the page. 

Rofl, +1 for 'having a stretch' - exactly my thoughts when I first saw the bloke. Given the choice between the ninja who looks like he means business and the pirate posing for his next swimsuit shoot...pass me the bloody sai >_>

• HatewallHatewall Member Posts: 120

All of the artwork from that marketing series is atrocious. From the 10-12 head high humans to the overt sexual nature of it.

Come on mmorpg.com

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by ghettobooste

The incredibly gay pirate with the disdain for underwear is quite distracting, and god forbid anyone at work actually sees that.

Please remove ASAP,

thanks.

You are not supposed to be browsing gaming forums while at work image

I didn't even notice until you guys called it out, but then near naked pictures of males don't really draw my attention.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

I look forward to the day when skin, of either gender, is no longer an issue for anybody.

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

I guess he's an Asian pirate because that's definitely nothing to brag about in terms of stomach body hair.

hell, I never shave and I've got 10x that (you probably didn't need to know that)

and why is it that all of the adds on mmorpg.com look like they've been drawn by a 12 year old anime fan while day dreaming in his math class 

people pay a lot of money for advertisment here, but they really should pay more money to their arists I think

PS that pirate has an outtie too, I'd never play a game where pirates have outties...cause outties are gross

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

Yeh, i have had to resize my browser window, as if it's not some manga girl with her baps out, then it's a nipple-pierced emo pirate with his nads almost out, which would probably get my into a meeting at work, with the theme of "look, what you like outside of work, that's fine with us...however homoerotic it is...but..." lol

• ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

Originally posted by Vegetto

Yeh, i have had to resize my browser window, as if it's not some manga girl with her baps out, then it's a nipple-pierced emo pirate with his nads almost out, which would probably get my into a meeting at work, with the theme of "look, what you like outside of work, that's fine with us...however homoerotic it is...but..." lol

Rofl !!

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

I had to read the OP post, look at the ad, then read the OP post again before I even understood what was wrong.

I think there's nothing wrong with the ad. The problem is people who are hyper-sensitive and see inappropriate material everywhere.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

He's just trying to be Jack Sparrow.

Unfortunately the effect more resembles Fast Freddy and the Playboys.

Need less face metal and more mascara, Jack.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

There is another thread I moved over from The Pub. Locking this one as it's the same topic. http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/338626/page/1 - open thread

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.