Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscription Issues.. Subscribed with no subscription?

A good friend of mine is bringing me back into the game... and despite my issues with the game I have nothing better to do and told my friend I would play pretty much co-op with her. 

anyway so I placed in order on paypal for reoccurring  sub and when it went through paypal it came back to the star wars website with an error.. I tried again same thing. I went into paypal and saw i had two active reoccurring payments scheduled for $0.00. I cancelled one and let the other one stay active. Now if I log into the star wars site it says under my account

"You have Subscribed"

but if I click on subscription on the right it says

"Your play time will be ending soon. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code."

and under payment history it just says "There is no account activity to display"

oh and yes I can get into the game and play just fine

i posted this on official forums and sent email to customer support just seeing if anyone here had this issue.

Comments

• teoyaomiquiteoyaomiqui Member Posts: 98

I also former-subscribed with paypal account, and cancled subscribtion a week ago, and still, i am subscribed, and i can play the game...

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by teoyaomiqui

I also former-subscribed with paypal account, and cancled subscribtion a week ago, and still, i am subscribed, and i can play the game...

lol so strange i guess ill just go to paypal and cancel the second one and see how long I can play

The only thing that i am afraid of is that they are going to charge me anyway. I've tried to cancel it, so i am sure that no error will happen, but couldn't, tbh, this is a worrisome issue to me...

The only thing that i am afraid of is that they are going to charge me anyway. I've tried to cancel it, so i am sure that no error will happen, but couldn't, tbh, this is a worrisome issue to me...

thing is if you cancel the active subscription off paypal's website they can't charge you because if they request the money paypal will reject it.

I hope so. haven't used paypal for 3 years before this game...

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

Yesterday it stated that I was out of time.  Today it states:

Your play time will be ending soon. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code.

I verified that I can log in,  Maybe they gave everyone some courtesy time?  Either way I won't be subscribing or playing today.  I'm also bummed that they didn't perform a valour rollback.

• Professor78Professor78 Member UncommonPosts: 610

Blimey, It didn't take long to go free to play did it... ;)

Core i5 13600KF,  BeQuiet Pure Loop FX 360, 32gb DDR5-6000 XPG, WD SN850 NVMe ,PNY 3090 XLR8, Asus Prime Z790-A, Lian-Li O11 PCMR case (limited ed 1045/2000), 32" LG Ultragear 4k Monitor, Logitech G560 LightSync Sound, Razer Deathadder V2 and Razer Blackwidow V3 Keyboard

heh yea cancelled both my paypal sub's and took it off the star wars website itself under my payments and still can get into the game just fine:)

just got my email back about this issue just going just milk it till I can't log in anymore.:P I love the part in red obviously shows they had no clue what I was talking about in my email and just used a generic response.

Greetings

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0 of Human-Cyborg relations. 

Thank you for contacting us regarding your account issue. This issue can appear due to out-dated or incomplete account information. In order to make sure that your Account is up to date we would like you to follow these steps:

If you do not have a Star Wars: The Old Republic account please complete steps 1 and 2, if you already have an account, please skip to step 3.

1. Create an account on https://account.swtor.com/user/register

2. Fill out all the requested contact information

3. Set up your 5 security questions to protect your account (https://account.swtor.com/user/security-questions)

4. Redeem an official Game Product Registration Code here: https://account.swtor.com/user/codes. Please note: This is different from your Pre-Order Code. Your Product Registration Code is the code connected to the Official Game.)

5. Sign up for a recurring subscription or enter a Pre-Paid Game Time Code. 

For detailed information on completing these steps, please see our Help Center article here: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/3498

Please note that we do require a valid payment method to be attached to each account, even though you should not be billed (beyond a small authorization fee that will be refunded) until your 30 days free game time has elapsed. 

We ask for a payment method to be attached as further proof of identity and to discourage fraudulent account creation. Adding payment information now also ensures that there will be no interruption of your gameplay when the thirty days granted with your purchase expire. 

We apologize for any misunderstanding or inconvenience caused, and we look forward to seeing you in-game.

Galactic Support is our speciality…

Sincerely, 

Protocol Droid M0-T0

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Seems that some accounts aren't updating properly on the website. Wonder if this is related to the missing "cancel" button some have been reporting?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia

Seems that some accounts aren't updating properly on the website. Wonder if this is related to the missing "cancel" button some have been reporting?

possibly but just weird its showing me as subscribed on the first page when you go to "my account" but I have no payment in there and when you click on subscriptions still says time is almost up even though its past the 30 day mark.. whatever ill take my free time

They haven't charged me yet, and I see "You are subscribed" picture, payment history is empty, and play button is active, so i guess i can play...

imageimageimageimage

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

guess they just dont want you all leaving at teh same time, or maybe its f2p already! :)

couldn't resist.

They haven't charged me yet, and I see "You are subscribed" picture, payment history is empty, and play button is active, so i guess i can play...

imageimageimageimage

mine looked like that but just checked this morning though and now it shows no active subscriptions and can't log in.. so oh well

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

I have experienced a similar thing with other MMO's when using paypal. It seems to take some time for Paypal to update the MMO properly or something. There always seems to be a bit of a lag between updating paypal and it showing on your account.  Mostly the MMO wont even know about it until they try to request the money and it gets denied. THEN they update the info on the account page. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom