Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pubic hair in ads now?

TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

What's the deal with Conquer 2's ad on this site?  If you're going to start showing male bush then I want to see female bush also.  

Comments

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

What you got one stuck in your browsers teeth? I hate when that happens.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I believe it's called the "happy trail", not quite full-on man bush.

Truthfully though, it offends me too, so I'm all for equality and shit. I demand female bush too!

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by GTwander

I believe it's called the "happy trail", not quite full-on man bush.

Truthfully though, it offends me too, so I'm all for equality and shit. I demand female bush too!

Treasure Trail ;P

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I'm stumped.  I don't know what demographic that ad targets.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

Gay males, females and the Asians?

{mod edit}

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

Ever heard the old saying...if you sit down at a poker table and don't know who the gay pirate is after, the answer is you.

Yeah, the ad is fruity enough for me to swear off pirates forever.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

We really need another thread about something so silly?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/338625

And yes, treasure trail. Big deal. Last year I sat in a hotel room in Paris and got to see cocks and tits flopping about freely, during the day time, for a commercial about something stupid. I think it was like, yogurt, or something. I don't speak french *shrug* Point is to grow up a bit. As for equality, talk to me when there's a male version of this game available to play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTFxXzHW81c

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

The above image is just as stupid as the gay pirate. Sometimes I wonder about some people.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

I want to know how you even notice such things.

Originally posted by bartoni33

The above image is just as stupid as the gay pirate. Sometimes I wonder about some people.

I agree. Not to be a prude but the idea of 'less is more' when it comes to armor in games these days has gone a bit overboard. If you think that's bad, you should see some of the other characters from that game. The medic's upper armor is basically just a shoulder guard connected to nipple armor.

My point is, women have always been hyper-sexualized and people just get over it. But a dude is drawn baring abs and a treasure trail and people act like they're in third grade.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

Originally posted by CalmOceans

How did you notice this thread?

The same senses are at work here too.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

And yes, treasure trail. Big deal. Last year I sat in a hotel room in Paris and got to see cocks and tits flopping about freely, during the day time, for a commercial about something stupid. I think it was like, yogurt, or something. I don't speak french *shrug* Point is to grow up a bit. As for equality, talk to me when there's a male version of this game available to play:

I see penis, vagina and breasts all day every day at work.  I've seen thousands of each.   But there is a time and place for everything.  This is not the time or place for man bush.

Oh, and there is no bush in the picture above.  Let's see some female bush then.

I agree. Not to be a prude but the idea of 'less is more' when it comes to armor in games these days has gone a bit overboard. If you think that's bad, you should see some of the other characters from that game. The medic's upper armor is basically just a shoulder guard connected to nipple armor.

My point is, women have always been hyper-sexualized and people just get over it. But a dude is drawn baring abs and a treasure trail and people act like they're in third grade.

Oh I'm no prude either, just ask my 2 exes and the girlfriends that came inbetween them!

I just do not like sexuality shoved down my throat like that pirate is threatening to do with his... ya know.

The first thing that came to my mind was - "holy hell, they made a Queen's Blade game".

There's never been a more sexually awkward IP than that one, ever. You have to have respect for something that has acid lactating bunny-women in the first 5 minutes of the animated series. That kind of batshit crazy doesn't seem to happen often enough.

Cause it's the top thread oO.

I didn't "notice" his pubic hair until this thread pointed it out and you really need to be looking in the direction of his *censored* to notice it.

The first thing that came to my mind was - "holy hell, they made a Queen's Blade game".

There's never been a more sexually awkward IP than that one, ever. You have to have respect for something that has acid lactating bunny-women in the first 5 minutes of the animated series. That kind of batshit crazy doesn't seem to happen often enough.

Acid lactating bunny women........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Originally posted by Terranah

I see penis, vagina and breasts all day every day at work.  I've seen thousands of each.   But there is a time and place for everything.  This is not the time or place for man bush.

That's great, so do I. I get to stare at it all for hours on time for anatomy classes and 99% of the time it's people that really have no right to be naked in front of others. But what he's wearing is no less ridiculous than the armor you see on chicks in TERA, and I'm sure once those get displayed all over the place, you won't see people complaining.

Also, yes, they're actually making an MMO based on that. I couldn't believe it either, though it won't involve anything from the anime evidently so you probably won't see anything as wild as acid boob milk or the infamous 'penetrating snake' bikini, but it certainly won't be for the kids. Although who else would have the rampaging hormones to appreciate that kind of game, who knows.

I just didn't "notice" his pubic hair unless this thread pointed it out and you really need to be looking in the direction of his to notice it.

Do you have a small screen?  On my 26 incher it's huge.

Oh it's anime. I take my statement back.

Another culture I will not make judgement calls on. To each their own.

• Kaisen_DexxKaisen_Dexx Member UncommonPosts: 326

Glad I'm not the only one.

I just didn't "notice" his pubic hair unless this thread pointed it out and you really need to be looking in the direction of his to notice it.

That's what she said?

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

What the hell are you talking about?  Every damn AD and game sexualizes women.  It's about time we got some nice man flesh to oggle.

The artist did a fabulous job with the adonis belt and happy trail.  Very, very sexy.

Oh it's anime. I take my statement back.

Another culture I will not make judgement calls on. To each their own.

It's actually a pen and paper board game inspired by hot chicks in combat and their sexventures, then it became comics and anime.

=+ the more you know.

I have a 23'' screen, and if you're talking about the pirate to the right, his little line of hair is almost unnoticable, it's a tiny line running from his belly button. 

I really don't understand how people notice such things and make a big deal out of it unless you are actually interested in such things.