Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Merge threads instead of locking?

maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member EpicPosts: 10,967

Every now and then we get multiple threads with the same general topic,  and eventually one gets locked... and usually its the one thats more active.  Instead of locking it, could we just merge topics... maybe just add the less active thread to the OP and lock that one? Or add the less active thread to the last post in the ACTIVE thread instead of locking the one everyone is discussing.

I mean, I spend all this time writing these amazing posts, as I'm sure everyone takes note of... checking all my facts on wikipedia, and running it through "teh interwebz spellchekr" it would be a shame for my amazing posts to be buried in a one active, but now locked thread.

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

If their merge system works like most boards then it would end messy and confusing as it would order the posts from both threads by date and time of each post. Fine on small threads but on this site they can stretch for miles.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,551

We don't actually have a merge system, unfortunately. :( Locking and redirecting is the best we can do. Sorry!

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB