Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Thoughts on DCUO | Suprisingly Good

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by I_Return

After failing to find any fin  in Funcoms Age of Conan, I decided to give DCUO a try. I didn't know anyting about the game or follow development, THe only thing I did was the cast of charaters that live in the dc universe. What really grabs you is the iconic-ness of these characters, unlike Chanpions online or City if Heroes who have some what generic or lesser known heroes/viillians, DCUO has the iconic characters like Batman, Wonder Women, Superman, joker ect. Having these characters creates a better sense of immersiveness for my playing experience.

The content is way more interesting then I would of thought. The story arks are well done and the when you defeat a boss you get a neat little comic movies at the end.  The leveling is very fast, and is should be with pvp being the main focus of the game. Any pvp oriented game should have very fast leveling in my opinion.

The game world is scenic and familar, but the biggest differenceis villians and heroes crossing in questing areas, all the time. This was the point where I wa slike "awesome". Even when getting ganked by higher levels, the thought of returning revenge was engulfed, and It made me want to level faster and do more. Character graphics are SOE quality, they really upped the anti on how good a superhero game could look and how to let player continually accessorize after the charcter was created. All of the color palletes  worked great and found the customization of the character after creation even deeper with each peice of armor I've collected.

All in all i've thrilled with the game, it is the best superhero mmo I've played and I will be playing for a while.

i agree wholeheartedly. im in a similar situation as you in relation to this game.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• StSynnerStSynner Member Posts: 123

The game itself is decent but there is a really good reason that it went F2P so quickly and if you PvP at all... you will see it soon.

ive been pvp'ng since level 4 and haven't run into any problems yet. however i do know there has been a hack problem. so far, so good. /shrug

i'lll enjoy it while i can i spose.

Originally posted by chelan

ive been pvp'ng since level 4 and haven't run into any problems yet. however i do know there has been a hack problem. so far, so good. /shrug

When the game went live you could throw a stick without hitting a hacker or exploiter. SOE refused to do anything about it so after the first month the game became a ghost town.

Originally posted by StSynner

Originally posted by chelan

When the game went live you could throw a stick without hitting a hacker or exploiter. SOE refused to do anything about it so after the first month the game became a ghost town.

good ol' SoE. well at least their consistent >.<

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

I agree, up til' about the last sentence.  It's a blast til' you run out of content, which is PDQ. 

But maybe PvP will keep you going for a while.  Enjoy!

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

Interesting.  Glad you find it fun.

I disliked it for many of the reasons you liked it.  Certainly did not find it to have staying power.  I was not impressed with the poor writing and presentation of the iconic characters.  I didn't care for the action-twitch gameplay and its poor translation from the PS3 to the PC.   I thought they did do a nice job in how they let you play the iconic characters.  Character creation was very sup par for the genre.   If I was more action oriented, or mainly a PS3 player, it would probably have scored more points. 

Add in a host of hacking and PVP issues, and this was a no go for me.  With so many other free offerings....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0

Originally posted by I_Return

If I did a comparison between SWTOR writing and DCUO writing, story wise, DCUO wins hands down. I've also researched the voice actors for the game as well, and they are hollywood star power.  Mark Hamells doing the Joker and women from Serinity  doing Wonder Women.

The voice acting is top notch, and doesnt feel generic like SWTOR.

They brought in a lot of A list talent for DCU. Jim Lee was the art director for crying out loud! lol. The games production value was really high... it just wasnt handled well after launch. And that was their biggest mistake.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0