Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STO Revisited

KrasnijKrasnij Member Posts: 40

Dear community,

After i got Cryptics e mail that i may play STO for free as an past subscriber, i went for it, and now after nearly 2 weeks of playing i have to say its more fun then ever and there are 2 major points that changed for those who were dissapointed when the game came out. 

1) Some of the Story driven episodes have been rewritten, they got multiple choice dialogue and voiceover, its a shame not all episodes share that level of quality, but its really nice hearing a klingon singing while he flys into suicide...

2) duty officer system, a surprisingly fun minigame, its like havin 100 pets who you send out for missions, and there is a lot to do in the universe for your duty officers. Thats the best new point, i really feel  like a captain, i send my crew to do stuff, i dont have to be there, they can die like red shirts or be injured, you get currency/xp/and or items for these missions.

space combat hasnt changed a lot, flying my science vessel is as fun as its always was. ground combat got an overhaul. its better, still not perfect, but enjoyable.

STO as a pay to play, , wasnt good enough, for a free2play, its a blast and a lot of fun. There is even endgame content now...

C Store offers a lot, but most of it is cosmetic and not necessary, just some interesting tier5 ships. but no game braker if you dont invest anything.

so thats my 2 cents on STO

have fun best regards!!

Comments

• ShardWarriorShardWarrior Member Posts: 290

I would be curious to hear your thoughts about STO after you have reached max level.  It is also noteworthy to point out that the "remastered" episodes are few in number, and the Featured Episodes are the same for both factions.  So if you play through once on a Federation character, the bulk of your Klingon episodic content is the same.

• KrasnijKrasnij Member Posts: 40

Hello there,

i already hit max lvl with  my science officer, i tried the Borg 5man STF instances , space and ground, i found out that the horribly bugged rebecca Borg encounter i tried back then is now doable without warping and 10 sec respawning borgs. i have to admit that my equpiment is far to be standard for Heroics, but im doing the runs to get some.

With the episodes , you are perfectly right, the remastered are great, and the new ones, old content feels .. boring , going through the cardassian storyline is far from being interesting.. but ok. i hobe breen and undine will do nice.

Endgame content is the same as every mmo as i see it, farm instances for equipment so you can farm heroics for equipment. gotta try pvp , which was by far the most fun thing back then. but im afraid my fresh science officer in his science ships gets shot to shreds by every bird of prey out there.

what i miss is a new faction. i always hoped there will be romulan/jemhadar or even borg playable.

lets see, so far im playing with friends and thats fun enough, and still working as free2play. not  buying anything through the c store , since theres nothing i would really need. my old toons even got the big inventory space and bank...

so have fun best regards!

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by Krasnij

Hello there,

i already hit max lvl with  my science officer, i tried the Borg 5man STF instances , space and ground, i found out that the horribly bugged rebecca Borg encounter i tried back then is now doable without warping and 10 sec respawning borgs. i have to admit that my equpiment is far to be standard for Heroics, but im doing the runs to get some.

With the episodes , you are perfectly right, the remastered are great, and the new ones, old content feels .. boring , going through the cardassian storyline is far from being interesting.. but ok. i hobe breen and undine will do nice.

Endgame content is the same as every mmo as i see it, farm instances for equipment so you can farm heroics for equipment. gotta try pvp , which was by far the most fun thing back then. but im afraid my fresh science officer in his science ships gets shot to shreds by every bird of prey out there.

what i miss is a new faction. i always hoped there will be romulan/jemhadar or even borg playable.

lets see, so far im playing with friends and thats fun enough, and still working as free2play. not  buying anything through the c store , since theres nothing i would really need. my old toons even got the big inventory space and bank...

so have fun best regards!

they said after the dominion war series of patches they would be adding romulans as the next faction, this was right after the PW takeover so i hope it holds. Science ships have gotten a boost since the first days of this game. Stealth for feds is actually doable now. Although you could just buy the galaxy X and stealth anyways but the mask energy sig usually works well for me. I think tho you would have more fun on ground since it's revamped it's pretty fast now.

• KrasnijKrasnij Member Posts: 40

ground combat is a lot more fun now yes, i even tried to fight with a sword on my tactical, hilarious chuck norris moves on a borg drone, always makes me giggle behind my monitor. 

ill try the mask energy signature, science consoles with stealth buffs are so cheap, ill give it a try, atm im going a gravity well build with photonic officer to speed up the cd time. a lot of fun, especially in the FED mirror event, watch them all crumble on one spot is cool.

best regards!