Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Locking of Thread Conversations...

2»

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by Ikeda

Just curious if anyone has noticed that constructive threads that are spawning interesting back and forth are being locked?  In particular, lately it is from people who have issues with the recent ToR launch.  Whether you like it or hate it, CONSTRUCTIVE feedback is essential. 

Yes, and no.  Feedback to Bioware or EA is essential.  Even feedback on TORs site could be productive.

Here? Not productive, talking at the wrong people.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

You can imgine what I think of this thread, I wont say anyhing more.

Theres ignore buttons on this website, use them if you need to, you dont got to read everything.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by MikeB

Originally posted by Kyleran

I have to agree, the moderators would be better served by removing offending posts/posters and leaving the threads alone.  It gets to be a slippery slope when mods are allowed to close/lock/delete threads as this is based on their personal whim and just IMO is done far too often.
    While appealing the locks sometimes works, on many occasions the locks are permitted to stand (deletions can't be recovered after the fact regardless) and over all it stifles discussion on the forums, which I never like see happen.
    There is no bad discussion as far as I'm concerned and if a thread contains a topic I'm not interested in or going down a road I don't care for, I just ignore it and move on. 
    Unfortunately, others can't seem to do this and take it upon themselves to shut it down in the name of troll hunting.
    Only trouble is, trolls only exist in fantasy realms, but can't seem to get people to realize it.
    What most people call trolling, I call discussion.

We do remove posts from threads. Threads are generally only locked if they've gone too far off course/into the deep end.  Also, deletions CAN be recovered.

We do not lock on personal whim. Locks are done for a reason as I explained in the response above.

I have to disagree on that last part. I had a thread on the off topic forum deleted and banned, with no replys in the thread so there were no arguments. The thread was on my opinion that Halloween remake was better than the original. I was banned for spamming, for some strange reason. Yeah the ban was lifted, but I got another ban for making a thread addressing the ban rather than email. But the point still is, the mobs lock and hand out bans on personal reasons. I can't help that a off topic mod hates the remake, so felt I was trolling/spamming. This same mod behavior is happening in the forums for the games.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Moderation has been stricter in the last couple of years. It needed to be. I've been warned about 10 times all in the last couple of years. All of the warnings I have received were justified by the rules. I may not have like receiving those warnings but they were valid. I've had to adjust my posting style and will probably have to adjust it more.

This is MMORPG.com's backyard. It isn't mine. If I want to hang around for the free beer in their backyard then I'll try to follow their rules. Most of the time anyway.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Appreciate the feedback, but please don't necro threads, guys. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.