Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saga Stormreaver re-roll/start fresh!

RaganaRagana Member Posts: 458

"Do you remember a time when a 2k crit was something to get excited about?  Before the blood elves and the draenei entered the game? There was a time when a casual gamer would crap his jorts just thinking about leveling those last ten levels to 60.  The game was harder, more hardcore, and often times a hell of a lot more inconvenient than the current version. But that was how the game was and we liked it, damnit.  The game may not have been as easy but there are hordes (no pun intended) of people who would love to take another swig of that murky vanilla WoW air."

Introduction: this may come as a shock to you (and to me as well honestly...) but a couple of us want to give Azeroth one last run-through. It has been almost 3 years since Saga quit the game and I can honestly say I miss those epic fights in Tarren Mill. I miss the endless onslaught at Crossroads and I especially miss being able to run through a living, breathing world. This will be extremely casual. No serious raiding, no serious pre-mades or any of that jazz. For those who are interested, we'll be trying to bring back some old-school flavor and attempt to re-create a Vanilla WoW experience.

If it's something you think you would like to participate in, please, post in this thread here:

http://friendlyfiregaming.net/topic/4651757/1/

You must be registered and active on our official site to gain a spot on our roster www.FriendlyFireGaming.net

Our history:

Formed back in 2003, Saga has had an overwhelming presence in every single MMO of the decade. With the goal of providing a mature, adult-only environment, we build fame (and infamy) as a no B.S. guild.

Our mission statement:

Before you start, our general rule set is the same for all games, regardless whether it's hardcore PvP or casual raiding.. That being said, we understand that WoW is a different kind of beast and some customs go out the window. We are firm believers of the "If you are red, you are dead" policy and we will enforce that. Guild members always come first, keep that in mind. While obviously the extent and the PvP mechanics of this game are different, we will make due with what we have. Now, without further ado:

Saga is organized, helpful to its members, and a great community where like-minded gamers have fun and work together as they explore everything the Galaxy has to offer. We use the forums and our Vent server, as well as in-game clan chat, to stay connected.

Saga is not a one trick pony and as a result, we do a bit of everything. Both PVE and PVP will be a part of what we do, and of course crafting.

In our opinion, the people make the clan, and we are looking for mature gamers who share our idea of what a clan should be. Some of the core ideas of Saga:

• - We believe that working together makes us all better players. We share information and help to educate new members on the game.

• - We work for a positive reputation within the game. Every member is a representative of Saga at all times, and we want people who will contribute to our good name. We want to make a contribution to the WoW community as a whole.

• - We have a great sense of humor, and we have fun. We also respect each other, and insults or jokes mocking someone's race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, etc. are not okay.

• - We can be skilled players without taking ourselves too seriously. We play the best we can, but we always remember it's a game.

• - We recognize that real life comes first, and while we want active players for our community, you'll never be penalized if real life takes you away from the game for whatever reason. If you're removed from the clan for extended inactivity, you're always welcome to rejoin when you come back.

Most Saga members, both men and women, have been gaming for many years and have played multiple MMOs. We view ourselves as more than just a guild--we're a gaming community. If you like what you read here and think you might be a good fit, please fill out an application here on the forums.

We think choosing a guild is an important decision. We're not a zerg guild and we would rather have a small tight-knit group than a shapeless mob of strangers. Feel free to talk to any of our officers in game, post on the forums, or pop into our Vent server to get to know us before you make a decision.

Thanks,

Tommy

An introduction post to the PvP community:

It's pretty obvious that PvP is not the main focus of the game and the mechanic itself will most likely be be more a niche then anything else. Looking at the current guild list, I see many great PvP guilds that were both great allies and adversaries to Saga.

It seems every year, with each new MMO released, a select few guilds travel from game to game looking for the best possible PvP and a new virtual world- one to call their home for good. Scrolling through the current list I see many familiar names such as Ruin, Fist of the Empire, Imperium, Shadow Wolves and numerous others- guilds that I both respect and despise. While the PvP community might be the minority in SW:TOR, I am very confident that these heavy hitters will make it a competitive one.

As for Saga, we formed all the way back in 2003. Going official on the Chilastra server in Star Wars Galaxies, Saga has been making their presence known in every major MMO of the decade. With the firm belief of an adult-only, mature gaming community, we always kept our numbers very small and extremely exclusive. With a member retention rate of almost 100%, a gaming family, rather then a guild, is a more suitable world to describe us.

For every major MMO event, chances are that Saga was there. We were present during the infamous Illidan Funeral Crash (yes, we were the no-good scoundrels wrecking havoc to Scat Man..) we were the first Age of Conan guild to hold a server wide keep siege and our guild was the one to work with the developers to hold the Matrix Online shut-down event.

All that being said, were just a small drop in the bucket of an ever-growing PvP community. Over the years of leading Saga, I seen dozens of amazing guilds break and scores of new ones form. I met some of my best friends in guild-hosted lan-parties and created memories for life. I hope our experience in a galaxy far, far away is just as amazing and fun-filled as it has ever been...

Thanks for your time and I hope to get to know all of you,

Tomas aka Ragana

Saga

Requirements:

1. Watch your language. We have families in our clan and you will behave yourself in a respectful manner. If it slips out, it's not the end of the world. If we see it happening deliberately, you will be kicked from Saga. Were not the Navy, don't talk like a sailor.

2. Be mature. Our Guild consists mostly of older gamers, including female players as well, so don't be acting like an idiot. Think before you speak.

3. Don't put Saga in a bad light. Your actions reflect our whole community!

4. Be respectful to the officers. They all have the power to kick you so don't be a wise guy (or gal).

5. Have respect for the other members. Most of us have been around from the start and throwing insults at someone's face is not the way to make friends around here.

6. Forum activity is required. You must post at least once a week to be considered active in the Guild. If we don't see you, we kick you- simple as that.

7. Using Ventilo is a requirement (if there is an issue, talk to an officer in private and we will work something out.)

8. You must be 18+ to join the Guild.

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Comments

• GoddwynnGoddwynn Member Posts: 49

Sounds Great

Count me in

I'll be signing up Now

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

First rule, is language?   You're a "PvP-exclusive" guild.  And require 18+

Best of luck to your guild mate, but your requirements conflict with logic and reality.

• RaganaRagana Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by Painlezz

First rule, is language?   You're a "PvP-exclusive" guild.  And require 18+

Best of luck to your guild mate, but your requirements conflict with logic and reality.

It worked for us for the past ten years :)

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Everything is going great! We have around 15 active members playing right now. if any of you are still on the fence, we could definitely use rogues/priests :)

Veni, Vidi, Vici

• dagon3dagon3 Member Posts: 117

Sounded good until the , you have to post once a week , shouldnt playing active in game daily be enough?

Kicking someone for not posting on a forum , no thanks remember its just a game.

Respect , language i understand but theres a few rules in there that remind me of being in the navy.

Otherwise sounds ok.

Originally posted by dagon3

Sounded good until the , you have to post once a week , shouldnt playing active in game daily be enough?

Kicking someone for not posting on a forum , no thanks remember its just a game.

Respect , language i understand but theres a few rules in there that remind me of being in the navy.

Otherwise sounds ok.

All our guild info is sent out via a weekly newsletter. You see that newsletter only if you post once a week. It's the easiest way for all the guildies to be updated.

Veni, Vidi, Vici

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Nostalgia is a bitch =/ Good luck, but I feel what you are looking for can no longer be found in Azeroth.

• DecoyTrooperDecoyTrooper Member Posts: 239

Why Alliance, why? >:}

Originally posted by DecoyTrooper

Why Alliance, why? >:}

Hehe, we wanted to roll Horde as well but it seems all the CST servers are heavily, and I mean heavily horde favored. Playing underdog is fun :)

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Were at 30 members strong. It's never too late to join :)

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Were still looking for additional officers!

Veni, Vidi, Vici