Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Updated list of Upcoming Sandbox MMO

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
Would be helpful to have a list of upcoming or in-development sandbox MMO, for the sandbox fans.

many of them are constantly complaining about a lack of sandbox MMO. Well maybe if the site had a updated list of these upcoming sandboxes, than the community Wouodnt be in so much rage.

LIST

*Archeage

*Fallen Throne

*The Secret World

*World of Darkness

*Darkfall 2

Hey add on to the list!!!

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• ManasuManasu Member UncommonPosts: 212

Embers of Caerus

Pathfinder Online

Life is Feudal

Origin

Dawntide

Otherland

Factions

(?) Copernicus Project

(?) Gnostaria

Update: FYI, Sandbox sometimes is not something objective. I mean ArcheAge or Pathfinder online, and definitely The Secret World are games that some people (including me) don't really characterize them as sandboxes.

Sandbox MMORPGs that are not very well-known but definitely worth a look:

Ryzom, Haven and Hearth, Xsyon, The Repopulation, UO private shards, Mortal Online, Darkfall 1 remakes (New Dawn or Rise of Agon), RPG MO, Project Gorgon, EQ: Sanctuary (custom  server)
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I don't think The Secret World is really a sandbox game. It has some sandbox features, but the world itself is very much a theme park. At best it's a hybrid game.

** edit **
    Salem - seems to be very much a sandbox game.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre