Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP Cheats and Hackers

I am really enjoying PvP in Swtor, just find it fast, fun and a real blast (I am not a big PvPer normally but SWTOR is converting me).

However last night I saw my first confirmed PvP cheats. I play on the Hidden Beks server and I have had my suspicions before but not being a PvP pro I thought probably was due to people being better geared than me. Then during an Alderaan match I saw blatant speed hacking and wall clipping. Now today I have read a few posts and it seems these are minor compared to other cheats that have been used for a few weeks now.

I really hope the Devs get on top of this situation and start dishing out perma bans for any players caught. The PvP cheats were big part of what ruined Aion for me so I hope they will be dealt with asap in SWTOR.

(as a side note the amount of bots camping the chest spawn points blatantly in Illum is a disgusting embarassment for Bioware as they can be easily and quickly dealt with)

Comments

• AfterlifeAfterlife Member UncommonPosts: 256

Can't be worse than DC Universe Online :D

They'll get the hacks patched up. Those are always a very high priority, for most MMO companies...

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

dont really know what you talking about.. i do pvp daily and only found people using 2 or 3 exploits so far... so.. not that many exploits/hacks out there for the game.

One is the wall walking in the towers wz, another the speedhacking yes and another related to opening the doors in the Wz.

The problem here is that unless you recording the fight video, its hard to proove someone doing them.. and even so i doubt BW would ban the offenders based on a player made video.

Lets hope they eventually fix it.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • SatansPuppetSatansPuppet Member Posts: 55

I'm on HIdden Beks too and I love our WZ community... they calls me SINDAR on the Republic side :)

I've not witnessed anyone cheat yet. Well one person on the Empire side standing in the doors on Voidstar.

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

Sounds like the Call of Duty of mmos.

People are even hacking in the single player space shooter, as it's client side. They get 4-7 levels per nights via afk.

This is just another reason as to why I enjoy the sandbox games. The community is so much better, e.g., less kids, less cheaters, and less crying. They are still there, but not nearly as many.

SWTOR is out of hand. This game seems to have been built for the young...and that's exactly what they got.

That's really not fair... I've met a bunch of folks on TOR that are always happy to play and form groups.

Sure WoW has created this epeen instant gratification MMO gamer that is just sooooooooooo annoying, it disturbs me but at least TOR isn't catering to them with Server First achievements and all that. I hate that... "Oh we were the first..." - "Well congratulations you now have another 24 months to wait for the expansion and new Flashpoints" :P

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

The speed hacks are adjustable. Most will adjust their hacks to run slightly faster than basic run speed, so it's hard to tell. But that extra speed boost will give a huge advantage.

• StruggsStruggs Member Posts: 205

Originally posted by EduardoASG
    dont really know what you talking about.. i do pvp daily and only found people using 2 or 3 exploits so far... so.. not that many exploits/hacks out there for the game.
    One is the wall walking in the towers wz, another the speedhacking yes and another related to opening the doors in the Wz.
    The problem here is that unless you recording the fight video, its hard to proove someone doing them.. and even so i doubt BW would ban the offenders based on a player made video.
    Lets hope they eventually fix it.

What exactly is the wall walking in Alderan? I jump the walls from east or west to mid using given terain, not sure if I understand this wall walking cheat or exploint. I did see someone all the way on top of the walls by the damage power up in the middle, highest wall in the game I think and I was like how the hell did he get up there. It looked like he was jumping into the cornet bc you could see his name tag popping up and down a few times then boom he was on top shooting down on people heading to the middle or underneath.

imageimage

Apparently there's a sweet spot wher you can move through the wall. Not the wall jump :)

• StruggsStruggs Member Posts: 205

Originally posted by SatansPuppet
    Apparently there's a sweet spot wher you can move through the wall. Not the wall jump :)

Oh, not sure if I have seen that but I will def. keep an eye out for it those damn cheating imps, jk.

imageimage

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by precious328

People are even hacking in the single player space shooter, as it's client side. They get 4-7 levels per nights via afk.

This is just another reason as to why I enjoy the sandbox games. The community is so much better, e.g., less kids, less cheaters, and less crying. They are still there, but not nearly as many.

SWTOR is out of hand. This game seems to have been built for the young...and that's exactly what they got.

I don't think you've played very many of the sandbox games currently out.  There are a lot of worse cheaters in sandbox games, not to mention a lot more of them.

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

maybe it wasnt a speed hack but someone just exiting from combat and getting the sprint boost?

I've never seen any hacks used in PvP

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

*Sigh*

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 124

Yeah it was a definate speed hack he was moving at least double the speed I can go even with my speed boost turned on after picking up the speed boost buff, Also the clipping was exactly that they sort of shake back and forth very fast 4 or 5 times then pass through the wall or floor in Alderaan, very annoying.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I only seen one guy so far using a speed hack (he made it rather obvious I suppose). It made for a really short huttball match, him capturing all 6 balls in less than a min.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by maskedweasel

I don't think you've played very many of the sandbox games currently out.  There are a lot of worse cheaters in sandbox games, not to mention a lot more of them.

You just say this out of the blue or do you have some actual, rational reasons why sandbox games would have more/less and worse cheaters?

It could be because most sandbox games are created by indy companies and as thus have less resources to find and ban cheaters and squash bugs which allows for cheating. However that has nothing to do with sandbox per se.

• DracillDracill Member UncommonPosts: 158
    The interesting question would be.

Did you report the cheaters or did you search the hacks to do it yourself?

By the way, I played APB that's a good example of a game destroyed by it's players.
  • DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 124

Report obviously for 2 reasons.

1. I hate cheats

2. Why would I bother posting here about it if I was now doing the same DOH!!

Originally posted by Yamota

You just say this out of the blue or do you have some actual, rational reasons why sandbox games would have more/less and worse cheaters?

It could be because most sandbox games are created by indy companies and as thus have less resources to find and ban cheaters and squash bugs which allows for cheating. However that has nothing to do with sandbox per se.

My point was specifically that in comparison to the current sandbox titles on the market, they have more hacks, I didn't say that it was inherent to sandbox titles.  Thats why I said "sandbox games currently out"  not "every sandbox title imaginable".

And if you want me to post the hacks of current sandbox titles I could do so,  but I think we both know they exist in great supply, be it due to an indy company or just poor coding.

• DracillDracill Member UncommonPosts: 158
    First of all

THANK YOU!!!

by reporting you are doing the game better for everyone.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

The speed hacks are adjustable. Most will adjust their hacks to run slightly faster than basic run speed, so it's hard to tell. But that extra speed boost will give a huge advantage.

They also can do 'quick bursts' where you will notice the character shaking violently then 'teleporting' forwards about 10-20 meters. You can see it on Youtube.

People that do this usually play Inquisitors / Sages. There was a guy doing it in warzones last night and he claimed that it is 'Force Speed'.  I told him that my main is a Sorceror and he is full of shit, Force Speed wont make you shake then teleport forwards out of a stun while you are trapped on a flame vent.  He then ran at 5x speed over to the heal consumable after scoring a goal.

I just hope Bioware fix this client side farce quickly and ban anyone caught using these programs. How sad do you have to be to rely on these cheats to win?

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369

Alot of people in swtor are mistaking speed hacks for desync. Like the guy above me.

If you see someone shake violently then teleport 10 meters infront, that is desync and bioware are aware of the issue i'm told.

(I'm not saying there aren't cheaters in swtor btw, because there are cheaters in all games.)

• rymanryman Member Posts: 227

My point was specifically that in comparison to the current sandbox titles on the market, they have more hacks, I didn't say that it was inherent to sandbox titles.  Thats why I said "sandbox games currently out"  not "every sandbox title imaginable".

And if you want me to post the hacks of current sandbox titles I could do so,  but I think we both know they exist in great supply, be it due to an indy company or just poor coding.

You're done. Just admit you were wrong and get over it. Big deal, you're like everyone else in the new wave of MMOs since the dawn of World Of Warcraft.

Originally posted by ryman

You're done. Just admit you were wrong and get over it. Big deal, you're like everyone else in the new wave of MMOs since the dawn of World Of Warcraft.

{mod edit - links removed. Please don't post specific exploit demos or hacks}

Those are just a few, and I'm not wrong just because you don't like what I'm saying.  Believe it or not, I like sandbox games,  but don't try and tell me they have less hacks, or hacks that aren't nearly as bad.  Not all hacks are inherent to sandbox titles, but thats not to say that current sandbox titles don't have hacks, which is exactly what I said in my first reply.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

Not sure if serious.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Originally posted by Xasapis

I only seen one guy so far using a speed hack (he made it rather obvious I suppose). It made for a really short huttball match, him capturing all 6 balls in less than a min.

Which of course never happened. The ball would have respawned before he could get back and there is always someone camping the respawn.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)