Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still growing, what now?

I'll check back next month when it's supposed to be "F2P" but so far it's growing in subs daily.

Sorry but it is, give it a try you might even like it.

Comments

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by rdrpappy

I'll check back next month when it's supposed to be "F2P" but so far it's growing in subs daily.

Of course its growing in subs daily, its not possible to lose a sub until saturday.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

dont sweat it if america and eu dont play (good luck with that taught already at 2 million)asia alone will have 5 million player playing it

• LoekiiLoekii Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by teakbois

Of course its growing in subs daily, its not possible to lose a sub until saturday.

I think by March, we will have a good idea which direction TOR will be heading - up or down - as it will clear out those that purchased and canceled after the first month, from those that are going to stay and resub.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Not saying it isn't growing but how would you know if it was?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Tried it, didn't like it... pushed myself to try it for longer because I really wanted to like it but the more I saw the more I disliked it.

It's a good single player game and that's about it.

As far as subs are concerned... there's A LOT of people who are just playing it because it's Star Wars.. they hardly care about ineficient mechanics, bugs or lack of substance... they'll play it because it's Star Wars... so sub numbers should remain high.

Numbers don't make it a good MMORPG though.

..Cake..

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by Distopia

I second this question.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Yeah, if this was a post saying the game is bleeding subs right now I would ask for proof.

Im pretty sure there is no way to know this either way, and there is no way to prove it.

All I know, is that my server has a very healthy population. I can't say if it is growing or not though.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by maskedweasel

I second this question.

You can't lose subscribers before free month is over.

Originally posted by dubyahite

Yeah, if this was a post saying the game is bleeding subs right now I would ask for proof.

Im pretty sure there is no way to know this either way, and there is no way to prove it.

All I know, is that my server has a very healthy population. I can't say if it is growing or not though.

Yeah that's basically where I am coming from, I haven't noticed a significant drop at all, but at the same time with the way the game is set up it's hard to see anything when it comes to population outside of my guild's activity.

Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by maskedweasel

I second this question.

You can't lose subscribers before free month is over.

Such a usage doesn't have to be so "by the book" or literal. With every box purchase a "sub" is made, so in turn those can grow or shrink on creation/cancellation.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

That's what she said.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by DistopiaSuch a usage doesn't have to be so "by the book" or literal. With every box purchase a "sub" is made, so in turn those can grow or shrink on creation/cancellation.

When you cancel your sub, you lose the sub after the payment period expires, not immediately.

No subs are lost yet...

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by lizardbones

That's what she said.

LOL

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

Originally posted by Gdemami

Such a usage doesn't have to be so "by the book" or literal. With every box purchase a "sub" is made, so in turn those can grow or shrink on creation/cancellation.

When you cancel your sub, you lose the sub after the payment period expires, not immediately.

No subs are lost yet...

I go buy the school of thought that any purchase that doesn't result in a sub, is in turn a lost sub, as they've lost that player.

I go buy the school of thought that any purchase that doesn't result in a sub, is in turn a lost sub, as they've lost that player.

Purchase = Purchase fee + 1 month subscriber.

If I subscribe for 6 months and cancel immediately, company will lose the subscriber not before 6 month period expires.

It does not matter when you cancel, what matter when you do not renew your subscription. Only then the subscriber is lost.

• 69Cuda69Cuda Member Posts: 251

Still growing ..what now.

As for TOR still growing, my prediction is some people will not continue on after their month is up.

So it will decline some. I predict it will either decline massively , not so massivly, or not bad at all. 

I also am willing to bet  that it will retain somewhere between 1 -10,000,000 players.

I also predict at least 5 upcoming articles about the game on multiple web sites praising the game as well as deriding the game in the next 2 years.

I know for a fact ( and you can take this one to the bank) that TOR will have more than 2 servers come next week. (And that at least one of them will be a European one)

Delving deeppppp into my crystal ball I also see that this game will be compared to WoW.

You can PM me for more insights if you like but at this point I will have to start charging and refering people to my 1-900 number.

Hope this helped :)

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Servers aren't as busy, and their seems to be a lot less people on the planets, when I travel around, but its not going f2p...I just don't think it is going to have anywhere near the retention numbers the fans say it will, or the loss the haters say it will....

I think it will probably settle in around 1 million world wide, after 6-7 months, unless they change something, but I don't think the same old thing is going to cut it.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Originally posted by 69Cuda

Still growing ..what now.

As for TOR still growing, my prediction is some people will not continue on after their month is up.

So it will decline some. I predict it will either decline massively , not so massivly, or not bad at all. 

I also am willing to bet  that it will retain somewhere between 1 -10,000,000 players.

I also predict at least 5 upcoming articles about the game on multiple web sites praising the game as well as deriding the game in the next 2 years.

I know for a fact ( and you can take this one to the bank) that TOR will have more than 2 servers come next week. (And that at least one of them will be a European one)

Delving deeppppp into my crystal ball I also see that this game will be compared to WoW.

You can PM me for more insights if you like but at this point I will have to start charging and refering people to my 1-900 number.

Hope this helped :)

Worked out well for Ms. Cleo and Dion Warwick!

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

Yeah, TOR won't be f2p...not for at least 5 years would be my guess.  But what may very well happen, and I expect it to actually, is that there will be an item shop on top of the subscription model.

You heard it here first.

• Fenrir767Fenrir767 Member Posts: 595

I have noticed that their are less people on since after the Holidays however my server is just jam packed on the weekends still with everything bustling from PVP queues to raids etc. So i think we are seeing a lot of people split their play time if they stil have a game they are subbed to and also people getting back to work and school. However only time will tell.....

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

People are playing less, this is logical after release and holidays,  and both xFire and SWTOR arena reflect that. It means there is not an income of new players to compensate for old players playing less, so how is it growing?

Also, Bioware has not yet announced the 2M mark. Nor the 1.5M mark, although maybe they won't announce that one.

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Coming from a guild that has over 100 people we had 50+ active people per night during the holidays, we now have 40+ almost every night.  Not seeing any type of major drop off like other MMO's at this mark(sub time)

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Like I said in another thread, this would be an awesome B2P game, at least till D3 and GW2 came out. Thing is I had always planned on playing all these games, and I was really jacked about SWTOR ( since 2006) but like B.B. King "The Thrill is gone"

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Crusix221Crusix221 Member UncommonPosts: 100

I've never hit cap in any mmo after playing them for 10 yrs (got close in vanguard) but I just may in SWTOR I keep coming back so far

• Zookz1Zookz1 Member Posts: 629

They already need to merge servers IMO. They have Warhammer syndrome in terms of the amount of servers they have open. I play on Whitebeam Run (pop on server select says standard), an EST server. During primetime I never see more than 40 people on Imp fleet. The highest population I've seen in a single zone was on Dromund Kaas, and that was about 50 people. I was in Corellia and there were 6 people in the zone. The thing that really pisses me off is that they're seperating PVP queues for 50s. Really looking forward to waiting an hour to get into a WZ.

I'm not saying the game is dying (I quite enjoy it), but they can't keep the servers they have full, so I don't think it's growing as much as you think it is.

This discussion has been closed.