Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Work and Taxes

killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694

For those with knowledge about this subject, here is my dilemma:

I work in a state separate from where I live, and am unsure which state my taxes will fall on. And if they fall on the state I work in, but not live in, will the state i live in force me to pay in?

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

Comments

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

Hey man, how is the job going?  As for taxes, I think you get taxed on your home residence ( I think), otherwise it would be a nightmare if you bounced all around the country and had to track all the job locations... etc...

I just got back from a 9 day job in Montana, it was cold and windy as hell, kinda dangerous if you don't pay attention to doors flying and slamming around.  Other than that, first trip went very well, was cut and capping ore.

Anyways, my perdiem is tax free, which is really nice, and I have the same question about international work outside of country.  Does anyone else know this information?

thanks! =)

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

My understanding is that one pays income taxes to the state it was earned in, but all property taxes are paid to the state/county they are physicallly in (for homes) or registered to (vehicles)

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• McDougles1McDougles1 Member Posts: 35

I'm so glad I live in a BIGGER country that has only 13 different provinces/territories. 

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Originally posted by McDougles1

I'm so glad I live in a BIGGER country that has only 13 different provinces/territories. 

Yes, because the twenty people crazy enough to live in Nunavut and the Northwest territories REALLLLY needed the extra space. Everyone halfway sane in your country is huddled near our borders, for warmth I suspect. :P

Mostly just kidding, I actually wouldn't mind retiring in Ontario, great country, great people.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• jorgeajorgea Member Posts: 1

It wouldn't make any sense to get taxed where you live.  You get taxed where you live.  I think you are asking the wrong crowd here at http://www.mmorpg.com   Stop by a tax related website to be 100% certain.