Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion F2P in Februray: who is going to revisit?

13»

Comments

• niteflynitefly Member Posts: 340

I actually liked the challenge in the game. I'll most likely come back.

• ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

n o spells no!

• ruejacobsruejacobs Member UncommonPosts: 41

Nope. I'll never play that game again.

I got hacked when I was visiting my daughter in the hospital as she gave birth to my first Grandchild in 2009. All of my passwords and secret questions with answers had been copied by the hacker from my computer and then deleted. Of all the MMORPGs that I played at the time, Aion had the absolute worst policy I had come across. First they banned my husband's account when he contacted in-game support to report the hacking (he literally was following one of my hacked characters around as it botted its way through mobs in the game). Then they let him back in, but refused to acknowledge the hacking. So I called them up. If I recall correctly, it was not a toll-free number. I waited a long time, long distance to talk to a representative. Once I got a representative, I was told that using the game code printed on my purchased game was NOT sufficient to establish that it was indeed my account. I must be able to produce the answer to the secret question which had been deleted by the hacker from my computer. I could not even cancel my account.

If you ever run across a character named either Ardenwine or Ruejacobs spamming kineh, they are two of the hacked toons I'd had in the account. Report the hell out of them, I don't care.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by ruejacobs

I got hacked when I was visiting my daughter in the hospital as she gave birth to my first Grandchild in 2009. All of my passwords and secret questions with answers had been copied by the hacker from my computer and then deleted. Of all the MMORPGs that I played at the time, Aion had the absolute worst policy I had come across. First they banned my husband's account when he contacted in-game support to report the hacking (he literally was following one of my hacked characters around as it botted its way through mobs in the game). Then they let him back in, but refused to acknowledge the hacking. So I called them up. If I recall correctly, it was not a toll-free number. I waited a long time, long distance to talk to a representative. Once I got a representative, I was told that using the game code printed on my purchased game was NOT sufficient to establish that it was indeed my account. I must be able to produce the answer to the secret question which had been deleted by the hacker from my computer. I could not even cancel my account.

If you ever run across a character named either Ardenwine or Ruejacobs spamming kineh, they are two of the hacked toons I'd had in the account. Report the hell out of them, I don't care.

Well, all happened under NCsoft... the F2P will be under Gameforge.

I get that you are into EQ2 these days, and that a situation like this leaves a bad bad taste in the mouth, but boycotting one company for the seemingly harsh policies of another seems misguided.

But I guess we won't be seeing you in GW2 then? :P

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by ruejacobs

This is where you'd call your cc company andmake them put a stop payment from anything from ncsoft. But I have to ask, why didn't you write that important info down on paper somewhere? I always do just incase.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!