Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elves

First of don't yell at what I am about to say.

I am worried about the Elves in this game and that too many people will want to be them from my point of view. They are probably the single most powerful race in the books, besides wizards, because of their never tiring bodys and enhanced relflexes I am not sure why someone would want to be any other race.  They are the best race with a bow and could well be the best with a sword so the devs have a tricky job on their hands with the combat balances.

Thanks

Comments

• KingElessarKingElessar Member Posts: 18

Well all the races will be equal in terms of abilities. The Elves that you speak of are probably Noldor Elves (Elrond, Glofindel, Galadriel, and others), this race of Elves with not be what we can play in game, the Silvan Elves (Legolas was a Silven Elf prince) with be what people play when they play as Elves in LotRO. These Silvan Elves are not as great in both ability and wisdom in compaired to the Noldor Elves. I don't think there will be a problem with overpopulated super Elves in the game.

And I think you would be surprised on how well spread the race ratio will be (according to forum polls).

• DoctorSoupDoctorSoup Member Posts: 106
    Thanks, its been awhile since I read the books so I forgot about the different kinds of elves. Tolkien really was an amazing writer to make all that stuff up.

Thanks

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060

Originally posted by DoctorSoup
    Thanks, its been awhile since I read the books so I forgot about the different kinds of elves. Tolkien really was an amazing writer to make all that stuff up.

Deep Elves FTW!

Personally id rather be Light Elves if i had the choice.

They were like Noldor times ten.

Originally posted by j-monster

Deep Elves FTW!

Not in terms of fighting and crafting, Noldor were the best by far. The 'light' elves were called Vanyar. The Vanyar were the highest of the elves but they never left Aman.

Originally posted by KingElessar

Originally posted by j-monster
    Deep Elves FTW!

Not in terms of fighting and crafting, Noldor were the best by far. The 'light' elves were called Vanyar. The Vanyar were the highest of the elves but they never left Aman.

They left Aman for the War of Wrath. Far as i know thats the only time. I wasent to sure about the Noldor being better ifghters than the Vanyar as they have never fought each other. The Noldor fought with the Sea Elves (Kin slaying) and among themselves and i think with the Dark Elves aswell. They seemed to win in all of these fights so hey mabey your right.
    It's really interpretation, or personal preference. I imagin the Vanyar to be better in song and poesy, and probably in looks (strongest glow maybe). I don't remember the Vanyar leaving (have to read the Sil again).

Originally posted by KingElessar
    It's really interpretation, or personal preference. I imagin the Vanyar to be better in song and poesy, and probably in looks (strongest glow maybe). I don't remember the Vanyar leaving (have to read the Sil again).

War of Wrath, when theyover threw Morgoth. The Vanyar were there. Im positive.
  • ReykkaReykka Member Posts: 9
    i have played merp so i think i will be elves becouse i like lot of ranging weaponsimage

Yeah...

• ReykkaReykka Member Posts: 9
    hobbits are good too

Yeah...

If the polls don't lie it seems noone wants to be a dwarf, oh well.

Thanks

• SideSwipeSideSwipe Member Posts: 44
    I'd be a looking at the poll again me friend...

Yea I haven't checked it in awhile. Well I guess that helps me rest easier knowing that there won't be an overwelming amount of elves.

Thanks

• spudboy926spudboy926 Member Posts: 2

I hope they don't make elves uber powerful. I agree, the world would be overrun with elves. Not good.

• Lord-ArtecLord-Artec Member Posts: 9
    I prolly will be a dorf or a Human Only bc I love playing wizzards image

PK INC For Life!

Originally posted by Lord-Artec
    I prolly will be a dorf or a Human Only bc I love playing wizzards image

well then this game is gonna suck for you.

no wizards here.

• Lord-ArtecLord-Artec Member Posts: 9
    Lol R U kidding me Guess I wont be buying it then

PK INC For Life!

• majochmajoch Member Posts: 599
    Looks like Humans are edging out the Elves and the Dorfs and Hobbits are in a tie.
  • bukshotbukshot Member Posts: 277

I think alot of people, including myself, will want to be hobbits. I cant wait to see how they develop the Hobbit towns, and what it will be like being a Hobbit going to other towns. I hope I can get a pint of ale!

• ajmstiltajmstilt Member Posts: 30

oh dear......

Originally posted by ajmstilt

oh dear......

Yeah i know... i wasent gonna say anything

I think PVP is drastically overrated in mmo's if you want perfect PVP play counterstrike or an online fps.

Or diablo II or most other mmorpg's that would have it fit the story with the characters you can be.
    In LOTR elves aren't supposed to fight each other they don't have dark elves. All the races at launch are allies except the dwarves they don't like elves but still they wouldn't kill one on purpose.

Thanks

I also don't think there will be those elves you guys were talking about probably just elves from Lothlorien Rivendell etc.  That would help keep it balanced.  I hope there is crafting in this too.

Thanks

• elitestriderelitestrider Member Posts: 180

men ..... they could ne wizards 2 right

I highly doubt that there will be wizards because there were very few wizards in the books.

Nice profile picture by the way its very, nice.

Thanks

• gypsyprincegypsyprince Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by DoctorSoup

I think PVP is drastically overrated in mmo's if you want perfect PVP play counterstrike or an online fps.
    Or diablo II or most other mmorpg's that would have it fit the story with the characters you can be.
    In LOTR elves aren't supposed to fight each other they don't have dark elves. All the races at launch are allies except the dwarves they don't like elves but still they wouldn't kill one on purpose.

Why is it that swarves don't like elves? Ive been looking for an answer but no one seems to want to answer.

-sorry for being a lotr n00b /doh    image