Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My thoughts on this game (new f2p player)

Since the official forums won't let you post without a subscription (rolls eyes), I've opted to share my experience here.

3 of us at the office with PS3's decided to start playing & if we liked it, we would buy the DLC pack (green lantern) as a thank you to Sony. The goal was to get to level 30 & start doing raids together. So I grinded my ass off doing the missions (I actually enjoyed this part). There was alot of info to take in as a new player. The population was good, the parties were fun etc. Overall I was satisfied with the game & bought the $9.99 green lantern pack.

THen I hit level 30 & suddenly everything changed. Raids were still outside of my reach & the game forces you to redo the same duos/alerts over & over & over for gear & marks. Thats when I realized the end game content isn;t enough. There should be at least double the duos/ alerts, thats my biggest complaint. The game has boiled down to logging in after work to do the daily bonuses & thats it. After I explain this to my co-workers (who lost interest in the game by level 24) that was it, game over.  Another gripe I have, the voice chat doesn't work or choses when it feels like working, even after trying various things. overall, the game provided about 20 hours of gameplay for $10.00. So it's not a total loss. 

Perhaps in the future the game will have more content, but for now it's not enough.

regards

Comments

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

I really would have liked to try this game again since the F2P but the stupid SOE launcher doesn't work...it keeps asking me to install flash player (which is already installed and up to date), so I can't install the freakin game (which I bought at release, mind you).

I'm sure I would have found a fix to the install bug if I'd searched but I just couldn't be bothered...

This is typical SOE nonsense, they can make some of the greatest games but their polishing skills are atrocious.

• ShredderSEShredderSE Member Posts: 197

What I think so far.

Combat is a bit wierd, spam one button over and over again. Or two buttons, melee or ranged!

Character creation seem pointless, find new armor after just some minuts in starting area. Armor that change your looks anyway...

PvP, I can attack people but I have no freaking idea whats going on or what I lose or get?

Mob levels? Areas...

I'm just lvl 3 or 5 and yesterday I was very confused. Graphics and movies are great, but I pick up missions and then head out into the city, kill some cops are turn students into zombies... run around find some aliens.... is this LSD trip?

Or did they take all the comics and place them all in one city! Batman BOOM on that street! Superman BOOM on the second street next to Catwoman! Smack! Smack! Smack!

Hmm.

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

I have been playing it when i get bored of LoL, and I must say i rather enjoy it. There are so many different looks you could get. It seems like everyone looks a little different in there own way. As far as being confused about certain things I share your sentiment on the subject. After alittle bit of questioning the people in shout I recieved answers rather quickly. I still dont really know what im doing besides grinding quests and killing some heroes when I see them. But seeing how its a time filler I enjoy it. I'm level 12 so I can't really comment on the endgame. The only really frustrating part for me are the high levels camping certain areas and killing whoever they want to, but changing my questing location based on where the enemies are solved that problem. For what it is I would rate the game a 8 out of 10, if its not your cup of tea then its not your cup of tea. Considering I am really enchanted by the pvp in most games nowadays, it hits the spot for me. It's definitly worth a try.

Don't flame me, this isn't really a review just my opinion on the game thus far.

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

IMO, it is still one of the best MMOs out there, and most likely the best F2P MMO there is.  The voice actors, movies, combat is really fun, although what pisses me off the most are the bugged feats, specifically, the school of hard knock feats, which register when they feel like it (and yes I've fulfilled the requirements).  Overall, it's been a pretty decent game, although if you're not flight movement, you'll be heavily disadvantaged, like I am.  The daily challenges do feel like a grind, but the rest, like the duos, raids, are really fun. 

I'm also trying to get the feats from the instances of the other 2 mentors, and I've asked someone to let me in from both my league and by 'shouting' but to no avail.  The races are painful for speedsters.

• VicDonneganVicDonnegan Member Posts: 106

Originally posted by Shadowschild

Since the official forums won't let you post without a subscription (rolls eyes), I've opted to share my experience here.

3 of us at the office with PS3's decided to start playing & if we liked it, we would buy the DLC pack (green lantern) as a thank you to Sony. The goal was to get to level 30 & start doing raids together. So I grinded my ass off doing the missions (I actually enjoyed this part). There was alot of info to take in as a new player. The population was good, the parties were fun etc. Overall I was satisfied with the game & bought the $9.99 green lantern pack.

THen I hit level 30 & suddenly everything changed. Raids were still outside of my reach & the game forces you to redo the same duos/alerts over & over & over for gear & marks. Thats when I realized the end game content isn;t enough. There should be at least double the duos/ alerts, thats my biggest complaint. The game has boiled down to logging in after work to do the daily bonuses & thats it. After I explain this to my co-workers (who lost interest in the game by level 24) that was it, game over.  Another gripe I have, the voice chat doesn't work or choses when it feels like working, even after trying various things. overall, the game provided about 20 hours of gameplay for $10.00. So it's not a total loss. 

Perhaps in the future the game will have more content, but for now it's not enough.

regards

I play the PC version, OP, but I find myself running into the same grind and issues that you've mentioned. I've got both DLC packs, and though those charcters are fun to play, you can make level 30 in just about no time. Running Duos and Alerts, to hell and back, just to aquire better gear, JUST to have to do it all again at a higher tier, is just pure frustration. I agree that paying $10 is not a total loss, but this game is not worth subbing. SOE needs to just go ahead, admit that, and convert the sub/Legends options into CS options.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Just started playing recently. I'm currently level 10 and have done 1 Legend PVP, 2 Arenas, and 1 Alert. So far so good. Thanks for the heads up though. Now I know what to expect come endgame. If it doesn't change I'll probably just get to max level and see the story through for as long as I can  without joining a dedicated guild or group.

• skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140

Originally posted by Charas

I really would have liked to try this game again since the F2P but the stupid SOE launcher doesn't work...it keeps asking me to install flash player (which is already installed and up to date), so I can't install the freakin game (which I bought at release, mind you).

I'm sure I would have found a fix to the install bug if I'd searched but I just couldn't be bothered...

This is typical SOE nonsense, they can make some of the greatest games but their polishing skills are atrocious.

I think i had that problem months ago, when i had IE9, i reinstalled win7 since then and never updated IE8 to IE9 so i don't have that problem right now.

Anyway here is a link that might fix it, Fix 1 is what worked for me when i had IE9 Installed....

http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuopc/posts/list.m?topic_id=6029#top

Processor: Intel Core I5-2320
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM
    HDD: Samsung 830 256gb SSD-SATA3
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb

Steam:Skuly
    Warframe:Skuly1775

• MartialawMartialaw Member Posts: 3

I am an avid player of DC but only enjoy it because of the group that I play with.  I have to admit that once you hit 30 the game slows down, but SOE has done a good job of coming out with updates to add content.  With the added number of Alerts, raids and Duos, the game is interesting and fun to play.  I gladly pay my sub per month to get the added content and the unrestricted play.  If you play alone the game will get tidious.  I have a total of 12 different alts ( each to try out a different role and power set ), and that has helped me choose the best role for me and the one that brings the most enjoyment.