Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sadly SWTOR is losing its appeal too fast for me at level 50.

Comments

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by Starpower

Originally posted by Axxar

Originally posted by hikaru77

I've also grown a bit bored with the game. I think it's a good game but I just think WoW is a better one for various reasons.

the  ¨i quit %¨ in swtort is very low, and bioware is getting new players everyday, where most of the swtor population is not even 50 yet. 

The free month isn't even up. How can you know the "i quit" percentage is low when it doesn't even exist yet? Also I didn't say I was quitting.

Why would people wait until the free month is up if they don't like the game. That makes no sense to me. I'm not going to finish a meal that taste like shit just because I want my moneys worth. I will toss it out imidiately. Is there something here I'm not getting?

lol yea I love that argument.. but guess some people are like that and would scarf it down cause they paid money for it.. either way if the game doesn't hook you right away whether it be the story aspect or the combat or whatever then it's not going to matter much two weeks from now or 6 months down the road.. unless they go on a complete overhaul which isn't going to happen aside from tweaks and content patches what you see is what you get.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by Logos1326

Originally posted by WikingDK

The same story always. Every game have it. People rush to max level, and then complai. The game is a few months old, and off course the game have to devolope over time. 

Why is you allready lvl 50? maybe enjoy the game instead. Take some days off sometimes.

I have played since launch, and I just dinged 20 today. 

Not even one month yet unless you count the pre-order days.

Been playing the whole month.. only at 27 with my main. Take some breaks people. There's another mmo to play once in a while called real life out there.

Why exactly should this ever be a response to a thread like this?

The game is not designed for people to take very long to get to end game.   Yet "end game" is almost non existant.

You are trying to blame a customer for something no customer can be at fault for.   When a player logs into a game if the developer doesn't want to create an end game.. then the game should be designed with a paticular level curve.   If someone has been playing for almost a month and is only level 27... then you don't play very much.   If I was to simply log in 3 hours a night and play and take weekends off... after 20 days (4 weeks of 5 days) at 3 hours per day I would be far higher than 27... because of the games design.   If 3 hours a night .. 5 days a week is playing too much then something is seriously wrong...

MMO's in general are supposedly designed to keep people playing for years.   If I can hit 50 in the first month and the game loses its appeal due to lack of engaging end game... by the way don't confuse that with "lack of content" which somehow is the translation people are using.   The solution is...

If I just mess around with alts or take a lot of time off from the product i am paying for... I won't notice the lack of engaging content or it will take me a couple years to hit 50 and then get bored... but hey at least I could play two years that way.

What kind of logic is that?

Here is a bit of reality...

The first phase of general beta that I hit 50 in... I never saw another player on Ilum.   The last bit of the phase there were a few but widely tested? no.

So they were going to give everyone high level characters.   Tottally borked the server.. high level characters reverted out.

Then they were going to deploy a high level server... after a couple days of issues they took that down.

Then they tried again during one of the beta weekends.   Well that didn't work out either.

All the while people in beta were wondering about "end game" you know besides Operation.   After all BioWare had direct access to DAoC which had awesome RvR in the frontiers with the keep capture/relic system etc   Darkness Falls the RvR dungeon was really nice as well (in my opinion).   Or WAR which  various people liked at one point or another (certain pvp aspects).

Then this article came out where one of the BioWare people talked about all these capture and control points.. and said how Ilum was just one world like this...

Which was odd because as a beta tester I was like.. um what?   None of this exists... and um the game is live and pretty much reading the Original post... they aren't talking about a lack of content and being bored.

They are talking about you click on something... people avoid actually fighting to be more effecient and that's boring and uninspired.

Well its going to be boring and uninspired even if they took 6 months to find out instead of a month.   When I played WAR at release around Tier 3 that's what it turned into.   People grinding points to level and get gear... they would not attack a fort if it was defended because that took time.   So we had the warbands running points.. avoiding each other and those of us that wanted to RvR trying to solo or duo a warband.. um right.

That experience sounded oddly familiar to what the OP was talking about... somehow...

I mean if there were some fortifications to fight over.. and these bonuses the BioWare reps were talking about when they went on and on about Ilum... people would probably be doing PvP similar to the DAoC frontier and not be bored.. but the game can't possibly launch with something like that... so um hey let's just level slow and wait.  

Since end game is where people are supposed to spend a few years... and they designed the game for fast leveling.. it might have been a concept to launch with something a bit more interesting... just maybe...

*edit*

The BioWare information I refer to in this thread was from the TOR panel at Pax.   Which was around the end of August 2011.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/21699

Link from this very site with highlights from that panel....

Highlights:

• Many different neutral planets that players can fight over, with territory control.

• There will be bases, turrets, and other objectives that players can control on these planets (Ilum is one example planet).

• Can call in bombing runs on the enemy base once planetary defenses are down.

• Valor (and other) rewards for players who participate. 'Mercenary' commendations can be earned via World PvP to purchase the best PvP gear.

(same thing you'll see at the link pretty much).

Where is that game?

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Originally posted by dreamer05

Originally posted by Forumtalker

Originally posted by dreamer05

I always giggle when people blast through an MMO at ridiculous speed and then wonder why they're getting tired of it.  Get a hobby, pick up a book, go outside.  A part time job maybe?  People who spend 60 hours a week playing an MMO are experiencing something called 'burning out'.  Take it a little slow, enjoy the game.

I always laugh when someone ASSumes and has no idea of what people do in real life and attack with the classic "get a job"  or the "go outside" line.

Truth be told OP and other's have made contructive posts unlike yours.

Or more constructive than the rage self defense mode post you made that had no consructive worth to it at all... Much like this one :)

Guess you missed my reponse to the OP which I agreed with his opinion hence the /2 signed.

My point is you made an assine canned troll response that reeks of ignorance.   Request you look up the definition of rage.

Troll more.

• stamps79stamps79 Member Posts: 233

I too am feeling a bit off with the game.  I am finding the game kind of boring at this time, I haven't max out my character just yet, but i'm 6 lvls shy from doing so.  I have not even logged in the past 3 days, cause I'm actually feeling underwelmed or just not excited to play, which is weird.  This was the game I've been wanting to play over any MMO, even GW2 and or TSW.  I think maybe doing a lot of the same things from previous MMO's and mixing it into a Bioware RPGs/KOTOR just isn't enough. I may just take a break and play the games I put on hold and than come back in a few months and give it another try.

I do still have my Diablo 3 beta and POE beta that I can play, maybe after they do a few more big patch updates that's when I'll return.  Before I do put the game on hold, I still want to level my toon to 50 and maybe just maybe it may be the ticket that keeps me playing the game.

(argh) =(

Wildstar (2013) & Elder Scroll Online (2013)

Playing: Diablo 3, WOW, Far Cry 3 & X-Com.

Enjoyed: WOW 5 1/2 yrs, LOTRO 3yrs, GW 1/2yr, DFO 1yr, EVE Online 3yrs, and Huxley (Beta).

Failed to impress: GW2 3months, Tera Online 6 months (best combat system in any MMO I've played) STO 1/4yr, Aion 1/2yr, AoC 1yr, CO, Fallen Earth, DDO, EQ2 1/2yr, WAR 1/2yr, Lineage 2 and FF XI 1/2yr, FF XIV.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Originally posted by Antarious

Originally posted by Logos1326

Originally posted by WikingDK

The same story always. Every game have it. People rush to max level, and then complai. The game is a few months old, and off course the game have to devolope over time. 

Why is you allready lvl 50? maybe enjoy the game instead. Take some days off sometimes.

I have played since launch, and I just dinged 20 today. 

Not even one month yet unless you count the pre-order days.

Been playing the whole month.. only at 27 with my main. Take some breaks people. There's another mmo to play once in a while called real life out there.

Why exactly should this ever be a response to a thread like this?

The game is not designed for people to take very long to get to end game.   Yet "end game" is almost non existant.

You are trying to blame a customer for something no customer can be at fault for.   When a player logs into a game if the developer doesn't want to create an end game.. then the game should be designed with a paticular level curve.   If someone has been playing for almost a month and is only level 27... then you don't play very much.   If I was to simply log in 3 hours a night and play and take weekends off... after 20 days (4 weeks of 5 days) at 3 hours per day I would be far higher than 27... because of the games design.   If 3 hours a night .. 5 days a week is playing too much then something is seriously wrong...

MMO's in general are supposedly designed to keep people playing for years.   If I can hit 50 in the first month and the game loses its appeal due to lack of engaging end game... by the way don't confuse that with "lack of content" which somehow is the translation people are using.   The solution is...

If I just mess around with alts or take a lot of time off from the product i am paying for... I won't notice the lack of engaging content or it will take me a couple years to hit 50 and then get bored... but hey at least I could play two years that way.

What kind of logic is that?

Just because you "can" do something doesn't mean it's a good idea to do so. The game wasn't designed to take a long time to reach endgame sure enough. Does that mean it's a good idea to do it?

It's common sense, a game just out, won't have a fully fledged engame to keep people satisfied. The reason why it has a fast levelling curve are plenty most of all aimed at the future and sustainability of the game for when it DOES have more endgame content. Again common sense

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154

as said by others this happens every single mmo launch, some people play "hard" reach cap and get bored. It may be symptomatic of the way mmo's are produced and launched, after all it seems wasteful dedicating your resources to end game content pre-launch.

I'm sure BW will pump out content as fast as they can, whilst maintaining some sort of quality. Thats the good thing about mmos' they grow so you can come back.

I'm leveling 4 characters atm, highest is 32. I'm in no rush and that's how I tend to play mmo's these days not a fan of 1 character 0-max, in fact it makes the thought of making an alt unappealing. 

• Snaylor47Snaylor47 Member Posts: 962

Played for about 100 hours now and the highest level I have is about a 30.

People need to chill the fuck out with MMOs.

Every time (And this really isn't to thrash on you DP) I read post like this I think to myself, "Its your fault you burned up all of the content in less then a month."

I expect the same thing to happen to people like you in every MMO you play from here on out.

I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567
    Pony; same boat. I rolled another character, but only 20% of the quests are class story. It feels kinda repetitive.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

Originally posted by Golelorn

[Mod Edit]

This happens to every product.

I know a few Die-hard apple fans who have hated passed apple products.

People enjoy and hype things only to be disapointed.

Has happened to me multiple times with Guild Wars 2, Duke Nukem Forever, RIFT, Darkfall and Dragon Age 2.

• Amphib_IanAmphib_Ian Member Posts: 170

Originally posted by pierth

Excellent points- it's a shame to see anyone lose interest in a game they enjoy, but really these are all things that have been complained about since before release of the game- it just all seems to get lost in the fanboi vs. hater nonsense.

I'm with this guy ^^. I'm sorry to see and hear about your disenchantment. Especially after being psyched for the product for so long and blazing trails through the content this opening month. I can speak at length about the same things happening to me in regards to getting all pumped up for a game, then all bummed out when i finally sunk my teeth into it. Anymore i am of the try before i buy mentality. Been burned too many times. It's why i wont try ToR until a free trial pops up, and from what i've heard i may even beat a character's story mode in the trial's time frame :/  I hope patch 1.1 accomplishes what you need. If not, then i hope you find something to replace ToR with.

• Mythios11Mythios11 Member Posts: 129

I'm really surprised how quickly my firiends and I went from really liking the game to not having any interest in playing it.  

It's kinda sad because I'd been following this game for years and thought for sure that it would be my game of choice for quite some time.

• Originally posted by Starpower

Originally posted by hikaru77

I've also grown a bit bored with the game. I think it's a good game but I just think WoW is a better one for various reasons.

the  ¨i quit %¨ in swtort is very low, and bioware is getting new players everyday, where most of the swtor population is not even 50 yet. 

The free month isn't even up. How can you know the "i quit" percentage is low when it doesn't even exist yet? Also I didn't say I was quitting.

Why would people wait until the free month is up if they don't like the game. That makes no sense to me. I'm not going to finish a meal that taste like shit just because I want my moneys worth. I will toss it out imidiately. Is there something here I'm not getting?

I have no idea either, but that wasn't really my point. My point was that you won't be able to tell the quit percentage until there's numbers to go by, and those numbers don't exist in any form until after the free month expires. Those who haven't renewed their subs have quit. Whether we'll get our hands on those numbers then is a different story. But we certainly don't have them now.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Reminds me of how I feel about Rift.  Was a great game in some ways, IMO, but then I got to 50.  I even got to 50 twice.  and then a third time.. but just hated the lack of longevity.  Between lack of replayability, and a type of endgame I just couldn't get into, I had to move on.

I think in the end, both games fail on very similar counts.  Fast track to the level cap, where they imitate WoW's endgame, and IMO, it isn't WoW's endgame that has made it so successful.  I'd actually say its one of WoW's weakest points, and kind of absurd for any game to be copying it.  They both have the potential for longterm success, if they'd just try something different, something uniquely fitted to the rest of the game, leading up to it.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Kyleran

/salute DarkPony for being so candid.  The points you raise are not actually new, others apparently came to this conclusion when reaching this same point in their gameplay experience.

I've had a copy of the game since Christmas, but haven't broken the seal yet as I still think I want to give this title a chance to gel some. (never even tried it in beta)

I suspect by the 6 month mark they'll have improved on many of these issues, especially PVP relevance, and that's probably when I'll give it a try.

Bioware actually were told this when they first talk about the game and it's features, many people already then said that the concept lack longevity.

On the other hand are few MMOs released with much of an endgame, even Wow had close to zero at launch so they might still patch it in during the comming months.

Let's hope they do.

• boubhsboubhs Member Posts: 73

same stable with pony here :)

Originally posted by Loke666

/salute DarkPony for being so candid.  The points you raise are not actually new, others apparently came to this conclusion when reaching this same point in their gameplay experience.

I've had a copy of the game since Christmas, but haven't broken the seal yet as I still think I want to give this title a chance to gel some. (never even tried it in beta)

I suspect by the 6 month mark they'll have improved on many of these issues, especially PVP relevance, and that's probably when I'll give it a try.

Bioware actually were told this when they first talk about the game and it's features, many people already then said that the concept lack longevity.

I have came to the conclution that if games like SWTOR and RIFT lack content to you people then we can say goodbye to the days of 500k+ sub numbers and hello to the "Play the MMO for a few months then leave" era.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Sorry it turned out poorly for you, as I know you have been an ardent defender of the game. Like I always say, with hardcore gamers, nothing will make you happy. It's just not possible to keep a Fanbase happy who can play for 8 hours a day. I hear this about every major game, and yes, you will hear it about GW2 also. It's just too hard to compete as a company with someone who plays the game like its their job.

I've been playing casual as usual and several characters and I just hit 18 on my sage lol. Let me be clear, I'm not downing the hardcore crowd, if I had the time, I would play too. Just saying, your gonna have a hard time liking an mmo, which is pretty evident. I've heard TOR is release a bunch of content in the next 3 months or so, hopefully that will help.

Good luck my friend!

Originally posted by Snaylor47

I have came to the conclution that if games like SWTOR and RIFT lack content to you people then we can say goodbye to the days of 500k+ sub numbers and hello to the "Play the MMO for a few months then leave" era.

They don't lack content as such, but you run through it too fast. What TOR misses right now is endgame content, not the same thing.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Problem is people come from other MMOs that has a lot of endgame content because they had years to evelop it. They expect to new games to have it on launch day.

If they can retain some kind of realistic expectations then still... why wait until the game releases it? there are already plenty of MMOs out there with tons to do at endgame. Something no new game can compete with so yes you are right. For some players they are perpetually going to hype a game up then quit shortly after, because the game lack what other games have, that's been out for years

Originally posted by Starpower

On the other hand are few MMOs released with much of an endgame, even Wow had close to zero at launch so they might still patch it in during the comming months.

Let's hope they do.

Problem is people come from other MMOs that has a lot of endgame content because they had years to evelop it. They expect to new games to have it on launch day.

If they can retain some kind of realistic expectations then still... why wait until the game releases it? there are already plenty of MMOs out there with tons to do at endgame. Something no new game can compete with so yes you are right. For some players they are perpetually going to hype a game up then quit shortly after, because the game lack what other games have, that's been out for years

Yeah, we know that and that I was hinting at with my post before Snaylor cut out half of it in the quote (I pasted it back).

But the thing is that a game have about 6 month to patch in an endgame, Wow did just that and so will TOR have to do if it want to keep it's players.

That might not be fair but it is how it works.

They don't lack content as such, but you run through it too fast. What TOR misses right now is endgame content, not the same thing.

Then why play MMOs at launch if this is the problem?

People seem to be shooting themselves in the foot when they play an MMO (Sandbox or themepark does not really matter) and expect it to have the same amount of content as WoW.

WoW has had about 12ish years of development, TOR has had about 5.

• meatyfubumeatyfubu Member Posts: 1

Well this is my 1st post on this forum, also my 1st attempt at a MMORPG!!!

Pretty much the only reason I even attempted a MMORPG was because of SWTOR still waiting on my account to be sorted(security question problem,FML)!!!

Really disappointed to hear the game loses its appeal quite quickly!!! I'm sure I won't be reaching lv50 for a very long time but I do hope its improved for the long run especially since I already bought a 2month game time card!!!

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

I'm going to be so screwed when I reach level fifty on this fucking server I chose.

Unless myself and the other twenty Republic players on the server want to group on a regular basis for things.

Still enjoying it here for the msot part outside of grouping woes. Will imagine that will change once I reach max level unless they have allowed server transfers by then. Doubt it though.

Not surprised about the world PvP turn of events. Just like Warhammer doing the merry go round schtick between sides.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• melmoth1melmoth1 Member Posts: 762

Hey Dark pony,

I also got my juggernaut to level 50 last week. I also felt somewhat underwhelmed and so promptly focused on levelling my Bounty Hunter.

I agree with you on everything as it relates to pvp, space combat and crafting. I am a pvper myself.

I disagree with you on the canteena music which I love lol.

But I would put a posittive spin on this:

1. Getting to level 50 is a really cool experience and each class has a different storyline. So levelling my other characters and customising companions will take up the lion's share of my casual playstyle over the next 6-9 months.

2. It is likely that endgame pvp and not enough open world pvp will become such a large complaint among players on PVP servers that SWTOR will have to make changes that address some of those concerns. So yeh, some minor but significant changes next patch, but I am also confident that we shall see more significant pvp changes in the coming months because right now there is very little open world "pvp" on those pvp servers and that is a real problem.

Of course if pvp hasn't changed by then, and after I had my fun with alts, I would simply go back to WOW where the pvp is worse than vanilla wow but much better than SWTOR pvp as it stands at the moment.

On an unrelated note. This year my resolution is to also try some of the new "sandboxes" or "sandboxy" games that will be released to see what all  these regular sandox posters on these forums are going on about with such passion. Let's hope that they are good as promised and that they have fun open world pvp.

Regards

Melmoth

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Played for about 100 hours now and the highest level I have is about a 30.

People need to chill the fuck out with MMOs.

Every time (And this really isn't to thrash on you DP) I read post like this I think to myself, "Its your fault you burned up all of the content in less then a month."

I expect the same thing to happen to people like you in every MMO you play from here on out.

I didn't burn out the content. And I never wrote that the AMOUNT of content is the problem. Heck, I might not even have seen half of the fp content, never did a hard mode and I have a ton of quests on Corelia to do still. Some people might have misunderstood that. But it's mainly the lack of diversity of endgame content to me;

It's either warzones or flashpoints/operations; i.e. all instanced content. Apart from a few lvl 50 dailies on Belsa and Ilum (to get some purple mods a fancy earpiece and a mount), and ten minutes of "clicking on tanks" a day there is virtually no incentive to do stuff on the planets themselves at 50.

Endgame crafting is tied into raiding / hardmodes, both for bop schematic drops and endgame mats. World pvp is a bad joke and almost every instance is directly accesible through your fleet. So yeah, at 50 the game feels suddenly very lobyish with no reason to roam the worlds anymore. (When you got most of your datacrons, that is).