Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do yourself a favor

And buy and get into Guild Wars instead.

I'll like RYL when the monthly price drops to about five bucks, which is what it's worth.  Until then, I will flame this game for thinking it's in league with any other MMORPG that's come out in the last couple years.

Comments

• AquillAquill Member Posts: 13

Hey I still like playing RYL... Yes they drop the price but that is just  promo... It's nice cuz I can play it for 30 days free.. Then by that time my character will have a lot of skills and skill level maybe are up to 4. and I will be a lvl 53 Warrior... Im also practicing for the Tournament which will be held on the E3 Convention.. www.e3expo.com and www.ryl.net/tournament

Peace...

• ExpatriateExpatriate Member Posts: 202

Guild Wars?--you've got to be kidding.  Guild wars is just a pretty click-and-watch.  Oh yeah, you can make your character disco dance.  Guild Wars is an updated version of Fairyland.

If you want hard-core fighting, up close, with powerful blasts and thundering explosions shaking the walls, RYL IS IT!!!

Watch the latest episode of "The Guild" and other Pwnage videos from around the net--also post your own: http://PwnerTV.com

• deathkultdeathkult Member Posts: 11

so true... the people behind this game always bring up world of warcraft to compare it to.  both are fairly new games... but look at the number of servers wow is running, then look at the number of servers ryl is running.  wow has like 90+ while ryl has 2.  also ryl just announced that they are dumping the second channel on each server due to lack of players.  bottom line is that the people are not stupid and will put their money on real professional quality games for the long haul.  it would be real hard to compete with legendary games such as warcraft, everquest, ultima online, star wars, final fantasy, etc, etc.

from my personal observations, 2 of every 5 players in ryl, were probably staff.  corruption runs rampant.  i've played a lot of ultima "free" servers over the years, and 95% of them had corrupt staff.  i get the same feeling on the north american ryl servers.  they don't try to hide it either... characters with guide or gm in their name are in guilds!!!!  any company running a game that people are paying for SHOULD know that this can not be tolerated.  the handful of people still hanging on to this game are just blind, or staff.  oh, and the million dollar giveaway???  i'm sure whoever is supposed to win it will.

the thing i really liked about this game was the look of the armor and weapons... they really rock.  but seriously, this game has absolutely nothing going for it... see for yourself.

• lun4ticlun4tic Member Posts: 36

WoW is populated by all the same players. All the same PATHETIC players. When the servers go down watch the ensuing chaos and you'll notice why no one server ever goes down by itself. These freaks and geeks actually create characters on other servers until their servers are back up creating tons of lag and WAIT LINES UP TO HALF AN HOUR. In what universe do you pay for a game just to WAIT IN LINE TO PLAY IT!? So many people 'reroll toons' as they put it sounding like idiots that each person has five or six level 60 characters spread across many different servers.

[quote]
    from my personal observations, 2 of every 5 players in ryl, were probably staff.  corruption runs rampant.  i've played a lot of ultima "free" servers over the years, and 95% of them had corrupt staff.  i get the same feeling on the north american ryl servers.  they don't try to hide it either... characters with guide or gm in their name are in guilds!!!!  any company running a game that people are paying for SHOULD know that this can not be tolerated.  the handful of people still hanging on to this game are just blind, or staff.  oh, and the million dollar giveaway???  i'm sure whoever is supposed to win it will.
    [/quote]

Corruption? What the hell are you talking about? This has to be the stupidest accusation I've ever heard of RYL. I've seen some real stupid people in here trying to drag RYL through the mud for no reason at all, but this is just pushing it. GMs have personal characters that they can play on their own, but they don't disclose that information. Other than that they aren't in a guild. Guides are just normal players like everybody else, except they have a Guide tag because they volunteer their help to those who need it.

This is getting pathetic.

• wyldstylewyldstyle Member Posts: 6

K here the answer:

U compare games with each other thats normal and not just 2 wow or guild wars lineage 2 or what ever. U can see what happened and still happens in the gaming community! Big companies produce a average product and focus @ Advertisement so that everybody knows their game and buys^^. Thats the way it is, they dont care bout customer support dont listen 2 their community and what ever. Posts get deletet in minutes abd so on. Anyways i wont buy a game cuz its name has "warcraft" or "lineage" in it thats just bull****. Oh k than the servers: there are 3 versions of ryl! my, indonesia and NA and every 1 of them runs several servers. That are 3 several companys. And what now? blizzard is 1 community and hosts 90 servers? oh well thats great but 2-5 servers 4 na would be enough so. nobody would play on a german server in the us cuz of theping but k u cant c it cuz ur prolly blind.

And here is another thingy: Maybe be4 u post something like that u should look. A Guide is a normal player he dont have any benefits from being a guide. he is just a normal gamer with a guide-(nick) tag thats all. They are Volunteers 2 help the ppl ingame and @ the forums but there arent such ppl in other mmorpgs? -thats sad. So they are normal players y cant they than just join a guild? they just give ingame infos 2 the players who need em thats all.

GMs are a: inhouse= they work 4 pwg and get a salary (there are 3-4 i think) and Volunterr GMs they do the same like guys. The GMs are the same as the Guides they just have more rigths° they can bann mute or teleport ppl. GM's arent in Guilds they dont even have time 2 play that game they are just there 2 help the community but that it 2 much 4 ur brain or? Insted of that u start 2 flame a game u dont even no. so gl in ur "gamer career" hope u start 2 act like a an adult and not like a 13 year old kid.

u want 2 ppl 2 trust u? than dont talk bull**** like u do m8.::::12::

• HatorianHatorian Member Posts: 164

I think RYL: Path of the Emperor is for mature people... Cuz of the community I think... marketer players really bargain thier items and you can really have a good deal having it... Unlike some MMO games.. God selling thier items really have a high prize compared to the NPCs market...

I really can't say cuz I don't play MMO games that much.. Only if I get a spare time... Then after playing I compare it to the other MMO game... So I guess I prefer RYLs community than WoW or Guild Wars.. Thier communities is like having a bunch of babies who want to have a large share than the others...

Also PlanetWideGames RYLs developer also have a tournament that will give A million as a prize.. Im thinking of joining.. but what could be the requirements???imageimageimage

Im Amazed..... NOT!!!

• IgneousIgneous Member Posts: 7
    Lol...Guild wars....are you serious? I would love to ramble with you all day, but im sure you are to stubborn. Ryl is a fantastic game to play. I was in the Beta for RYL MY and NA. I absolutly love this game to death. I just think you looked at the SS's then decided it wasent work playing. This game is very highly addictive.
  • IgneousIgneous Member Posts: 7
    And isnt it weird, you have 10 post and you are an Advanced Member? When others have 44 and they are still novices.
  • siLLYkiTEsiLLYkiTE Member Posts: 35

*cough* MMORPG.com corruption *cough*

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by siLLYkiTE
    *cough* MMORPG.com corruption *cough*

http://www.mmorpg.com/faq.cfm Short version: Posting filler/meaningless posts gets you no points/rank & might even sometimes cost you some.

• siLLYkiTEsiLLYkiTE Member Posts: 35

Well thank you teacher.... but if I wanted a smartass response I would have given myself one.

and It wasn't a filler, it was a statement of truth... and if the truth is just a filler to you... then whatever.

• kengo677kengo677 Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by Mudget
    I'll like RYL when the monthly price drops to about five bucks, which is what it's worth. Until then, I will flame this game for thinking it's in league with any other MMORPG that's come out in the last couple years.

YOu should do yourself a favor and try out RYL, use your guildwar experience, and join the tournament. Who knows you just might be the next millionaire::::28::

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961

Originally posted by siLLYkiTE
    Well thank you teacher.... but if I wanted a smartass response I would have given myself one.and It wasn't a filler, it was a statement of truth... and if the truth is just a filler to you... then whatever.

I think perhaps you should have gone and read the link he posted :) Ranks are not calculated simply on your post count.

Ranks are calculated every day at 2:00AM EST. They are only based on the last 30 days of data. We look at the following factors when determining your rank:

* How many days you visited the site (and logged in). This is also counted when you use our "autologin" feature.
    * How much information you have posted in our forums (not the amount of posts)
    * The quality of your posts. If you post lot of "filler" posts that only consist of a few words this will cost you rank points.
    * Any posts of yours that had to be deleted will cost you 5 rank points (there are only 100 total). To prevent your posts from being deleted, please obey our Rules of Conduct.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• Aqua_GirlAqua_Girl Member Posts: 51

Originally posted by kengo677

Originally posted by Mudget
    I'll like RYL when the monthly price drops to about five bucks, which is what it's worth. Until then, I will flame this game for thinking it's in league with any other MMORPG that's come out in the last couple years.

YOu should do yourself a favor and try out RYL, use your guildwar experience, and join the tournament. Who knows you just might be the next millionaire::::28::

Hmmm... Playing RYL, with your guild wars experience... image great Idea!!!! And use this on the tournament? another great idea!!! lol imageimage Well my guild is also planning to join the tournament hoping to be a millionaire too...

Good Day...

• dopefish18dopefish18 Member Posts: 163

Originally posted by Igneous
    Lol...Guild wars....are you serious? I would love to ramble with you all day, but im sure you are to stubborn. Ryl is a fantastic game to play. I was in the Beta for RYL MY and NA. I absolutly love this game to death. I just think you looked at the SS's then decided it wasent work playing. This game is very highly addictive.

hahaha...i agreed, once u started RYL u wont have the thought to stop playing it...

dont u dare start playing MMORPG unless u want to be hooked

• iveria18iveria18 Member Posts: 123

cool pic,,isnt it?? ::::09::

P2P is good but i need free games :D

• tropiktropik Member UncommonPosts: 97

RYL a mature game? Go and check the chat and you'll see. It's full of 1337 speak and whining.

I've never seen so many legolases, xXxinstertnamexXx dudes and gandalfs in any other game.

• looploop Member Posts: 79

Originally posted by Harakiri
    RYL a mature game? Go and check the chat and you'll see. It's full of 1337 speak and whining.I've never seen so many legolases, xXxinstertnamexXx dudes and gandalfs in any other game.

Harakiri, do you still play ryl? Or you stop playing now? On what level did you gain when u stop playing?

In my field of paper flowers, candy clouds of lullaby. I lay inside myself for hours, and watch my purple sky fly over me. ~*Evanescence*~

• sphinxersphinxer Member Posts: 53

Originally posted by Harakiri
    RYL a mature game? Go and check the chat and you'll see. It's full of 1337 speak and whining.

Remind you of a certain website? Oh wait... this one...

• Omega_FoxOmega_Fox Member Posts: 2

Hey Mudgel or whatever your name is...... Guild wars is as indepth as freakin Pong. (Not dissin the grandfather of all games, however ::::02::).
    Oh i will now go kill someone. Wait I will go to level now. Now I will kill someone. Sooooo much
    political intrigue here...ooooo. Alliances and buildings cities and......oh wait you cant cos its not a REAL mmorpg. Try Shadowbane or RYL to actually play sumthin worthwhile that gets you invested in it and actually care about the cities or towns and hope that your hard earned work doesnt get destroyed.....or seek vengeance and destroy anothers. Why bother with all that when you can play a boiled down version of "Medievil Mortal Kombat". Bah. ::::12::