Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bye bye TOR see ya

Comments

• WikingDKWikingDK Member UncommonPosts: 50

Can I have your stuff? 

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by nomss

I'm almost ready to follow you. ALMOST.

Ugh.  As hard as I try to stay interested, it's getting painful to log into TOR now.  

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

Originally posted by Ambros123

Except for the fact that lvling you had actual grping content?  Numerous dungeons that were challenging and were a time investment unlike FPs not to mention that sometimes one would grp just to quest together as some areas were deadly if soloing... well back in BC n vanilla at least.

But yeah every game can hit cap solo but WoW and other MMOs had quality grp content that were challenging and took quite a bit of time that was well rewarded unlike SWTOR which if your not doing it for the social or light/dark point gringing then there is no point in doing it.

You haven't played WoW recently, have you?  And how was the reward for doing WoW dungeons/raids any different from the reward you get from TOR flashpoints?  You get better gear.  That's your reward.  Except with TOR, you don't have to spend two hours in a dungeon to do it.

Also, I'll repeat:  You haven't played WoW recently, have you?  If you are looking for challenging content, coming back post-Cata isn't going to be the way to do it.  WoW actually gives you less reasons and less chance to group while levelling that TOR does now. 

Apparenty you never did instances.

Gear?  Laughable, crafting puts the gear in FPs to shame until endgame.  WoW had significant upgrades in dungeons that made one jump with joy, it was an incentive n a warm fuzzy feeling that your efforts was rewarded in some way.

Not challenging?  Then why are the forums all in a huff n a puff bout it being too difficult?  At any rate WoW's instance complexity puts any FPs to shame.  Even trash pulls require some tactic at times which I found non-existant in TOR.  Funny how you say there is less chance for grping  while lvling in WoW because A.  WoW has an LFD tool that alone refutes your claim, B TOR is a pita to get grps or not really any incintive, C WoW is still more challenging than most MMOs and hell of a lot more challenging than TOR, AoC in my book has the most challenging dungeons.

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

Originally posted by Yamota

Originally posted by page

I don't know why anyone would think Watch-a-movie style of game would be an mmo anyway.  ALL it's faults were easy to find in the bata...... Well if you really like Star Wars that much, I guess I could understand giving it a shot.

Well the stories are nice, I just hope I can finish the interesting one's before my free month ends. Really dont feel like paying a sub-fee for what normally is a one time cost.

Okay, this is highly subjective but I can't help but get my 2 cents in, lol. 

The personal stories are "nice" but they are not spectacular IMO. They don't compare to any of BW's SRPGs, or any other good SRPGs out there like the Witcher series or even Skyrim.

Aside from the personal stories, I actually felt the side quests (95% of the quests) were the most banal, uninspired crap done to death in  other MMOs. I felt on each planet, the story was essentially a cutout of the previous one - "<respective faction> is attacking us, we have to stop them, YOU go do it!" I mean I can honestly say that WoW: TBC (2007) questing was better in terms of mechanics (bombing runs anyone) and storylines. 

I think people are just surprised that a MMO can make a story "feel" personal* and they are blinded by the novelty of the voice overs. But once you strip that away, it's a generic story that's been presented very, VERY nicely. 

*of course, for people like me, the story gets personal through my other senses. I don't need to be overtly told why I should care for the story - I get that through game architecture, music and quests. But I respect the fact that not everyone can do that. 

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Canxed my sub a couple of days ago.  While the class story is great feature in an MMO everything else I found subpar.  Playing SWTOR made me realize how much I missed WoW's instances and grp content so reactivated the account and rerolled on a high pop server.  FPs I found were utter crap, nice conversation mechanics but everything else was severly lacking.

In the end if I wanted to live through a story then I'd be playing the ME series or DA:O.  Seems like BW thought people would be content with a waterdowned ME version with multiplayer aspects.

So off back to WoW till GW2, ME3, and Neverwinter.

i think thats one of the things thats coming up more and more, beyond the storyline, to a degree at least, the game isnt really all that good, perhaps some of the disapointment is from overexpectation.. though personally i think mostly its because its not a very social game, finding groups is a lugubrious procedure that is as often disappointing as it is fun - esseles vs hammer station.. and those are just some of the initial ones, as for athiss and the first mandelorian one.. all i can think of is that either the population is top heavy or there just arent that many playing..  or maybe their just doing the solo thing ? either way..  they need to work on grouping mechanics to make it easier.. or give some kind of incentive to encourage people to actually do it. image

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

Originally posted by Phry

Canxed my sub a couple of days ago.  While the class story is great feature in an MMO everything else I found subpar.  Playing SWTOR made me realize how much I missed WoW's instances and grp content so reactivated the account and rerolled on a high pop server.  FPs I found were utter crap, nice conversation mechanics but everything else was severly lacking.

In the end if I wanted to live through a story then I'd be playing the ME series or DA:O.  Seems like BW thought people would be content with a waterdowned ME version with multiplayer aspects.

So off back to WoW till GW2, ME3, and Neverwinter.

i think thats one of the things thats coming up more and more, beyond the storyline, to a degree at least, the game isnt really all that good, perhaps some of the disapointment is from overexpectation.. though personally i think mostly its because its not a very social game, finding groups is a lugubrious procedure that is as often disappointing as it is fun - esseles vs hammer station.. and those are just some of the initial ones, as for athiss and the first mandelorian one.. all i can think of is that either the population is top heavy or there just arent that many playing..  or maybe their just doing the solo thing ? either way..  they need to work on grouping mechanics to make it easier.. or give some kind of incentive to encourage people to actually do it. image

No one runs flashpoints because the people are out questing. I have had the same problem, and from what I have seen, players would rather spend an hour questing and leveling up another level rather than run a flash and hope for 1 piece of gear to drop... which may not even be much better then the item they have currently.

And lets be honest... you keep a piece of gear in this game for what, 3-5 levels max... which takes about 3 days. Unless the gear is orange, then you just swap out mods and such... Which makes flashpoints kinda pointless honestly.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by Zarynterk

No one runs flashpoints because the people are out questing. I have had the same problem, and from what I have seen, players would rather spend and hour questing and leveling up another level rather than run a flash and hope for 1 piece of gear to drop... which may not even be much better then the item they have currently.

TOR suffers from the same thing WoW suffers from in that regard.  Bad feelings from a stupid archaic drop system intended to make a couple people "winners" out of dozens and let the rest rot til next week.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

{mod edit}

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Originally posted by xBlackBoxX

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! Alwayz luv when the peeps w/ no skills cry about the pvp in TOR

L2P and stop blaming Bioware cus u sux

I love people who keep telling people to L2P a game thats obviously not balanced for people who actually have lives. I'm not quiting like the OP but I can say, the Warzone setup is downright amateur. Consider this, the best gear available is for level 50, right? I'm talking about the best stats and most expertise. Now, when the game launched, I started doing Warzones around the 2nd or 3rd day of early beta. I had zero issue with Warzones for the next couple weeks, despite their being level 50s by the 4th or 5th day of early access.

Once I started seeing level 50s in their PvP gear, the Warzones completely went downhill. Level 50 PvP gear is not balanced for levels 10-49 or even 10-50 without PvP gear. I've watched 4-5 lower level players be unable to take a fully geared level 50 down, while he mows through level 40s in a matter of 3-4 attacks. Sorry, there is no learning to play against the stupidity or crutch of expertise stats.

One person mentioned changing how Warzones get queued which I wholeheartedly agree with. When level 50s queue, they can either choose to queue for a level 50 only Warzone or choose the normal Warzones without the use of their expertise stat. If that seems unfair, which it shouldn't since you and many others claim PvP is all about skill, we'd have a level playing field once again, end of story.

So, either the above mentioned solution is a legitimate solution to a lot of peoples complaints or PvP isn't about skill, but rather gear / stats.

You're right the pvp would be fine if they would separate the 50's from the rest.  I've been pvping since I hit lvl 15 or so and I"m 40 now and I can't agree more.  Til the 50's get separated pvp is currently a giant waste of time.  Most every match has at least 1 4 man premade of 50s in the top gear who just rape the other side.

• metalguy23metalguy23 Member Posts: 90

Jesus you people are hilarious I create a I quit post and get the popcorn ready hilarity insues. Oh well enjoy your single player  game with online features, hell you get a ship with a galaxy map but can only visit a certain planet for your level thats fucking retarded, way to go Bioware for creating such a linear experience. Space combat is a joke are you kidding me I can't even control the freakin ship what is this 1997? Sorry this game is a bust back to WOW for me and having fun again with a Tauren shaman and my Orc Warrior servers are doing fine there, there's people everywhere playing. When I login to a popular MMO and only see 58 people online etc I have to laugh and say "$15 per month are you insane?". Face it EA has destroyed Bioware and they should have created a 200 + hour Kotor 3 like everyone was asking for, it's called typical corporate greed and instead EA said no wait a min you guys are creating an MMO and we are going to make millions. AH HA can't wait until they start merging servers left and right lol. EA is a joke ruining great dev companies bye bye Bioware.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Originally posted by pharazonic

Originally posted by Yamota

Originally posted by page

I don't know why anyone would think Watch-a-movie style of game would be an mmo anyway.  ALL it's faults were easy to find in the bata...... Well if you really like Star Wars that much, I guess I could understand giving it a shot.

Well the stories are nice, I just hope I can finish the interesting one's before my free month ends. Really dont feel like paying a sub-fee for what normally is a one time cost.

Okay, this is highly subjective but I can't help but get my 2 cents in, lol. 

The personal stories are "nice" but they are not spectacular IMO. They don't compare to any of BW's SRPGs, or any other good SRPGs out there like the Witcher series or even Skyrim.

Aside from the personal stories, I actually felt the side quests (95% of the quests) were the most banal, uninspired crap done to death in  other MMOs. I felt on each planet, the story was essentially a cutout of the previous one - " is attacking us, we have to stop them, YOU go do it!" I mean I can honestly say that WoW: TBC (2007) questing was better in terms of mechanics (bombing runs anyone) and storylines. 

I think people are just surprised that a MMO can make a story "feel" personal* and they are blinded by the novelty of the voice overs. But once you strip that away, it's a generic story that's been presented very, VERY nicely. 

*of course, for people like me, the story gets personal through my other senses. I don't need to be overtly told why I should care for the story - I get that through game architecture, music and quests. But I respect the fact that not everyone can do that. 

I'm a little surprised at how many people are staying, just to see how the story plays out.  For me, I just couldn't stand it anymore, by level 30.  I felt so buried in story, I just stopped caring about what was going to happen, for that character, and for any alts I made.

I know I'm less of a story-centric player than most, but guess even more so than I thought.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421

I too will also not be subbing. I wanted pvp, so dissapointed.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

All the Voice Over work, cutscenes and storyline could have really enhanced a solid MMORPG. The problem with TOR is that the VO Storyline is tacked onto a pretty mediocre MMORPG that in many ways seems like a game who's design would have been stale six years ago, let alone for 2012.

The Storyline developers and everyone releated to the voice acting and cutscenes get an A+. The rest of the development team get a D- and should be ashamed that they ruined a game with such huge potential. They should have aspired to have the MMORPG elements match the quality level of the storyline, rather than using the storyline as a crutch to compensate for lazy MMORPG design!

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by fiontar

All the Voice Over work, cutscenes and storyline could have really enhanced a solid MMORPG. The problem with TOR is that the VO Storyline is tacked onto a pretty mediocre MMORPG that in many ways seems like a game who's design would have been stale six years ago, let alone for 2012.

The Storyline developers and everyone releated to the voice acting and cutscenes get an A+. The rest of the development team get a D- and should be ashamed that they ruined a game with such huge potential. They should have aspired to have the MMORPG elements match the quality level of the storyline, rather than using the storyline as a crutch to compensate for lazy MMORPG design!

What about the folks who took care of the special effects? Like the smoke when you throw bombs and whatever else. I think those were well done. Don't you think so?

They get a thumbs up from me.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Fantastic post and exactly how i feel about the game.

I have a sneaky feeling that EA knew the game wasn't that good and pushed for it's release to capitalize on box sales during the holidays.

Originally posted by NBlitz

What about the folks who took care of the special effects? Like the smoke when you throw bombs and whatever else. I think those were well done. Don't you think so?

Sooo ignore the defects and look at the fluff then by what your saying?

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

You can put the most beautiful looking icing on a poorly made cake... it's not going to drastically improve the cake, or make it palatable. 

The voice overs, the few little touches is the icing. The cake tastes slightly burnt, and very dry. 

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Sooo ignore the defects and look at the fluff then by what your saying?

No of course not. Just giving props where props are due. 

• paulolesonpauloleson Member UncommonPosts: 31

I too will be leaving soon. Currently have a level 20 (dark) Jedi. The fact that i'm able to be soo evil, and partisipate in fornication, flirting, and slautering as a Jedi is reason enough to quit. But meh, the storyline is semi-fun, but getting old. I tried PvP, it's absolutely terrible, and i find the combat to be sluggish at best. At most i'll stick around to see level 40-50 content. But meh, borring. I played EverQuest for 2 years, World of Warcraft for 5 years, Rift for (x) months, and meh this trinity/combat system is getting way old. 

Cause you know, hacking on some enemy with lightsabres for 3-5 minutes is sooo HEROIC.... =/

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

I can't believe I don't see a 'can i haz your stuff' post yet!

Bye to the OP, hopefully you'll still stay/play an MMO though.

If there is one thing that WoW has taught everyone it is that those that quit WoW, don't go to another MMO.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• xBlackBoxXxBlackBoxX Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by treysmooth

I love people who keep telling people to L2P a game thats obviously not balanced for people who actually have lives. I'm not quiting like the OP but I can say, the Warzone setup is downright amateur. Consider this, the best gear available is for level 50, right? I'm talking about the best stats and most expertise. Now, when the game launched, I started doing Warzones around the 2nd or 3rd day of early beta. I had zero issue with Warzones for the next couple weeks, despite their being level 50s by the 4th or 5th day of early access.

Once I started seeing level 50s in their PvP gear, the Warzones completely went downhill. Level 50 PvP gear is not balanced for levels 10-49 or even 10-50 without PvP gear. I've watched 4-5 lower level players be unable to take a fully geared level 50 down, while he mows through level 40s in a matter of 3-4 attacks. Sorry, there is no learning to play against the stupidity or crutch of expertise stats.

One person mentioned changing how Warzones get queued which I wholeheartedly agree with. When level 50s queue, they can either choose to queue for a level 50 only Warzone or choose the normal Warzones without the use of their expertise stat. If that seems unfair, which it shouldn't since you and many others claim PvP is all about skill, we'd have a level playing field once again, end of story.

So, either the above mentioned solution is a legitimate solution to a lot of peoples complaints or PvP isn't about skill, but rather gear / stats.

You're right the pvp would be fine if they would separate the 50's from the rest.  I've been pvping since I hit lvl 15 or so and I"m 40 now and I can't agree more.  Til the 50's get separated pvp is currently a giant waste of time.  Most every match has at least 1 4 man premade of 50s in the top gear who just rape the other side.

L2p.  Just L2p.  If u have skill it dun matter how much gear u have, TOR is about teamwork, strategy, and skillz, and maybe instead of qqing u shuld just accept that sum peeps are always gunna be better and sum peeps will always be the noobs.

• saleensaleen Member UncommonPosts: 44

I knew I wouldn't paly this game for more than a year, it's just to pass some time before guild wars 2.  As of now, I went from playing 4+hrs a day to 1-2 hours which will probably pick up once I hit 50.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by metalguy23

Jesus you people are hilarious I create a I quit post and get the popcorn ready hilarity insues.

What's more funny? The fact that people are reacting to your post or the fact that you have some posts saying how boring the game is, how you hate the tab targeting how Yadda yadda yadda, yet you still ended up playing the game and of course making your obligatory quit post?

I mean, it seemed clear on 12/15 that you weren't interested:

Game is absolutely terrible. I don't see what everyone's ranting and raving about. What it's Star Wars? huh it's clone wars lol. Sorry but it's empty blandness, no atmosphere whatsoever, the engine is terrible. Sorry but Bioware did a terrible job and I will not even bother with it. Beta was a borefest and I logged in, created my char and said to myself "this is it? are you kidding me?". Sorry it's overhyped garbage with some top of the line voiceovers and cutscenes, sorry but I am not paying $60 (frigging rip off for an MMO anyway) and then $15 to play some WOW/Star Wars game. Prediction: Guild Wars 2 will be the most talked about and most popular game, this will be bad memory lol.  Show me excitement like this in an MMO. When this dragon shows up chills went down my spine, never seen anything like that in an online game.

So, is this just drama for the sake of drama?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

L2p.  Just L2p.  If u have skill it dun matter how much gear u have, TOR is about teamwork, strategy, and skillz, and maybe instead of qqing u shuld just accept that sum peeps are always gunna be better and sum peeps will always be the noobs.

Just like WoW's PvP is all bout skill and has nothing to do with gear  or class or fotm spec?

and maybe instead of doing a typical fanboy "QQ some more" response actually reading where they're coming from.  PvP is faulty in SWTOR, plain n friggin simple.  A "buff" to lowbies is a retarded concept.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Just like WoW's PvP is all bout skill and has nothing to do with gear  or class or fotm spec?

and maybe instead of doing a typical fanboy "QQ some more" response actually reading where they're coming from.  PvP is faulty in SWTOR, plain n friggin simple.  A "buff" to lowbies is a retarded concept.

Wait am I misresading or something you're saying WoW's and SWTOR's PVP is about skill?

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.