Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AV favors people sentenced to death before its own paying customers...

Comments

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

This is probably why the stamina bug didint get a fix yet after more then a month.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

Tassos isn't a dev. He's just a figurehead and money man.

But you know that, you're just failtrolling.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by Plutonicwoes

Agree. What does the man's politics have to do with DF??? 

Besides, I smell a lock coming since this technicaly a political topic...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• FullLootPvpFullLootPvp Member UncommonPosts: 52

Originally posted by Plutonicwoes

if you have read the article or checked the credits of the game you'd know that not just Tasos was involved, there were at least 3 guys from AV involved, well, i mean nothing gets done for DF, lousy updates, like today another one, but they got time to focus on that stuff...

i'm glad i'm outa there and no longer support them after 3 years...

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

So your more concerned about your precious game then admire some people who try HELPING for HUMAN RIGHTS?

And when you come here with a topic at least KNOW that tasos is not a DEVELOPER he is just main spokesman for Aventurine.

I respect that they at least doing something and CARE about fellow beings.

KUDOS to them and Tasos.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

1st) people can't read

2nd) now i'm also afraid this gets politcal, but i wanna skip this part

3rd) nodody would care or complain what they did in their spare time if it woudnt have an impact on their real jobs... i mean they are the developer of an mmo, where they are supposed to upkeep and support it, but if you look what they did the last 1.5 years, its just broken promises (suggest you google for the phrase if you got no clue what i'm talking about)... and when you see then that they still got "free time" to do other stuff, you finally know which value you as a paying customer have for them...

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Hope they arnt planning on using DF profits for a defense fund.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

You forget something they started a dream 11years ago of making there own pvp game back in good old norway.

They don't owe anything to anybody there a small indie company with limited resources.

They dont pull a gun to your head that you should play this game or keep following it.

Also game is ruined by player base like hacking cheating macroing and zerging to game to death in first half year also the millions of whines the US players did asking to split server, while everyone knew its a small indie company with limited resources and money. But ohhh noo.. WE WANT OUR SERVER it was in away the death sentence for the game.

If you dont like what AV do stop following the game then leave it, go play something else instead keep whining and crying every god damn day of the week.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Originally posted by forest-nl

So your more concerned about your precious game then admire some people who try HELPING for HUMAN RIGHTS?

And when you come here with a topic at least KNOW that tasos is not a DEVELOPER he is just main spokesman for Aventurine.

I respect that they at least doing something and CARE about fellow beings.

KUDOS to them and Tasos.

i'll support this

So people are actually complaining some game developer actually takes time to support a social cause???

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

They don't owe anything to anybody there a small indie company with limited resources.

there you're wrong too... people pay them to provide some basic services... (Forget about the TOS/EULA crap i'm not gonna wasting my time to sue them...)

Originally posted by FullLootPvp

there you're wrong too... people pay them to provide some basic services... (Forget about the TOS/EULA crap i'm not gonna wasting my time to sue them...)

What on god's grenn earth are you raving about? Sue them for what? Releasing a bad (in your opinion) game? Damn, if everyone who felt they had purchased a bad game did that, there would be no gaming industry. Perspective, find some!

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

if tasos and co had done the same thing for a less controversial cause, maybe unicef or something, nobody would have said a damn word.  but because it's a project to end capital punishment people are saying stuff.

to me, charity is a noble trait and i'm happy that tasos and others put some of their own time to good use.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

So, let me get this right, these guys create a video game to try and make kids think about how wrong it is to give the death sentance to some child raping murderer?  Im all for developers fighting fo saving the whales, rain forests, puppies but i would say ef these types of people.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

Originally posted by adderVXI

So, let me get this right, these guys create a video game to try and make kids think about how wrong it is to give the death sentance to some child raping murderer?  Im all for developers fighting fo saving the whales, rain forests, puppies but i would say ef these types of people.

Amnesty International also fight for womens rights in countries that have none, help alert the world to the plight of political dissidents in some of the most horrible totalitarian countries out there and much more. But hey, to each his own.

Originally posted by kakasaki

What on god's grenn earth are you raving about? Sue them for what? Releasing a bad (in your opinion) game? Damn, if everyone who felt they had purchased a bad game did that, there would be no gaming industry. Perspective, find some!

-.- i think here are plenty of people who have absolutely no clue whats going on in that game and how they supported it the last 2 years.... just 1 point as example:

- the game is basicly unplayable due to the server delay on EU since almost 2 fucking months now, i mean if my customer couldnt use his system as it would be damn crappy slow due to a server issue, i would have to work day and night to fix it

-.- i think here are plenty of people who have absolutely no clue whats going on in that game and how they supported it the last 2 years.... just 1 point as example:

- the game is basicly unplayable due to the server delay on EU since almost 2 fucking months now, i mean if my customer couldnt use his system as it would be damn crappy slow due to a server issue, i would have to work day and night to fix it

You have a simple solution to get your message across to them... STOP PAYING AND PLAYING THE GAME.

• LawlieLawlie Member Posts: 49

People still play this game? COOL

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Wow, so Tasos is actually PRESIDENT of the Hellenic Game Developers Association (HGDA) !

Obviously a man of great integrity, and sadly misunderstood on these forums ;)

Originally posted by Lawlie

People still play this game? COOL

Just like some people still play Xsyon or Mortal Online. Weird huh? But hey, different strokes for different folk...

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Wow, so Tasos is actually PRESIDENT of the Hellenic Game Developers Association (HGDA) !

Obviously a man of great integrity, and sadly misunderstood on these forums ;)

What, all five of them??? Sorry, couldn't resist. image

You have a simple solution to get your message across to them... STOP PAYING AND PLAYING THE GAME.

well, guess what i did? But since i got a 3 month plan, i got 1 month left... i was ones one of the strongest advocates for AV and loved the game, but they turned me into their biggest hater, but at least i'm not alone, there are plenty of people like me on their official forum, which they transformed into sad bitter man.... they ruined a whole genre for me, i dont like any of the existing current mmo's... well, the good part about this is only i spent less time for them ;)

And if you ask, why i'm still here posting? well, i got one month left, i see this as a therapy...

well, guess what i did? But since i got a 3 month plan, i got 1 month left... i was ones one of the strongest advocates for AV and loved the game, but they turned me into their biggest hater, but at least i'm not alone, there are plenty of people like me on their official forum, which they transformed into sad bitter man.... they ruined a whole genre for me, i dont like any of the existing current mmo's... well, the good part about this is only i spent less time for them ;)

And if you ask, why i'm still here posting? well, i got one month left, i see this as a therapy...

1. Good for you. That is the only way devs will listen.

2. Would never ask that since this is a forum and the whole point is to discuss games. image

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

GUYS!

lets step back a second and look a the industry as a whole

What have the developers told the community about Everquest NEXT? NOTHING

What have the developers told the community about World of Darkness MMO? NOTHING

What so some famous developers say when asked when will it be relseased? (when its done)

Who  commmuicated at lot to the community during dev? Star Vault. How did moral online turn out.

Just because AV isnt talking doesnt mean they are not working, they might be then again they might be looking for what currency to pay their developers in OR maybe they said 'you know what F&ck this cry baby community lets go create  a game for amenesty with the money from darkfall subscriptions because it is after all captialism'

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

You forget something they started a dream 11years ago of making there own pvp game back in good old norway.

They dont pull a gun to your head that you should play this game or keep following it.

Also game is ruined by player base like hacking cheating macroing and zerging to game to death in first half year also the millions of whines the US players did asking to split server, while everyone knew its a small indie company with limited resources and money. But ohhh noo.. WE WANT OUR SERVER it was in away the death sentence for the game.

If you dont like what AV do stop following the game then leave it, go play something else instead keep whining and crying every god damn day of the week.

Complaining about people complaining about a company while complaining about a company.  Wow  impressive.

This discussion has been closed.