Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Double skill proficiency gains for a week

QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351

I always thought double experience events were a bad sign, as they mean that the game needs double experience to play nicely.  But whatever.  Netmarble/Gpotato/Tecmo-Koei/someone promised double skill proficiency gain for a week if the game got 9000 "likes" on Facebook, and they did, so here it is.  It started late last night and lasts a week.  If you want to grind for rank in something stupid, then here's your chance.  Should save shipbuilders a good bit of cash in leveling.

Comments

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

Uncharted waters Shipbuilding:

1-Go to shipyard,

2- select a ship to build,

3-click Ok, get out to port

4-Set alarm to 25 mins (depends on which ship u are building) then play another game  - or skip to step 5

5-Go watch an episode of Seinfeld, Friends etc...

6-Come back / stop the alarm

7-Repeat step 1

After 100 hours (real time) you are a great shipbuilder! Gratz!

But to build even better ships dont forget to buy Cash store items!

and you can reduce that 100 hours real time to 70 hours using cash store skill boost!

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

cagan, your text reminds me of a post written on the Runes of Magic-forums, which was something like:

"The game forces you to pump cash into the item shop! I played one year without spending a dime, but now..."
    And why do you people grind a single skill, if you don´t like to grind? Or...well, actually the opposite of grinding, like being AFK in battlegrounds for free PvP-ponts.
    I am curious how you people play The Elder Scrolls.

There are F2P games out there with brutal cash shops, but when I played UWO for 2 weeks a year ago, it didn´t feel like I had to throw away 10$ a week.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351

Originally posted by Herodes

And why do you people grind a single skill, if you don´t like to grind?

I don't.  Hence my contempt for the concept in the original post.  I'm doing nearly what I would have done if not for the double skill proficiency week, except that I'm holding off on some price tracking stuff that takes a lot of time but doesn't level anything.

I've only got two skills rank 8 or higher:  fishing and search.  Seriously, search.  That's basically impossible to grind rank in.