Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gods & Heroes Subscription Fees Eliminated.

Fellow Romans:

The Gods & Heroes team has been working hard over the past few months to secure the future of the game by taking it to a free-to-play model.  Such a change is a significant undertaking; one that requires a large investment in time and resources to make this major transition a success.

In the interim, we have made the decision to eliminate subscription fees and offer G&H players immediate and unlimited access to all areas of the game until the new Free-to-Play model has been finalized and implemented.  (To continue reading click here)

Metz - Associate Producer - Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising

Comments

• jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

Gratz to you Master Metz, you just lost the games greatest fan, Myrla to f2p. But I do appreciate you finally have some news. But when its all nice and so...but when will new areas, etc. be availeble. We have been waiting since september for another patch.

Well, at least this way, you might have some people come and play. Although I doubt them to stay for long.

• Master_MetzMaster_Metz Member Posts: 15

We have lowered the price for the game to $9.99/£7.99/€9.99 and dropped the subscription price entirely. New content will come in the future as the F2P game evolves to create an attractive package for the future.  If players want to come back and try it for a little while it won't cost them a dime, if they want to try the game out for the first time it will only cost them $9.99.  

-Metz

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

Well I know that resources are kind of limited but it is a nice gesture to let people play for free all things considered. There is stilla long long way to go but at worst people play for free and then can decide to stay or go after the new model is in place.

My question is for the new players who buy the box, will they be considered a higher tier account than those who start brand new when F2P hits? Is there any other incentives you can talk about right now for those that those that commit before F2P hits?

Hopefully this lets people give it a try who would never have done so before and gives the people who invested early in the game some hope that is wasn't wasted money. I will give you guys credit for staying with the game when it would have been probably easier to dump it but the trust of the playerbase has to be reearned because there have been a ton of mistakes. Hopefully this can be the game that people were hoping for back in Feb 10 when it was announced you guys revived it.

Master Metz, you won me for the game again. Ill give it another try. F2p is the best for this game, but indeed like Myrla said, it may attrack the kiddies and there goes the chat, etc. But still, I liked the game theme and the setting and if you come through on your previous promisses, Ill stick with the game for the coming years. But let us first see what comes from it.

Will you also be more transparant like you used to be?

So...whats the news metz? The chat being fixed? The new levels coming? The crafting done? The tradehouse there yet? How about the villa?

Metz, wazzup man? People asking serious questions and you dont answer them, but then give a stupid joke answer to a question someone has for lifers? Man, that shows really that you either dont wanna talk or just have nothing to say, because you guys havent done anything in the past 5+ months for the game.

Man, if you really had news you would be shouting it from the rooftops!