Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta delayed

OmolOmol Member Posts: 332

For those that have not heard,the speculations are no more and they have become truth.Delayed until Q4 (Oct-Dec) time frame.

http://www.battle.net/forums/wow/thread.aspx?FN=wow-general&T=480296&P=1&ReplyCount=127#post480296

Omol da'Ox
The Blooded

----------------------------
Omol da'Ox

Comments

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    Just longer time for me to save some cash and get an uber 1337 PC.  image

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • DiabolicalDiabolical Member Posts: 27

:(,... i'm utterly disappointed, not that Blizzard doesn't make great games, but Q4 of next year is simply too long! I hope that this is the lastest release date that they could possibly go, if not i foresee a Q3 2005 release instead! However, i hope that what GF said here is true...

'What's neat is the games often get dramatically better in only a months time. It's really all about how much time you have to make things even cooler. If you had all the time in the world you could really make a game cool but by the time it came out it would be totally outdated so there has to be a balance + we need to sell games to keep the company going. '

In the meantime, i'm just gonna sit back and play whatever good game i can find to occupy a good amount of my time whilst waiting for WoW... perhaps HL2 will be released on schedule, but i can only hope...

Áh¾ß¤ðÑ®

Áh?ß?ðÑ®

• baronakubaronaku Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Diabolical

:(,... i'm utterly disappointed, not that Blizzard doesn't make great games, but Q4 of next year is simply too long! I hope that this is the lastest release date that they could possibly go, if not i foresee a Q3 2005 release instead! However, i hope that what GF said here is true...
    'What's neat is the games often get dramatically better in only a months time. It's really all about how much time you have to make things even cooler. If you had all the time in the world you could really make a game cool but by the time it came out it would be totally outdated so there has to be a balance + we need to sell games to keep the company going. '
    In the meantime, i'm just gonna sit back and play whatever good game i can find to occupy a good amount of my time whilst waiting for WoW... perhaps HL2 will be released on schedule, but i can only hope...

Áh¾ß¤ðÑ®

It was pushed to q4 of this year, not 2004. Seems like a publicity thing really.

Phew, thx for correcting me, i really thought that it was pushed to next year. All those many posts on the wow forums seemed to have made me see 2004 on GF's post haha. Well thx again, your post has revitalised my fighting spirit for WoW!

Áh¾ß¤ðÑ®

Áh?ß?ðÑ®

• OmolOmol Member Posts: 332
    Really how did you get that beta was delayed until Q4 of next year?Even on the cluttered, spam ridden WoW boards, it didnt say nothing of the sort (that I saw anyways).They did however talk about it being released in 2004.

Omol da'Ox
    The Blooded

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox

Well honestly i think i just got confused and when i saw Q4, i thought 2004, it's a stupid mistake i know i made, well but it has been cleared now and i'll read more carefully next time and be sure not to make a stupid mistake like that again...

Áh¾ß¤ðÑ®

Áh?ß?ðÑ®

• David_WolfpaDavid_Wolfpa Member Posts: 273
    yeah

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

[quote]Originally posted by numatic
    [b][url=http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame92.html]

image[/b][/quote]

huh?

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
    Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

LOL good one numatic! David_Wolfpa is definately a necro :)

--------------------

Played: Asheron's Call 1, Dark Age of Camelot, Earth & Beyond, Star Wars Galaxies
    Tested: Asheron's Call 1, Asheron's Call 2, Dark Age of Camelot, Eve Online, Lineage 2, Risk Your Life, Saga of Ryzom, World of Warcraft
    Uninstalled ASAP: MU Online, Knight Online, Rubies of Eventide, Priston Tales, Star Sonata, DarkSpace

• SlazerSlazer Member Posts: 251

Hahaha, necro, I love it.

But seriously, why the heck did you go dig up this old thread......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When life hands you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When life hands you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!

• cornworldcornworld Member Posts: 27
    LOL! I started reading this like it was a new thread. When certain aspects didn't make sense I finally looked at date of the original post and was like WTF?! Good job, That was worth the laugh.
    heheheh just wanted to see what peoples reactions would be image

• ZimokZimok Member Posts: 266

well now you can stop

kthxbai

---------------------------------
    Zimok - WoW - PvP Server
    Zimok - SWG - Bloodfin

---------------------------------
    Zimok - PS - Emerald
    Zimok - SWG - Bloodfin

• heinrichoheinricho Member Posts: 252
    what's that picture in your sig?  This is an ancient thread...  but it looks like it may have been accurate!

Pic in my sig is I think from runescape, I used a free image hosting website and originally had a pic of a ratonga from EQ2 but I guess someone changed it to this.

Oh well! no more carrying on this thread hehe

-----------------------------------------END OF TOPIC ---------------------------------------------

• AciDicEdicTAciDicEdicT Member UncommonPosts: 156

Originally posted by Djin
    Just longer time for me to save some cash and get an uber 1337 PC. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

Lol i ran WoW perfect on a crappy ass pc. It had 512 MB and a shitty ass video card. EQ2 would need an 'uber' computer. The graphics (not in my opinion) are superior hence it takes alot more to run it. So youd be safe playing WoW with a decent computer

Desolation
    "Stare at the Sun im bored..."

Desolation
    "Stare at the Sun im bored..."