Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So are there classic EQ1 servers available?

Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

{mod edit} And are they well populated?  Just wondering because it was my first MMO and I have some nostaligia.

Comments

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Two timelocked progression servers run by SOE are still going, they're up to Luclin now.  One of them, Fippy, is still quite populated.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by Mardy

Two timelocked progression servers run by SOE are still going, they're up to Luclin now.  One of them, Fippy, is still quite populated.

Ah Luclin was when I started to not like EQ1.  I'll give it a look ... is there a good leveling community?

• VekkuzaVekkuza Member Posts: 3

Yeah theres alot of people running around lower levels. I just started back today but sadly can't start leveling due to work soon. But off tomo to begin! Not having luck finding a guild though sadly.

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

You've also got the option of EQMac which has a far smaller community compared to Fippy but it's generally far friendlier also. Server's perma-locked at PoP release. It's not for everyone but throwing it out there as an option.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    Its one of those things i don't want to play alone during. I basically need a few people to start along with me. Lone iskar is not very fun.
  • jbadoljbadol Member Posts: 13

Then there's Project 1999. Check it out on project1999.org it's an EQ emulator up to Kunark i believe. I just started and truthfuly i'm having a blast. EQ1 like it was back in 1999! Check it out. Let me know what you think

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

Originally posted by jbadol

Then there's Project 1999. Check it out on project1999.org it's an EQ emulator up to Kunark i believe. I just started and truthfuly i'm having a blast. EQ1 like it was back in 1999! Check it out. Let me know what you think

Yeah I've played on p99 on and off for quite a while, it's an excellent server. 

Eventually it will go on to Velious and that's really all that's planned.   They just added the epic 1.0 quests a week or two ago.

Pretty lively population on it too, this isn't some side emu project with 19 people on or anything like that to be sure.