Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a MMO like starfleet comand 3. Anything out there?

joojoo1975joojoo1975 Member UncommonPosts: 275

So i'm levelin up my BH in SWTOR.  gettin kinda bored with it as i see WOW all over it.  but then again, any MMO that comes out now, will prolly always have WOW all over it.

But what i been "hankerin" for is a Game that is like Starfleet command 3(space tactical sim)  but has the mmo elements.  what i liked about SFC3 was the fact that you had so many fascets to combat.  not just your run of the mill break shields, break armor, blow ship up.  I mean you had shield positioning, secondary systems to damage, marines to send over to capture or blow Schuff up.  Those of you that have played it, know what I mean about the "in detail Depth" that SFC3 space combat had to offer.

If you never played StarFleetCommand 3, then you prolly shouldn't reply.  as i have found that the nuances of the game, has to be played to be seen. . . so to speak.

any help out there?

TL;DR?  Looking for a StarFleetCommand3 type MMO

To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless

Comments

• GrumiumGrumium Member UncommonPosts: 57

I played the original Star fleet command. It was one of the best games that I have ever played. I can't say that there are any games out there like it. I could only recomend EVE. Its a space game, it has shields and armor, but there is no positioning like the shields are in SFC.

The Federation Commander board game is really nice. Its based off of the Starfleet Battles board game thatSFC is made after.

• joojoo1975joojoo1975 Member UncommonPosts: 275

I disagree with you in the fact that comparing Eve and SFC3 is like comparing apples to oranges.  The combat is totally different.  eve you just shoot guns/missles at another target, there are no sub system targeting, disabeling, or even weapon arcs

thanyou for your reply, but i must continue to keep looking.

• GrumiumGrumium Member UncommonPosts: 57

Take a look at jumpgate. I am not sure if its still going or not. I am also not sure if its even close because I have never played it before.  If you like it let me know because I may try it out. Like I was saying SFC is probally one of my favorite computer games of all time. I don't think that Sfc 3 would be much different then the original.

No Eve is not like SFC, but really there is no game that is. Its the only mmo that I know of that would come close. Thats the reason I suggested it.

If you like Star Fleet Command  alot you should pick up the board game Federation Commander. Its a dubbed down version of star fleet battles, the game that Star Fleet Commander was made after. Here is a link to board game geek for it.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/19854/federation-commander-klingon-border

If you want to just take a look at the game that Star Fleet Command was based on then here is the original game. It was done in 1979. This again is to board game geek.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1589/star-fleet-battles

If your brave enough and want to tackle it here is the main site for Star Fleet Battles. This is where you can find out about the rules and miniatures for the game.  It has everything that the Computer game had pluss even more. There are so many rules to it that I would just recommend Federation Commander.

http://www.starfleetgames.com/starfleetbattles.shtml

I only recommend the board games if your really good at figuring rules out, or have played some complex board games before.  

• joojoo1975joojoo1975 Member UncommonPosts: 275

i have indeed played Jumpgate(it was my first MMo i played back in 2000)  but alas, it is not like SFC3.  it's more along the lines of freelancer(spaceship sim shooter)  no sub systems just shields and armor and then boom(unless they totally evamped the game)

was lookin forward to jumpgae reloaded or somthing like that, but that too went the way of the Dodo.

but don't get me wrong, i value your replies, it's just that, i don't see the connection that you make between what i would like to play and what your offering(like your taking me to McDonalds when i told you I want a Taco)  but no worries m8, i would rather you try to give me something rather than nothing at all.

but if i could find peeps who readily play the board games. . .

that's why i was hoping I missed something that you all mighta seen

the search continues.