Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Example of the BANG UP job having no LFD tool is helping the community

So many people have been defending how great it is this game has no LFD tool and how great it is to build the community and everything. Now I'm talking the game needs a SAME server LFD tool here not cross server.. anyway this is what chat has become and it's what I been saying all along and why these type of games really need a same server LFD tool. I can't even hold a useful conversation with people in general chat because of this crap is spammed non -stop

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6750/swtor2012010919254110.png

Comments

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Your server needs to get organized. My server has created multiple chat channels for all our needs.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by DannyGlover

Your server needs to get organized. My server has created multiple chat channels for all our needs.

I'm in The shadowlands one of the highest populated servers in the game and all you see is this nonstop all the time

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Originally posted by sanosukex

So many people have been defending how great it is this game has no LFD tool and how great it is to build the community and everything. Now I'm talking the game needs a SAME server LFD tool here not cross server.. anyway this is what chat has become and it's what I been saying all along and why these type of games really need a same server LFD tool. I can't even hold a useful conversation with people in general chat because of this crap is spammed non -stop

Peope are quick to blame the degregation of an MMO community on something like an LFD tool which is totally unsupported.  The tool did NOTHING to the degregation of the community, it was the community itself that did it.

• MuridanMuridan Member Posts: 94

Zonoez!! People are using general chat to look for groups....just like the Devs intended?!?!?! 

The sky....she falls!!!! 

Originally posted by Ambros123

Peope are quick to blame the degregation of an MMO community on something like an LFD tool which is totally unsupported.  The tool did NOTHING to the degregation of the community, it was the community itself that did it.

agreed so there's no reason not to add this feature into the game

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

I'm pretty sure LFD tool does nothing but kill a community. 

Originally posted by Lexin

how do you figure? and how does this nonstop LFG spam help it?

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

It's not bioware's fault they put all the flashpoints in the same zon.... wait...

Also on topic LFD tools are fine as long as they anrt cross server.  The community little more each time a dev adds feature that allow for further anonymity and independence from other players.

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Clearly it needs to be more organized and people need to form guilds and recruit all levels not just max. 

• Clubmaster22Clubmaster22 Member Posts: 279

Spending hours waiting standing around while spamming "LFG!!!" is NOT my idea of a good time and i have a hunch that i'm not alone in this. LFG-Tool was a gift from the gods for all of us who have little sparetime and want to actually GET THINGS DONE in the little time they have. Schoolkids may be able "to build a community" by standing around spamming general chat like an idiot for hours, i know i dont have that luxury or the patience for that matter.

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380

I couldn't begin to count the number of times that myself and others asked for a LFG chat channel during beta. I never cared much about the lack of an automatic dungeon finder, but without having a LFG channel in chat, everyone knew general chat would turn out exactly like that screenshot. Chalk it up as just another common UI feature that BioWare decided to leave out.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

The only thing I don't understand about this is a major complaint for MMO's today has become the lack of "community", they're too lobby based".

Seemingly companies are supposed to listen (to us), yet, aren't the number of complaints about leaving it to the community to dictate these affairs; instead of adding LFD, Cross server, etc.. functionality, direct opposition to such a complaint?

We can't have it both ways. So which is it, what is more important? That's what this topic should really be about.

My  opinion to put it simply is, a number of players just do not socialize well, it's also why forums more often than not become fester pits of bile.  You basically have two sets of people, those who voice their complaints, jokes, attacks, etc... and those who do not want to hear it, instead they are more worried about actual information related to the topic and/or game. (IE: LFG, LFGuild, WTS, etc...) In-game I fall in the latter category, difference is I either A: turn gen chat off, B: ignore it unless it's (guild)green.

In short without a good guild, LFD tools etcc.. can be the difference between a fun game and a frustrating one.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia

The only thing I don't understand about this is a major complaint for MMO's today has become the lack of "community", they're too lobby based".

Seemingly companies are supposed to listen (to us), yet, aren't the number of complaints about leaving it to the community to dictate these affairs; instead of adding LFD, Cross server, etc.. functionality, direct opposition to such a complaint?

We can't have it both ways. So which is it, what is more important? That's what this topic should really be about.

My  opinion to put it simply, is, a number of players just do not socialize well, it's also why forums more often than not become fester pits of bile.  You basically have two sets of people, those who voice their complaints, jokes, attacks, etc... and those who do not want to hear it, instead they are more worried about actually information related to the topic and/or game. (IE: LFG, LFGuild, WTS, etc...) In-game I fall in the latter category, difference is I either A: turn gen chat off, B: ignore it unless it's (guild)green.

In short without a good guild, LFD tools etcc.. can be the difference between a fun game and a frustrating one.

I agree in many games with no LFD tool I almost always turned off general chat and just listened to guild chat cause there was no point general chat was just a LFG or gold sell spam(depending on game). People and companies need to realize in todays gaming community it only hurts these sort of games to not incorporate and LFD tool to allow players to find groups and enjoy there content more efficiently.  Not everyone has a huge guild and for me only my firends are in the guild and not all the time are there enough to group with or in many cases we all just don;t have the time to run dungeons at the same time. Without a LFD tool it resorts to this same spam filling general chat over and over. I felt by now developers would of gotten the hint and from how solo and easy they have made these games I thought they were trying to cater to the casual gamer.

It's obviously just my opinion but I feel not having a same server LFD tool does nothing but hurt this game and really see no reason why it wasn't implemented at launch.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

I'm sorry, but where you saying something, I can't see around that big FLASHY ICON you requested for the game as well.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!

Originally posted by Slowdoves

I'm sorry, but where you saying something, I can't see around that big FLASHY ICON you requested for the game as well.

whats that have anything to do with the topic on hand? and never in my reactive indicator thread did I say I wanted a big flashy icon

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

whats that have anything to do with the topic on hand? and never in my reactive indicator thread did I say I wanted a big flashy icon

It sounds like you just need to play another game that will make you happy

Unless you are a sucker for punishment giving you a reason to crusade on forums about it, then carry on

Originally posted by Starpower

Unless you are a sucker for punishment giving you a reason to crusade on forums about it, then carry on

I even offered to give him my Visa rewards points for up 2 free months of WoW.

I'm in The shadowlands one of the highest populated servers in the game and all you see is this nonstop all the time

Like I said, your server needs to get organized. Here follow these easy steps and make an LFD channel for your server.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

how am I crusading around the forums most the time I'm trying to come up with ways I feel will help the game. I really don't understand peoples attitudes with hell you don't love the game then quit. The only reason I post here is cause I still play if I didn't I would not continue to post here. I feel the game has some pontential to be fun but lacking in many areas. Also as a die hard star wars fan and mmo addict I can't in good faith just walk away from this game... sad I know but thats how it is..

Like I said, your server needs to get organized. Here follow these easy steps and make an LFD channel for your server.

Dude!

You guys can't do shit like this!

Thinking outside the box or improvising is frowned upon.

thats all well and good but how are you going to get everyone into these channels you can't force people to use your custom channel. Also with so many instances and zones in this game its impossible to get most people on board with this. Only fix is either making a dedicated LFG channel which I really can't understand why there isn't one or add in a LFD tool. I feel the LFD will benefit the game a hell of a lot more. If you got your WHOLE server on board with this you must have a very very small population on your server

why even post when you offer not only no counter argument you don't even have anything useful to say

why even post when you offer not only no counter argument you don't even have anything useful to say

You are simply forcing yourself to play a game you are obviously not happy with, it's not fun for you period. You said it yourself.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

You dont get it,  I can think of 5 good reason why insta que dungeon finders are bad for the community, but you can only have one.  this will force you to figure out the other ones on your own.

EVERY group I have put together or been a part of using LFG chat in general has assured me the people I group with are, patient, mature and have gaurenteed me an enjoyable experience in the Flashpoints.  Impatient, rude or the clueless usually drop from the group before we are ready or expose themselfs in such a way that they are dismissed.

thats all well and good but how are you going to get everyone into these channels you can't force people to use your custom channel. Also with so many instances and zones in this game its impossible to get most people on board with this. Only fix is either making a dedicated LFG channel which I really can't understand why there isn't one or add in a LFD tool. I feel the LFD will benefit the game a hell of a lot more. If you got your WHOLE server on board with this you must have a very very small population on your server

Maybe you should just try it and promote it. Encourage people to use it. Spam it in general. If you really want a good community, then sometimes you gotta put in some effort and not just front the load on developers. They put the ability to create custom chat channels in the game. Use it. Its not the devs fault if people cant even be bothered to type /cjoin LFD hehe